Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Artifice Does not Crit.


Choombatta's Avatar


Choombatta
01.10.2012 , 12:23 PM | #11
When I replace them is irrelevant to this discussion. I am just pointing out that you can indeed "crit" when crafting in Artifice, but only on the items that are able to be equipped.

AFAIK, you cannot "crit" when crafting any item modification ( Hilt, Color Crystal or Enhancement for Artificers, and Barrels, Modifications, and Armoring for others ).

Agemnon's Avatar


Agemnon
01.10.2012 , 12:24 PM | #12
Umm... I have an epic blue color crystal that is pure crit.

Choombatta's Avatar


Choombatta
01.10.2012 , 12:27 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CrowleyW View Post
"Top Tier" meaning you've crafted the best things you could that will be replaced by the Daily commendation vendor's Hilt & Daily reward enhancements the same day you begin doing daily quests @ level 50 right?

Just clarifying... let's not kid ourselves into thinking you got any benefit from leveling to 400 Artificing... because you didn't. Just like the rest of us.
You know, I was just answering the question that was originally posed.
Now I see, you are just looking to bash Artifice, and no facts will change your mind.

If you hate Artifice, than do not do it.

Personally, I enjoy it, have used it, have received benefits from it, and have even sold items I crafted on the GTN from it.

You cannot in anyway know what benefit I obtained from it, you only know your own narrow vision of the Craft.

CriticalMasses's Avatar


CriticalMasses
01.10.2012 , 12:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Choombatta View Post
AFAIK, you cannot "crit" making color crystals, enhancements, or hilts.
You can only "crit" on the items you can actually use ( i.e. equip ).

Now, if by "crit", you really mean obtain a better schematic from REing, than that is not a "crit". That is a random chance of getting a higher schematic.

If that is what you mean, than I can assure you, they are working. I have RE the prototype schematic for the orange lethality crystal and obtained the artifact schematic from it.

Currently, both of my lightsabers ( Jedi Sentinel ) have an artifact quality hilt, enhancement, and color crystal I RE and crafted myself, and they are all the top tier of craftables ( i.e. Artifact level Might Hilt 22, ect. ).
That's not top tier. Legendary (Deep purple) is.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

CrowleyW's Avatar


CrowleyW
01.10.2012 , 12:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Choombatta View Post
You know, I was just answering the question that was originally posed.
Now I see, you are just looking to bash Artifice, and no facts will change your mind.

If you hate Artifice, than do not do it.

Personally, I enjoy it, have used it, have received benefits from it, and have even sold items I crafted on the GTN from it.

You cannot in anyway know what benefit I obtained from it, you only know your own narrow vision of the Craft.
If you believe there are benefits to having 400 Artifice that can not be replicated and/or exceeded within hours of hitting level 50 then I'm not the one with the narrow view.

It's useless in all facets and needs to be fixed. The only money to be made is out of the laziness of others not running dailies not from having a superior product to be sold.

Choombatta's Avatar


Choombatta
01.10.2012 , 12:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CriticalMasses View Post
That's not top tier. Legendary (Deep purple) is.
By Top Tier in Artifice, I meant, for example, the Might Hilt 22. Not the quality of the schematic, but the level of the item.

Artificers cannot, at the moment, purchase schematics for any hilts higher than 22, it is the same with enhancements. Now you can purchase "pre-made" hilts and enhancements that are above the 22 tier, but an Artificer cannot make those.

I did not mean the best of the best of the best, but the top "tier" of Artifice bought schematics.

CriticalMasses's Avatar


CriticalMasses
01.10.2012 , 12:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Choombatta View Post
By Top Tier in Artifice, I meant, for example, the Might Hilt 22. Not the quality of the schematic, but the level of the item.

Artificers cannot, at the moment, purchase schematics for any hilts higher than 22, it is the same with enhancements. Now you can purchase "pre-made" hilts and enhancements that are above the 22 tier, but an Artificer cannot make those.

I did not mean the best of the best of the best, but the top "tier" of Artifice bought schematics.
I see. And supposedly you can gain 23+ schems by RE'ing the 22's to death.

But seriously. the resources just do not provide the opportunity to RE beyond artifact. It would take millions of credits to go beyond that unless the RNG loved you that day.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

Choombatta's Avatar


Choombatta
01.10.2012 , 12:36 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CrowleyW View Post
If you believe there are benefits to having 400 Artifice that can not be replicated and/or exceeded within hours of hitting level 50 then I'm not the one with the narrow view.

It's useless in all facets and needs to be fixed. The only money to be made is out of the laziness of others not running dailies not from having a superior product to be sold.
You are now putting words into my mouth I never said, to solidify your position.

Let's just stick to the topic of this thread..........

Yes, you can "crit" when crafting in Artifice.

TrevNYC's Avatar


TrevNYC
01.10.2012 , 12:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CrowleyW View Post
If you believe there are benefits to having 400 Artifice that can not be replicated and/or exceeded within hours of hitting level 50 then I'm not the one with the narrow view.
Exaggerate much? Also, why are you calling them "dailies" if you can get everything you want within "hours"?

Quote:
It's useless in all facets and needs to be fixed. The only money to be made is out of the laziness of others not running dailies not from having a superior product to be sold.
The only money to be made from having a restaurant is out of the laziness of people who don't want to cook their own meals, amirite? Besides, that's irrelevant. Just because you have disdain for your apparent market doesn't mean that the market doesn't exist, now does it?

CrowleyW's Avatar


CrowleyW
01.10.2012 , 12:43 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrevNYC View Post
Exaggerate much? Also, why are you calling them "dailies" if you can get everything you want within "hours"?



The only money to be made from having a restaurant is out of the laziness of people who don't want to cook their own meals, amirite? Besides, that's irrelevant. Just because you have disdain for your apparent market doesn't mean that the market doesn't exist, now does it?
Uhhh, they're called "dailies" because you can only do them once a day, not because they take a day to complete. /Fail on your response.

To your second point you're attempting to justify the poor implementation of the crafting skill and it's complete lack of actual function or usefulness by claiming the benefit comes from being able to sell easily replaceable items to "lazy people"? The intent of a crafting skill should be to create items that are useful and high quality and not simply put in to generate cashflow from lazy people. Your analogy of a restaurant and crafting skills is poorly misguided.

You must be republicans because there is no substance to your argument. Tell me how and why Artificing is a benefit in any (even one) scenario. If you can find a benefit of Artificing at max skill vs easily attainable replacements then I'll shut up. But for now sir "amirite", no you are not right.