Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Crew Skills 101: Basic Crafting Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
SWTOR Crew Skills 101: Basic Crafting Guide

Fyresygn
12.13.2011 , 09:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MethodiusTOR View Post
You need diplomacy for mission "gathering" from your companion, you send them out to gather the supplies for you and they bring them back, I do not believe you can gather these materials yourself, or you can always buy them on the AH.
Right. In fact, all I can see that comes from Diplomacy are the more rare (blue/purple) materials needed to craft the blue/purple Biochem items. So, you could just buy them off of the GTN/Auction House as needed.

For complete self-sufficiency in Biochem, you need to take Bioanalysis and Diplomacy. But, you could simply buy whatever materials you needed too.

VegaPhone
12.13.2011 , 09:23 AM | #12
thnx for the clarification everyone.

Zanarus
12.13.2011 , 09:33 AM | #13
"Crewmembers have different bonuses to Crew Skills, so that one crewmember might have a +15 to Underworld Trading, or another might have +1 to Crit on a Slicing mission."

Does anyone have a link or detailed information about the bonus for each Crew Member? It would be good to know before choosing the Skills.

Fyresygn
12.13.2011 , 09:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zanarus View Post
"Crewmembers have different bonuses to Crew Skills, so that one crewmember might have a +15 to Underworld Trading, or another might have +1 to Crit on a Slicing mission."

Does anyone have a link or detailed information about the bonus for each Crew Member? It would be good to know before choosing the Skills.
There are some excellent companion guides out there, but I can't seem to find the link. If I have time soon before someone else does it, I'll include a section on Companion bonuses.

But, as I looked over the bonuses, they really ranged across everything and I realized that my Companions would have no bearing on my skill choices. For instance, as a Consular, one of my companions has a bonus to Armstech. I can't see many Consulars taking Armstech, so the bonuses are not totally optimized for your class. They range pretty far.

Pilige
12.13.2011 , 10:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyresygn View Post
For complete self-sufficiency in Biochem, you need to take Bioanalysis and Diplomacy. But, you could simply buy whatever materials you needed too.
I saw that flow map the other day and I was a little confused. I played Beta from like july till the second to last build and Biochem used Underworld trading as their mission skill. Did they change this?

I was hoping to do

Char 1:
Cybertech
scavenging
slicing

Char 2:
Biochem
Bioanalysis
Underworld trading (chemicals for Biochem and metals for cybertech)

Its hard to tell whats old info floating around out there nowadays.
Infernal Empire
A Community for Adult Gamers
Website | Thread | About | How to Join?
Est. 2004

Theiranth
12.13.2011 , 10:08 AM | #16
Great information. Thanks! Can't wait to get in game.

Stomptrooper
12.13.2011 , 10:22 AM | #17
Bump and Sticky request

Fyresygn
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilige View Post
I saw that flow map the other day and I was a little confused. I played Beta from like july till the second to last build and Biochem used Underworld trading as their mission skill. Did they change this?

I was hoping to do

Char 1:
Cybertech
scavenging
slicing

Char 2:
Biochem
Bioanalysis
Underworld trading (chemicals for Biochem and metals for cybertech)

Its hard to tell whats old info floating around out there nowadays.
Yeah, they changed it as of the 11/26 build. Biochem now gets Medical Supplies from Diplomacy. And Underworld Trading gives Synthweaving Luxury Fabric (which came from Diplomacy previously).

The flow chart at the top of this post is accurate.

WanderingDingo
12.13.2011 , 11:02 AM | #19
Very informative, thank you for the post.

FugeeMan
12.13.2011 , 11:45 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyresygn View Post
Disclaimer: I put this information together for myself and decided it might be useful for others. I am certain that I didnít get everything right, so please feel free to post corrections and Iíll happily update accordingly. Thanks!

Crafting Map: http://www.oldrepublic.net/258-crew-...endencies.html
Crafting Map coming back 404