Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LFG Tool is NOT Needed

Thamelas
01.10.2012 , 11:19 AM | #1
Here is why....

I played WoW for 7 years. Groups used to be great. Then an LFG tool was introduced. After that it was hard to keep a group together because the first time everyone died people would drop group for a new one. After the LFG tool was introduced people in groups also turned into asses about jsut about everything that didn't go their way.

So in regards to an LFG tool, I say hell no.

EDIT: I NEVER have a hard time find a group, and I'm not in a guild.
SWTOR-Holo.net - Guides for Crew Skills, Datacrons, Flashpoints, Operations, Talent Builds, and more!

Vialator
01.10.2012 , 11:21 AM | #2
WoW community was dead BEFORE lfg tool- lfg tool had nothing to do with it- your view is skewered!

lfg is NEEDED in this game due to heavy instancing of EVERYTHING
Huh?

Lavargian
01.10.2012 , 11:23 AM | #3
I never understood people that drop out of the group after dying...that just seems stupid to me. Pretty sure what groups are supposed to do after a defeat is regroup, and try to formulate a better strategy...not just find a new group, and run in guns blazing again with absolutely no strategy what so ever...so counterproductive!

I think what we really need is a smarter, patient, more strategic community...also I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen...things will probably just continue to get worse.

Aerojinx
01.10.2012 , 11:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vialator View Post
WoW community was dead BEFORE lfg tool- lfg tool had nothing to do with it- your view is skewered!

LFG tool is not needed -_- I have no issue finding groups for anything.

IvamAkorahil
01.10.2012 , 11:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vialator View Post

i never had ANY problem whatsoever to find a group for something, start asking people and stop beeing lazy
Brotherhood eternal www.theredorder.net

rangerlump
01.10.2012 , 11:29 AM | #6
It is needed. When Fleet has 30 people in it, I am not sitting in there with my thumb in you know where for an hour waiting on someone to log in, spamming over and over. I want to que LFG for Esseles, head to Corrusant and start questing. When I get a popup, I can go experience that content....

lordgracy
01.10.2012 , 11:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Thamelas View Post
Here is why....

I played WoW for 7 years. Groups used to be great. Then an LFG tool was introduced. After that it was hard to keep a group together because the first time everyone died people would drop group for a new one. After the LFG tool was introduced people in groups also turned into asses about jsut about everything that didn't go their way.

So in regards to an LFG tool, I say hell no.
I completely disagree and heres why.
In every game Ive ever played there was at the very least a LFG global channel. In SWTOR nothing. I found exactly 2 groups for heroics specific to planets and exactly ZERO pugs for flashpoints while leveling to 50. Why? Because there isnt the very least a LFG global channel. Im not going to stop leveling and go sit on the fleet spamming for groups while I could be out questing and leveling. Just not gonna happen. Its boring and non efficient. If there was a LFG global channel that might have changed my experience 1-50. My 1-50 experience sucked except for the guild flashpoint runs I got to do. I like to pug as well and that didnt happen because it was very inaccessbile. and I am a healer no less. I also flagged myself with LFG comment and got nothing 1 to 50. At the very least a global channel would do wonders.
Deacon Zuul
55 Sage Healer
Harbinger

Lavargian
01.10.2012 , 11:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rangerlump View Post
It is needed. When Fleet has 30 people in it, I am not sitting in there with my thumb in you know where for an hour waiting on someone to log in, spamming over and over. I want to que LFG for Esseles, head to Corrusant and start questing. When I get a popup, I can go experience that content....
Join a guild?
Make some friends in the real world that you can play SWTOR with?

That way you don't have to sit around waiting for some random person to group with.
Simple solution to a simple problem.

tehehe
01.10.2012 , 11:32 AM | #9
Then you will not use it when it will be released. Rest of us won't have to waste time to "socialize" by spamming /1

basketofseals
01.10.2012 , 11:32 AM | #10
WoW's current LFG wasn't what it always was. If people don't like cross server things, why not make it like the pre 3.3 version?