Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Crew Skills 101: Basic Crafting Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
SWTOR Crew Skills 101: Basic Crafting Guide

ShawnSixtyTwo
03.12.2012 , 09:12 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by hAxberg View Post
My blue and purple missions I bought on market just dissapeared after I done it once, to some time later pop up again. I thought that maybe they had some kind of cooldown. But this "carddeck" thing explained everything. Cheers!
No, they're gone: they're single-use. Think about how much you paid for it vs how much it yielded. If that mission was repeatable you would easily pay a million for it. You can buy more missions and learn & run them.

Quote: Originally Posted by jedahmaster
-can u retrain the skills? Not irreversable like advanced class?
Yes. You can drop them and take new ones at any time, but you go right back to 0 every time. Meaning if you, level Artifice to 400 and drop it then pick it up again you'll be starting all over yet again.

Quote:
I was thinking of taking archeology/ artifice/ and slicing as a moneymaking skill, should I take artifice/ archeology/ and treasure hunting instead?
Artifice isn't a huge moneymaker - I should know, as I'm 400 in it. What really sells from it are midlevel crystals for about 5k apiece to people leveling alts.

If you want to profiteer and not worry about eventually picking up a craft skill, take slicing and whatever 2 gathering/mission skills your crew is most effective at. See this thread for which combo that is for your class.

Quote: Originally Posted by Solozaur View Post
Is the success of missions linked to the character/companion level?
As far as I can tell it's just linked to the mission difficulty and your crew skill level in that area. When a mission is yellow or orange they'll fail more often than green and grey ones. Doesn't matter if you're a level 10 or 50 character. Affection doesn't seem to matter either, as I had Kira fail plenty through the course of leveling my crew skills and she's near max affection.

Quote:
Also for Treasure Hunting I'm doing mostly lockbox missions since they are the shortest, is that ok for lvling or should I do gem missions? The usual lockbox I get is white and it rarely gives enough money to pay the mission.
Any mission that's not grey will help you level. The lockboxes aren't a bad way to go since, as you noted, you get partially refunded for the effort.

TimNYI
09.09.2012 , 08:27 PM | #62
what would happen if i RE'd an artifact piece of armor? for example, my artifact chest piece (Critical Composite Flex Body Armor) has a 10% chance to give me a new schematic, what would it be?

Project_insanity
03.15.2013 , 11:34 AM | #63
You made an error my good friend, you get up to 7 companions.
But either than that, good forum

Project_insanity
03.15.2013 , 11:36 AM | #64
and you also made another error.
At the cartel market, I noticed an option to where you can buy, another crew skill.
I'm not sure if it's still up there or not. Sorry just had to point out the errors, while reading..

LarryRow
03.15.2013 , 12:32 PM | #65
rofl

Dude, this was written before the game was even released. I'm pretty sure Cybertech can NOT make teleporters!
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

EvanIsaacP
03.15.2013 , 04:50 PM | #66
Necro!!!!

MPMakris
04.12.2014 , 02:29 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyresygn View Post
Synthweaving relies on materials from:
Archaeology: Power Crystals
Underworld Trading: Underworld Metals and Luxury Fabrics
Synthweaving also needs Ancient Artifacts from Archaeology.

Romadbuff
05.03.2014 , 03:05 PM | #68
Is there any way to increase the 20% RE improvement chance?