Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice Does not Crit.

Deresdod
01.10.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1
I'm not the only one. Either the crit chance is so stupidly low, or it just doesn't crit. I've made a TON of color crystals, enhancements and hilts, and not once has any of my 400 skill items ever had a critical craft.

On top of that, theres almost no schematics so far that are world random drops for an artifice. Go to the GTN and search for some Schematics for every crew skill. Guess which one has none. (Besides that focus for tanking that seems to be the only one).

Artifice so far is a waste of time and a money sink. The only thing that has maybe made up for it a little bit, is the Magenta crystal i can now make, which really for the mats and time it takes to make it, stats are terrible for someone who doesnt care about the extra +2 Crit just to get a pink saber.
< CATALYST >
⋆ ⋆Destroying End Game content since 2005.⋆ ⋆
@deresdod

Reymundo
01.10.2012 , 12:02 PM | #2
I have level 250 artifice and it has never critted for me either.

Choombatta
01.10.2012 , 12:03 PM | #3
I have created many shields,generators, and foci with an Augment slot.
The only way to get an augment slot, is to crit on the crafting of the item.

You are not expecting to get a crit while crafting a color crystal, hilt, or enhancement are you?
You will never get an augment slot on an item that is placed into modification slots.

CriticalMasses
01.10.2012 , 12:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Choombatta View Post

You are not expecting to get a crit while crafting a color crystal, hilt, or enhancement are you?
You will never get an augment slot on an item that is placed into modification slots.
Yep. shield Gens and foci are the only things that crit anymore. modifications such as color crystals do not.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

Malakriss
01.10.2012 , 12:05 PM | #5
I have done multiple batches of 10+ REs on hilts and other things since I am trying to get all of the epic patterns for the alts that are leveling up. I have gone multiple times without a single crit, not on blues, not on greens. Yet then I hear our armstech over vent learning an epic barrel or 2 every batch. So much that he's close to having every single epic barrel 2-22 learned, while I've got 2-9 and then between 10-21 it's a crap shoot.

Doesn't make us feel comfortable at all when you figure we have to do color crystals and enhancements after that...

Deresdod
01.10.2012 , 12:06 PM | #6

Not expecting an augment on a color crystal, but if mastercraft is considered to be the "Crit" title of the gems, it should boost the stats.

Referring to stuff that is in the data of the game, but nowhere to be found as far as crits go IE: http://www.torhead.com/item/ezWeyLb/...rating-crystal something like so, no schematic or anything, so im assuming its for criticals.
< CATALYST >
⋆ ⋆Destroying End Game content since 2005.⋆ ⋆
@deresdod

CrowleyW
01.10.2012 , 12:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Malakriss View Post
I have done multiple batches of 10+ REs on hilts and other things since I am trying to get all of the epic patterns for the alts that are leveling up. I have gone multiple times without a single crit, not on blues, not on greens. Yet then I hear our armstech over vent learning an epic barrel or 2 every batch. So much that he's close to having every single epic barrel 2-22 learned, while I've got 2-9 and then between 10-21 it's a crap shoot.

Doesn't make us feel comfortable at all when you figure we have to do color crystals and enhancements after that...
Yea, part of that is because Troopers have an Armstech companion(to my understanding) that has +10 critical.

We get... nothing. So, go go balance rangers! Err.. wait....

Choombatta
01.10.2012 , 12:13 PM | #8
AFAIK, you cannot "crit" making color crystals, enhancements, or hilts.
You can only "crit" on the items you can actually use ( i.e. equip ).

Now, if by "crit", you really mean obtain a better schematic from REing, than that is not a "crit". That is a random chance of getting a higher schematic.

If that is what you mean, than I can assure you, they are working. I have RE the prototype schematic for the orange lethality crystal and obtained the artifact schematic from it.

Currently, both of my lightsabers ( Jedi Sentinel ) have an artifact quality hilt, enhancement, and color crystal I RE and crafted myself, and they are all the top tier of craftables ( i.e. Artifact level Might Hilt 22, ect. ).

CrowleyW
01.10.2012 , 12:17 PM | #9

Now, if by "crit", you really mean obtain a better schematic from REing, than that is not a "crit". That is a random chance of getting a higher schematic.

If that is what you mean, than I can assure you, they are working. I have RE the prototype schematic for the orange lethality crystal and obtained the artifact schematic from it.

Currently, both of my lightsabers ( Jedi Sentinel ) have an artifact quality hilt, enhancement, and color crystal I RE and crafted myself, and they are all the top tier of craftables ( i.e. Artifact level Might Hilt 22, ect. ).
"Top Tier" meaning you've crafted the best things you could that will be replaced by the Daily commendation vendor's Hilt & Daily reward enhancements the same day you begin doing daily quests @ level 50 right?

Just clarifying... let's not kid ourselves into thinking you got any benefit from leveling to 400 Artificing... because you didn't. Just like the rest of us.

TaishoD
01.10.2012 , 12:20 PM | #10

+1.

Companion crafting crit chance is ONLY for producing augment slots on EQUIPPABLE items ( no hilts, no modifications, only stuff like focii, generators, etc). They DO NOT affect your REing success.

REing for a higher level schematic is totally random: It has sometimes taken me as low as 1 or 2 items just to get to the next level schematic for an item. Sometimes, it's taken me more than a dozen ( I didn't really bother to count the max attempts for an item I've done, it was just depressing )
Server : Jekk'Jekk Tarr
Arithon - Shadow Consular
Leica - Gunslinger Smuggler