Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware - Can you put in a loot priority button for companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Bioware - Can you put in a loot priority button for companions?

MrSteak
12.13.2011 , 09:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Halsion View Post
Most people who I've seen will just need on it no matter what, even taking it away from other players.
Wow, you must have played on a ****ty server, dude. I only had that happen one time by one player, and only because it was some kid who didn't know anything about the need/greed system.

Juromaro
12.13.2011 , 10:29 AM | #12
You will most likely spend 90% of your time playing this game with your companion. Flashpoints if they drop gear your companion can use as well then roll on it, but don't get pissed when someone rolls on an item you roll on either.

Operations: Will most likely have master looter so doubt that will be a problem.
Real Hardcore Raiding is getting woken up at 4am and yelled at by your raid leader to get in game because a boss has spawned and they are waiting on you. Not doing the same instance over and over again

Tachyonsaint
12.13.2011 , 10:33 AM | #13
Redundant, superfluous.

At end game you will have companions of almost every type so you could companion need on everything.
Kiss a wookie, kick a droid, fly the falcon through an asteroid.
Explorer: 87% Socializer: 53% Achiever: 47% Killer: 13%
. <-- Our light in dark times

lucasomega
12.13.2011 , 11:37 AM | #14
From a different thread started with almost the exact same intent, here's my opinion on why this wouldn't really fix the problem (if it really is that big of an issue or just isolated incidences...I haven't seen anyone cite any personal examples or statistics yet).

"I really don't believe that adding a companion need button would change anything. For all intents and purposes, it's just a duplicate greed button and not necessary. Yes, it would be considered a tier above greed rolls; however, that really just eliminates the usefulness of the greed button. One could make an argument that every piece of gear is an upgrade for their companion(s), and he/she wouldn't be wrong for doing so. Every class gets a companion(s) for each type; healer, tank, and DPS. I feel that greed would become an obsolete button, replaced by the companion need button.

I'd rather BioWare implement a system that restricts classes from rolling need on gear they can't personally equip, before worrying any further about companion loot. I think if classes can't roll need on gear outside of their own use, it will eliminate a ton of debate of the need/greed rules of companion loot."

MareLooke
12.13.2011 , 11:57 AM | #15
This is pointless. By the end people will have 5 companions and will basically be able to roll "companion need" on all gear.

I vote that people can ONLY roll need on stuff useful to their AC, everything else goes to greed.

Sancofa
12.13.2011 , 07:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinnegorth View Post
Below Need, above Greed. Companion Need.
I really like the companion need idea but it seems as though there are mixed reviews. Why not add a monetary penalty or a compensation to the group for rolling Companion need?

For example: you roll companion need on an item the game automatically takes double what the player would have received if they sell that item to the vendor and divides it evenly amongst the other players in the group if the players companion is not present. If the player does not have enough credits the companion need option will be greyed out or simply not available.

I think this would discourage ninjas and the other players in the group that helped you get that gear would get some sort of reward for helping you and the player would get the loot for there companion. Also a player should not have to pay if there companion is present in the group because obviously the companion contributed to getting that gear by auto attacking or healing what ever.

In 2 man groups with both players having a companion present there would be no monetary penalty for selecting the option.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Sorry my english isn't very good looking

Tynee
12.13.2011 , 09:29 PM | #17
Maybe I'm oversimplifying (as one the bazillion noobs getting ready to crash the gates) but what if you only have an active "Companion Need" button if you have an active companion with you? Otherwise it's an inactive choice? Wouldn't that eliminate it being an issue on anything other than flashpoints? Or can companions run operations, warzones and such?

Sinnegorth
12.13.2011 , 09:32 PM | #18
The difference between a companion need and a full greed is this:

Companion need you will equip it on your companion and use it as gear.

Greed means you don't give a crap about the gear and you want to either vendor it or sell it on the market or disenchant (Sorry dont rememb what the ToR term is).

Pretty simple.

helcaster
12.14.2011 , 04:33 AM | #19
NEED on all,only way to stop ninjas,being in guild teams isn't any guarantee u wont get screwed over,they'll just try harder to justify their actions with BS,lol.

Ronaldius
12.14.2011 , 04:42 AM | #20
Is it strange to have loot for companions only and players? So that people cant role for companion simply becouse they cant use it? Would that not solve the probleme?
So a boss drops 2 kinds of loot: companion and player.