Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Soloist Complaint: Way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Soloist Complaint: Way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions

teamplayerx's Avatar


teamplayerx
01.10.2012 , 01:46 PM | #31
I don't think that there is too much of anything. Heroics are fun especially with a small amount (2-3) of people trying to do a Heroic of 4+ its a nice challenge. I've completed two so far, but very fun. Loot is good even with small amount of people.

Sykper's Avatar


Sykper
01.10.2012 , 02:37 PM | #32
I am not sure what you intend on proving by saying "There should be less content"...

You could have re-worded your opinion by stating more solo quests and have gotten more agreement by your fellow soloists, myself included. Instead, you took a negative approach and made what would seem to be a troll post.

Group Content is just fine.

Your opinion is just wrong, and yes, there are bad opinions and good ones. I encourage you to try again, preferably with something more constructive for the game, not destructive.

lanozid's Avatar


lanozid
01.10.2012 , 02:38 PM | #33
I agree with the heroic part. In some areas the number of Heroics really is too high and as skipping them is no option in a story-driven game things could really be improved here.

They should just add public groups for any Heroic area (like in Rift or Warhammer) which are automatically joined when a player enters the area of the quest. This would basically eliminate most group finding outside of Flashpoints and allow people to play instead of either waiting for other players or until the quest is soloable.

The number of Flashpoints is ok, actually there canīt be too many of them in my opinion (at least with a group finder; too many could make manual group search difficult).

Cyphen's Avatar


Cyphen
01.10.2012 , 02:48 PM | #34
You are not forced to do any of the content if you do not wish so, your opinion is flawed.

Quote: Originally Posted by lanozid View Post
I agree with the heroic part. In some areas the number of Heroics really is too high and as skipping them is no option in a story-driven game things could really be improved here.

They should just add public groups for any Heroic area (like in Rift or Warhammer) which are automatically joined when a player enters the area of the quest. This would basically eliminate most group finding outside of Flashpoints and allow people to play instead of either waiting for other players or until the quest is soloable.

The number of Flashpoints is ok, actually there canīt be too many of them in my opinion (at least with a group finder; too many could make manual group search difficult).
You remove them and people will start making thread that there is not enough content while leveling.

Its good as it is, no one asks you to do any of it if you don't want to. I know I skipped many of them as well, I am not bothered I can always come back to them to level my legacy etc..

Its no wonder, Soloist hence why Flashpoints and Heroic quests which are ment for groups are not appealing to you.

I do not understand what is you are trying to achieve by creating this thread =/
Your Blood shall become the Mantle to my Victory!

Risingstars's Avatar


Risingstars
01.10.2012 , 02:52 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by lanozid View Post
I agree with the heroic part. In some areas the number of Heroics really is too high and as skipping them is no option in a story-driven game things could really be improved here.

They should just add public groups for any Heroic area (like in Rift or Warhammer) which are automatically joined when a player enters the area of the quest. This would basically eliminate most group finding outside of Flashpoints and allow people to play instead of either waiting for other players or until the quest is soloable.

The number of Flashpoints is ok, actually there canīt be too many of them in my opinion (at least with a group finder; too many could make manual group search difficult).
You don't actually need to do Heroic quests to advance the story as you would out level the content anyways if you just do all the solo quests. The heoric quests gives you some nice items for sure, but they are definitely not required. In fact the last couple of planets I leveled in (Belsavis & Corelia), there were almost no players there on the republic side, so I did all the solo missions.

lanozid's Avatar


lanozid
01.10.2012 , 02:57 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyphen View Post
You are not forced to do any of the content if you do not wish so, your opinion is flawed.
Potentially having to skip parts of the story in a game which many only play because, unlike most MMORPGS, it has story is not very satisfying and waiting until you are finally able to manually find a group is absolutely no fun at all. Why so old fashioned? Look at other games. Obviously people want to play without wasting their time talking to other players and building a group.

lanozid's Avatar


lanozid
01.10.2012 , 03:02 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Risingstars View Post
In fact the last couple of planets I leveled in (Belsavis & Corelia), there were almost no players there on the republic side, so I did all the solo missions.
So why not change the content so it can be used by most possible players. Itīs poinless to have those areas which are rarely frequented (and that is already happening and will only get worse once less players level their characters) and it is possible to have the idea of grouping combined with the organizational ease of soloing (auto group, zone scaling).

Bosus's Avatar


Bosus
01.10.2012 , 03:26 PM | #38
For whatever reason, I've found group play to be both less intimidating and easier to pick up than I did in WoW and I really appreciate that. After getting griefed out of a number of dungeons in WoW as a n00b I pretty much gave up and solo'd it, but SWTOR has been a much more gratifyingly social experience. I've been doing ad-hoc groups for all of the heroics, and generally people have been great. It's also an entirely new challenge to learn to play one's position within the group.

So, for those who've been turned off of playing with other people in other MMO's like I was, give it another try here!

Cyphen's Avatar


Cyphen
01.10.2012 , 03:28 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by lanozid View Post
Potentially having to skip parts of the story in a game which many only play because, unlike most MMORPGS, it has story is not very satisfying and waiting until you are finally able to manually find a group is absolutely no fun at all. Why so old fashioned? Look at other games. Obviously people want to play without wasting their time talking to other players and building a group.
You do not need to group with other players to complete your main class story. Heroic missions are rather bonus, you do not need to do them. If the story is boring to you, skip it with spacebar or quit the game.
Your Blood shall become the Mantle to my Victory!

Tomidius's Avatar


Tomidius
01.10.2012 , 03:29 PM | #40
MMO gamer complaing about group content..

How moronic are you?