Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Crew Skills 101: Basic Crafting Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
SWTOR Crew Skills 101: Basic Crafting Guide

moiraesfate
12.13.2011 , 12:29 PM | #21
You forgot to mention that your companion CAN fail at their gathering missions.

iain_b
12.13.2011 , 12:31 PM | #22
Nice write up!
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

Olf-chan
12.13.2011 , 02:48 PM | #23
How do you gain new blue prints for crafting? During the Beta weekend I had no idea how to craft new stuff. My level 21 sorcerer could only craft the three entry level synthweaving items.

Lialdia
12.13.2011 , 03:03 PM | #24
Let's add to the write up something people seemed to miss out on, especially in the beta.

As soon as you land on the planet and are done with the first dialogs, run to the space port and get shuttle ride to the fleet (republic or empire, whichever side you are on).
Once there, walk to the crew skill area and pick up your three skills.

Now there aren't that many places to get skill ups on the starting planets, but you can get some (for example some of the slugs can be harvested via Bioanalysing on Korriban).
Also talking to each trainer at the Fleet gives you the codex entries and associated experience points, you should hit level 4 from the codex entries received.
This early level jump will make the beginning quests in the newbie planets that much easier and faster to do.

DarkDiva
12.13.2011 , 03:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lialdia View Post
Let's add to the write up something people seemed to miss out on, especially in the beta.

As soon as you land on the planet and are done with the first dialogs, run to the space port and get shuttle ride to the fleet (republic or empire, whichever side you are on).
Once there, walk to the crew skill area and pick up your three skills.

Now there aren't that many places to get skill ups on the starting planets, but you can get some (for example some of the slugs can be harvested via Bioanalysing on Korriban).
Also talking to each trainer at the Fleet gives you the codex entries and associated experience points, you should hit level 4 from the codex entries received.
This early level jump will make the beginning quests in the newbie planets that much easier and faster to do.
I hadn't realizedyou could even leave te planet before finishing your class story when I as in beta. Thanks for the tip!
"Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
"Big damn heroes, sir."

ibervang
12.13.2011 , 04:02 PM | #26
On your comment about why anyone would use a vibro blade, instead of a lightsaber. When i was testing, i found such an item, that was better in every way, then the lightsaber i had. more MIN and Max damage. Str and i think 2 more things.

PlayLoud
12.13.2011 , 04:57 PM | #27
Thanks for the write-up!
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | SSD: Samsung EVO 1TB
Video: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 10 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

Excise
12.13.2011 , 05:07 PM | #28
Very good post.

My suggestion for an addition: Explain how you craft Orange (able to fully mod) gear.

Trynian
12.13.2011 , 05:07 PM | #29
It's worth noting that other skills besides slicing can give you alternate paths. For instance, Bioanalysis and Scavenging both allow access to otherwise-inaccessible areas in the Hammer Station flashpoint.

KiraHalcyon
12.13.2011 , 05:22 PM | #30
Very good guide here.

I do have a question, however--can you craft items with one character and send them through the game's Mail System to another of your characters?

Example: Let's say you have three characters on your account on the same server: A Jedi Knight, a Jedi Consular, and a Smuggler. The Knight's Crew Skills are Scavenging, Slicing, and Armormech, the Consular's are Archaeology, Bioanalysis, and Artifice, and the Smuggler's are Slicing, Treasure Hunting, and Underworld Trading. Could you craft Armor with the Knight and use the Mail System send it to the Smuggler, or send Crystals and Hilts created by the Consular over to the Knight, or send items gathered by the Smuggler to the Knight or the Consular?

I don't have access to the game just yet (still waiting for my Early Access Invite), but I want to know if what I described is possible.

Later!!
Takeshi Yamato- 24-Year-Old Human Male Jedi Sentinel
Hitomi- 21-Year-Old Human Female Sith Marauder
Sayane- 27-Year-Old Human Female Imperial Sniper
Zark- 300-Year-Old Feeorin Male Sith Juggernaut