Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware - Can you put in a loot priority button for companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Bioware - Can you put in a loot priority button for companions?

Sinnegorth
12.14.2011 , 10:39 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikkeditnavn View Post
Greed is already the option for companions. Once we are at 50 our companions cover all possible loot versions... So the Need for Companion is simply the new Greed and Greed is pointless. Thus Need for Companion is pointless for the start. It changes nothing worth speaking of.
You say that as if its a universal truth - in some people's mind NEED is the option for companions. Look at this thread - one guy already made the case that improving his companion is improving his character - and frankly that's a valid point. I am of the school that your char comes first and companions have less priority, but again this is a debatable point.

Operations will be handled by guilds and indeed I am in an Ops guild, but that does not mean people like me don't want this option, even when I am with all guildies. Sure we can sort it our amongst each other, but adding this feature would just make it so much faster and efficient. Not to mention that even the most hardcore Ops player will still pug at times.

azmundai
12.14.2011 , 11:59 PM | #32
suddenly, reading this thread I am transported back to loot macro days ... those were the times.
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

Ordryth
12.15.2011 , 01:17 AM | #33
After reading this yesterday, and gave it some thought, I came with a solution.

yes, make the button, but only clickable for the one using his/her companion.

and via loot settings (leader only) you can change if others can roll for their companion as well.
and no, the greed won't be useless. Because if you were to do a lot of flashpoints (I am a great fan of dungeons myself) you would meet people who already got the loot for their companions.

and no again, the greed button won't be useless since it's still used in the early stages, where not everyone has all his/her companions

so if no-one is using their companion, it's the leader who decides if people may roll or not for their companion via the settings.

Draugauth
12.15.2011 , 05:16 AM | #34
With companions covering all gear I would say that button is already in there. It's called GREED. Use it. Love it. Enjoy it when you get something YOU can't use but your companion can.

mynameisharry
12.15.2011 , 05:25 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinnegorth View Post
Below Need, above Greed. Companion Need.
I am all for this, but I would add forced criteria to being able to click need in the first place as in if you cant equip the item on your character you can't even press the need button.

The fact is unless its forced while in a pug you never can tell, why even give the ninja the option to need if they don't like your chosen loot options they can get another group.

So I would ask for your system need/companion need/greed but forced specifically for when you don't know your group members.

patjd
12.15.2011 , 05:29 AM | #36
1. Loot priority goes to the person filling the role of the loot that dropped.

2. You do not need on anything that is not itemized or equipable by your character. Companions do not count.

3. Everyone will eventually have a companion that item will be an upgrade for.

4. Players should receive 1 warning, after which further infractions they are kicked.

I plan on playing a tank. Tanks and healers are gong to have a lot of influence on groups. They should use it to combat ninjas.