Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin Offhand level 10

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Assassin Offhand level 10

Dansu
12.14.2011 , 07:09 AM | #1
I didn't play assassin during beta so this is my first time through.

What are the differences between the two offhand items that are in the advanced class 'package' you receive upon choosing assassin. I couldn't find any explanation anywhere via searching.

Malevous
12.14.2011 , 07:13 AM | #2
If I remember correctly one had a shield and one didn't. I guess one was for dps spec and the other more for defense? anyone else know? This a good question.
Assassin-tank. That makes..sense.. :-P

cvmslowhand
12.14.2011 , 07:31 AM | #3
From my time in beta - it seems as a sorcerer you want a talisman in your offhand and as an assassin you want a personal shield generator. I do not think a talisman helps you as an assassin ( but it may )
The Force shall set me free. I am Archaeos, champion of the dark side.
Explorer 100% Killer 60% Socializer 33% Achiever 13%

Wyrd bi ful ard

Dranyari
12.14.2011 , 08:08 AM | #4
From what I remember in beta, shield generators are meant to be off-hands for tank-specced assassins; something about the shield not procing unless you're in tank stance or something. For dps assassins, best to use the focus off-hand.

Of course, I might be completely wrong; if anyone else knows for sure, please feel free to correct me!

Araillion
12.14.2011 , 08:14 AM | #5
the shield can proc even when not in tanking stance, but the chance of it doing so is much lower. the stats on the focus is generally higher than on the shield though so as a dps you want to go with focus rather than shield.

Buddhacometh
12.14.2011 , 08:20 AM | #6
yea when i played an assassin during beta you get the shield which is only 5% chance to proc dmg reduction with an extra 15% or 20% (dont remember) in ur tank stance. but the other is for dps role it has more stats in that area like force power and willpower that helps dmg not survivability.

razorseal
12.14.2011 , 08:27 AM | #7
It all depends... In parties in tend to use dps one, andwhenolo, the shield one

Haddion
12.14.2011 , 08:40 AM | #8
Their was dps focus'd shield stats and tank focus shiedl generators.