Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

fps problems (please assist)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
fps problems (please assist)

lualar
01.11.2012 , 03:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Escaflownae View Post
Look I know I don't have a low end pc as James has stated. My pc is just fine there has got to be something some kind of a setting that isn't right that I need to look at. I mean why can my specs blow games like bf3 up to 150fps other games to 180+ and this one with medium textures and no shadows and no bloom bring my performance to a crashing 12-30fps?

I'm not going to threaten to quit that is just silly. However I would like discussion on this topic. If someone there see that I might need to change something let me know I'm looking at everything now and nothing is standing out at me.
It's been posted on many other FPS threads that there are currently problems with various hardware combinations but no one from BW has actually confirmed any issue or any upcoming fixes.

I have seen in these threads that SWTOR isn't too keen on SLI, it's best to disable the SLI and use only one.

I personally would hold off on buying new GFX cards;
- AMD/ATI and nVidia have yet to release optimised drivers for SWTOR
- BioWare are (hopefully) optimising the code but this of course is a time consuming process

I would "hope" that those two points are addressed and resolved in the next month
The Pythagoras Legacy on Nightmare Lands EU
Tetractys | SIS | OPs DPS | 50 ---- Upsilon | SWJ | PvP Tank | 50 --- Theorem | BHM | Healer | levelling

Leggomy
01.11.2012 , 04:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Escaflownae View Post
Anyone want to comment?
You need to read the sticky at the top about how to ask for help here. Otherwise you arent giving them enough information to work with.