Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same Sex Romances!


kavrnathythebold's Avatar


kavrnathythebold
01.10.2012 , 10:50 AM | #1
We have it in Mass Effect. We have it in Dragon Age. Why not SWTOR?

My Twi'lek Jedi Sentinel should be able to chat up Kira Carsen and be in love.

Deshiel's Avatar


Deshiel
01.10.2012 , 11:23 AM | #2
Because Lucasarts.

Skeedodemus's Avatar


Skeedodemus
01.10.2012 , 11:49 AM | #3
A lot of young children play this game. Also there isn't any ******** in the movies. Why would you think there will be any of this when a pivotal part in the movies was a straight marriage. You are marrying pixels, get over it.

Wittand's Avatar


Wittand
01.10.2012 , 11:58 AM | #4
Mr. Ried already has announced that same sex romances will be added.

The inofficial story is that they first forgot about them and then ran out of time and decided to make the same sex romances post launch content.
Officially we sadly do not know how/when this addition will take place.

This thread will be closed by a moderator quoting the official response by Mr. Ried soon like all the other other threads dedicated to this topic.

Darth_Syphilis's Avatar


Darth_Syphilis
01.10.2012 , 11:58 AM | #5
Not needed, nor does it really fit within the Star Wars universe. Has never been a factor in any of the movies. Not even in any expanded universe stuff that I have read.

pesky's Avatar


pesky
01.10.2012 , 12:00 PM | #6
If you are of the mind that homosexual and heterosexual relationships are equal than the opportunity for "children" to see the emotional relationships unfold in one or the other should bother you equally (or not at all). If you are homophobic it would present a problem as the game wouldn't be furthering your personal beliefs (which it has no need to do). Same sex relationships are coming in a future patch, its already been confirmed by Bioware, so for all the parents that are TOTALLY fine with their child role playing someone who would kill a woman's husband, deliver his head back to her, and then have sex with her while making your slave watch but would be aghast at the prospect of Adam and Steve or Erin & Eve talking about their feelings for each other can go look for a game that caters to them.

Cartumandua's Avatar


Cartumandua
01.10.2012 , 12:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Syphilis View Post
Not needed, nor does it really fit within the Star Wars universe. Has never been a factor in any of the movies.
Your opinion is irrelevant. They said they were going to put in.

And bully for them. It should be available to everyone, or no one. And I'm glad it will be available for everyone.

Lividcalm's Avatar


Lividcalm
01.10.2012 , 12:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Syphilis View Post
Not needed, nor does it really fit within the Star Wars universe. Has never been a factor in any of the movies.
Agreed. It's pathetic enough that the forums are in an uproar about same sex relationships, or lack thereof. Saddens me that a hot button topic in a STAR WARS game is homoerotica.

There are plenty of dating sites for you lonely folks out there. Just saying.
Elryck - HAKD

Port Nowhere

Darth_Syphilis's Avatar


Darth_Syphilis
01.10.2012 , 12:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by pesky View Post
If you are of the mind that homosexual and heterosexual relationships are equal than the opportunity for "children" to see the emotional relationships unfold in one or the other should bother you equally (or not at all). If you are homophobic it would present a problem as the game wouldn't be furthering your personal beliefs (which it has no need to do). Same sex relationships are coming in a future patch, its already been confirmed by Bioware, so for all the parents that are TOTALLY fine with their child role playing someone who would kill a woman's husband, deliver his head back to her, and then have sex with her while making your slave watch but would be aghast at the prospect of Adam and Steve or Erin & Eve talking about their feelings for each other can go look for a game that caters to them.

Has Space Wars for bigots and intolerants been released yet? No? Well you may want to pre-order.
The same old "Agree with us or you are a bigot" argument. Way to turn it nasty so quickly.

Rezelius's Avatar


Rezelius
01.10.2012 , 12:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skeedodemus View Post
A lot of young children play this game. Also there isn't any ******** in the movies. Why would you think there will be any of this when a pivotal part in the movies was a straight marriage. You are marrying pixels, get over it.
What does children playing the game have to do with anything? The fact that people seem to believe that same sex relationships damage a childs mentality compared to a hetero relationship is ridiculous.

Quote: Originally Posted by pesky View Post
If you are of the mind that homosexual and heterosexual relationships are equal than the opportunity for "children" to see the emotional relationships unfold in one or the other should bother you equally (or not at all). If you are homophobic it would present a problem as the game wouldn't be furthering your personal beliefs (which it has no need to do). Same sex relationships are coming in a future patch, its already been confirmed by Bioware, so for all the parents that are TOTALLY fine with their child role playing someone who would kill a woman's husband, deliver his head back to her, and then have sex with her while making your slave watch but would be aghast at the prospect of Adam and Steve or Erin & Eve talking about their feelings for each other can go look for a game that caters to them.

Has Space Wars for bigots and intolerants been released yet? No? Well you may want to pre-order.
Pretty much this. Letting your children play a game where you can cut off someones head and deliver it to their spouse is perfectly ok, but seeing 2 people of the same sex being in a relationship is so horrendously wrong? Get your priorities in check people.