Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Artifice Does not Crit.


Auhfel's Avatar


Auhfel
01.10.2012 , 12:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TrevNYC View Post
Exaggerate much? Also, why are you calling them "dailies" if you can get everything you want within "hours"?



The only money to be made from having a restaurant is out of the laziness of people who don't want to cook their own meals, amirite? Besides, that's irrelevant. Just because you have disdain for your apparent market doesn't mean that the market doesn't exist, now does it?
+1 +1 +1 (silly 5 character requirement).

Auhfel's Avatar


Auhfel
01.10.2012 , 12:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CrowleyW View Post
Uhhh, they're called "dailies" because you can only do them once a day, not because they take a day to complete. /Fail on your response.

To your second point you're attempting to justify the poor implementation of the crafting skill and it's complete lack of actual function or usefulness by claiming the benefit comes from being able to sell easily replaceable items to "lazy people"? The intent of a crafting skill should be to create items that are useful and high quality and not simply put in to generate cashflow from lazy people. Your analogy of a restaurant and crafting skills is poorly misguided.

You must be republicans because there is no substance to your argument. Tell me how and why Artificing is a benefit in any (even one) scenario. If you can find a benefit of Artificing at max skill vs easily attainable replacements then I'll shut up. But for now sir "amirite", no you are not right.
You're silly. No one is even trying to tell you that artificing crafteds are better than what you can obtain otherwise. They are just talking about their own expeiences.. and artificing crits.

TrevNYC's Avatar


TrevNYC
01.10.2012 , 01:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CrowleyW View Post
Uhhh, they're called "dailies" because you can only do them once a day, not because they take a day to complete. /Fail on your response.
If you can only do them once a day, then you are limited in how many commendations you can store up. This means that many players won't be able to make you entirely obsolete within hours of hitting 50, because you're assuming that they started dailies earlier than that; that they didn't spend any along the way; and that they didn't see something else that they wanted to spend commendations on first.

Quote:
You must be republicans because there is no substance to your argument. Tell me how and why Artificing is a benefit in any (even one) scenario. If you can find a benefit of Artificing at max skill vs easily attainable replacements then I'll shut up. But for now sir "amirite", no you are not right.
You're asking several different questions. Do you want a benefit to Artifice at any scenario, or only at max level? And what do you mean by benefit? Is selling something to someone a benefit? Or is it somehow only a benefit if you sell something that cannot be obtained in any other way? Are your credits somehow worth less because you got them from someone who was, in your words, "lazy?"

You said yourself that there is a market in selling to people who don't do dailies. If that's true, then you get credits for making stuff. Why exactly do you care why they want to buy the stuff you make if they in fact buy the stuff you make?

SIDE NOTE: Which vendors sell all the color crystals at 50? I want to check them out but am having trouble finding them. Serious question.

Choombatta's Avatar


Choombatta
01.10.2012 , 01:25 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrevNYC View Post
SIDE NOTE: Which vendors sell all the color crystals at 50? I want to check them out but am having trouble finding them. Serious question.
I am not exactly sure what you are asking.

If you are asking if there is a vendor in game that sells color crystals, not slotted into an existing item, then I am not aware of any.

Llenyd's Avatar


Llenyd
01.10.2012 , 01:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TrevNYC View Post
If you can only do them once a day, then you are limited in how many commendations you can store up. This means that many players won't be able to make you entirely obsolete within hours of hitting 50, because you're assuming that they started dailies earlier than that; that they didn't spend any along the way; and that they didn't see something else that they wanted to spend commendations on first.
Within hours of hitting 50, one run through the quests will net you:
A hilt better than artifice can create
A color crystal better than artifice can create
An enhancement equal to the best artifice can create
Also a mod equal to the best crafting can create
And 4 armoring patches better than crafting can create
A mod and enhancement one step below the best crafting can create.

After a week, you and two companions will be sporting items equal to or better than anything that can be crafted.

The market for crafting is only those people who are still leveling (which is itself greatly diminished by the other commendation vendors). Once the majority of players are 50, crafting will be obsolete.


Quote:
SIDE NOTE: Which vendors sell all the color crystals at 50? I want to check them out but am having trouble finding them. Serious question.
You can get a +power color crystal from one of the dailies.

Choombatta's Avatar


Choombatta
01.10.2012 , 01:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
Within hours of hitting 50, one run through the quests will net you:
A hilt better than artifice can create
A color crystal better than artifice can create
An enhancement equal to the best artifice can create
Also a mod equal to the best crafting can create
And 4 armoring patches better than crafting can create
A mod and enhancement one step below the best crafting can create.

After a week, you and two companions will be sporting items equal to or better than anything that can be crafted.

The market for crafting is only those people who are still leveling (which is itself greatly diminished by the other commendation vendors). Once the majority of players are 50, crafting will be obsolete.
And this affects "crits" in Artificing how?

CrowleyW's Avatar


CrowleyW
01.10.2012 , 02:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TrevNYC View Post
If you can only do them once a day, then you are limited in how many commendations you can store up. This means that many players won't be able to make you entirely obsolete within hours of hitting 50, because you're assuming that they started dailies earlier than that; that they didn't spend any along the way; and that they didn't see something else that they wanted to spend commendations on first.



You're asking several different questions. Do you want a benefit to Artifice at any scenario, or only at max level? And what do you mean by benefit? Is selling something to someone a benefit? Or is it somehow only a benefit if you sell something that cannot be obtained in any other way? Are your credits somehow worth less because you got them from someone who was, in your words, "lazy?"

You said yourself that there is a market in selling to people who don't do dailies. If that's true, then you get credits for making stuff. Why exactly do you care why they want to buy the stuff you make if they in fact buy the stuff you make?

SIDE NOTE: Which vendors sell all the color crystals at 50? I want to check them out but am having trouble finding them. Serious question.
Level 50 Rank 23 Hilt requires 8 daily commendations. At least 8 dailies can all be done "within hours".

Rank 22 epic mods & enhancements can be received 1 per day. You can fully gear out in these within 1 week bypassing the artificer.

The point isn't that there aren't market opportunities to selling to people who don't know about the dailies and/or are too lazy to do them. My point is that crafted max level gear should be unattainable through "easy" methods. Alternatives to crafted max level gear should include PvP gear & RNG Hard Mode Flashpoints / Ops as long as the Artificer is given the ability to stay competitive by RE'ing rank 23 / 24 mods as they choose from this gear. This opens up the market for people to customize their gear however they see fit with Rank 23 / 24 mods without sacrificing the quality of their gear. An example would be a sage keeping rank 24 Alacrity enhancements even though they benefit more from the crit & surge rating afforded by rank 22 battle enhancements. Why should artificers who have access to the rank 23 & 24 enhancements be prevented from RE'ing them to offer more options into the market?

Assuming the goal of the daily quests is to give a viable alternative to "casual" players to gear up prior to running HM's and not having to run Battle of Ilum or FE until they get "drops" good enough to gear them out for HM's then a viable alternative in the game design would have been to give Rank 22 blue enhancements instead of Epics. This still gears up players sufficiently to begin HMs but keeps the Artificer relevant in the marketplace.

Providing easily attainable equivalent gear or better gear than what can be crafted immediately (or shortly thereafter) you hit max level is standing in the way of having a viable endgame profession.

My suggestion for fixing this is to lower the quality of daily rewards to blue, significantly raise the price of or completely remove the rank 23 armor, barrel, and hilt purchased rewards from the daily commendation vendors and replace them with blue, and open up the schematics to RE rank 23 & 24.

Major problem solved.

PS- The initial question from the OP was responded to on the first page. You cannot crit on hilts, enhancements, or color crystals. You can however crit on offhands (generators, focii, & shields). Yes, we hijacked this thread to complain about artificers being irrelevant in the market place.

DarthWalt's Avatar


DarthWalt
01.10.2012 , 02:08 PM | #28
I think some stuff we make doesnt crit. Like crystals Enhancments hilts they are all Item emhancments and there for one you have lvled it to epic its as good as it gets cause its not a stand alone item you have to add it yo something to use it.


The shields on the other handat items so they can crit and its not a clear you crited on crafting you will know you crit when you add slots to the item. Fo shield I belive it is augement.

At lvl 400 i can assure you i ahve never crited I crystal hilt or enhancement but after grinding shield for both my SW and Bh tanks I assure you can with those. You need to use a crew with the highest affection and or bounus to your craft. IE if your a SW and take Synthweaving use Jaesa as she has bonus and is easy to get DS high affection.

SceneGG's Avatar


SceneGG
01.10.2012 , 02:15 PM | #29
I've only made 1 crit item in artifice since launch, and that was a green lvl 16ish shield gen. I've had a few purple recipes from REing, but crit creations are next to non-existent when trying to create shields/focuses etc
Scene :: The Scruffy Looking Nerf Herders :: Jedi Guardian :: Bacca's Blade

Samitch's Avatar


Samitch
01.10.2012 , 02:36 PM | #30
For those that are wanting to roll Artifice please do not get discouraged from this post. There is money to be made in the profession if you work the proper areas. Focus on the off-hand products once you hit level 400. Review the RE article at the top of the forums and be prepared for some work.

Remember that each schematic (focus, shields, etc) can be RE into 3 blue schematics.

(1) Redoubt, (2) Overkill, and (3) Critical

Each of those blue schematics can then be RE into 5 Artifact level schematics.

(1) Accuracy (2) Alacrity (3) Presence (4) Surge (5) Shield

I have been working on these and once I produce the Artifact level schematic I will then make a few in hopes of getting the "critical craft" which adds the Augmentation slot that everyone is after ("Mastercraft" Title). These DO sell !! I have been selling these for 150k each, but be forewarned. Getting these schematics takes time and a LOT of resources.

The rest of the crafting issues with Artifice that people complain about are NOT solely an issue with our profession. ALL crafting professions (etc maybe Biochem) suffer with being able to contend with in-game drops/rewards. This has been addressed by the DEVS that they do acknowledge it and will be working to balance it out in the future.

Good Luck!!