Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sometimes, looking with LEFT mouse button causes my character to move when I release

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sometimes, looking with LEFT mouse button causes my character to move when I release

Teslajin
01.10.2012 , 09:15 AM | #1
Hi, sometimes, when I use my LEFT mouse button to look around (the one that does NOT CAUSE the character to turn with the camera) when I release the mouse button, the character turns to face the direction the camera was looking in, this is very irritating.

Help appreciated, cheers.

Zumlar
01.10.2012 , 09:35 AM | #2
A lot of us are having mouse issues. check out this thread, is this similar to your problem?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=62987
"I am the eggman, I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob"

Teslajin
01.12.2012 , 05:01 PM | #3
No, this is not my problem, my problem is that i can look around fine, but when i release the mouse, the character will turn around to face the same way i was looking, it STARTS randomly, but it is very consistent in the way it works

Unicodes
01.12.2012 , 05:10 PM | #4
i know what doing it

i have mouse with 5 butons and i set macro on one buton as double click and when i turn with my left buton and press macro button my char. turn that way

you have prop. bad contact in button and game register fast double click

Templeo
01.24.2012 , 06:00 PM | #5
That's not it either - got the same issue.. If i've got autorun on, sometimes if i look around, using the left mouse button, my character turns that way.

Freakin' annoying that is...

saidmo
02.17.2012 , 08:57 AM | #6
update got the same problem...

i dunno what causes it

its not like its a game bug tho?

sometimes u run and release the mouse button and then u run into the direction where u rleleased mouse button..

any fix anyone?

MrMichael
12.10.2012 , 06:50 PM | #7
I have been having the same problem off and on since game release. The way the camera works is all screwy. Normally the camera will reset back behind me when I release the mouse button, but sometimes it glitches, and from that point on, when I release the mouse button it turns me into the direction I was looking.

Very annoying, mostly because it is so inconsistent. Can't get used to it being one way or the other.

Another VERY annoying thing I've noticed as a tank, the right mouse button can now be used to select a target. This is very bad as a tank, with huge things all up in my face, and I try to move the camera around to get a look at what's going on, I end up losing my target, and end up targeting a party member, or something else. VERY annoying.

Fevee
04.05.2014 , 05:30 PM | #8
SWTOR, please fix this.

I sometimes need to rely on my camera, but not actually diving in that direction.

It seems to initiate on my gunslinger, and stays account wide until I restart the game. Do you know how hard it is to restart the game? I have to go into Task Manager and force quit the process.

Fevee
04.07.2014 , 08:29 PM | #9
This bug is such a pain. Please acknowledge it, administration, and fix it in this next patch. I never want to see it again.

Fevee
04.26.2014 , 06:47 PM | #10
This glitch is still there, and seems to show up on my gunslinger. Then it stays account-wide.