Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise

Tullianus
01.10.2012 , 06:57 AM | #21
http://www.cracked.com/article_18858...y-science.html

I think this explanation is rather nice

Geeluc
01.10.2012 , 07:09 AM | #22
Sorry if this has been posted, not read all the thread, I'm lazy, shoot me.

But, storm troopers are bad shots coz of the following.

If a trooper was a good shot and killed someone of importance, they would have been promoted.
They all knew, the higher up the ranking, the closer you get to Vader.
The closer you get to Vader, the more likely you are to be killed by Force Choke (or something similar).

Bad shot, no promotion, you stay alive.
Putting the smug into Smuggler

jarjarloves
01.10.2012 , 07:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tullianus View Post
http://www.cracked.com/article_18858...y-science.html

I think this explanation is rather nice
well sort of it means that the Storm Troopers are just as good as your average WW1 conscript and not the super soldiers that people make them out to be.

Of course you would think that they would add targeting computers in the Storm Troopers helmets or something.

Amaste
01.10.2012 , 09:31 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
Apparently the original cut of A New Hope where Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Obi-wan were gunned down and killed by precise marksmanship on their way to the Milennium Falcon to flee Tatooine wasn't that well received.
Yeah, too many plot holes, and the redone script threw them out of the time limit for a short story, so they turned "Desert Troopers" into "Star Wars".
Alcoheälic, Dück, Amaste Liegoxi, Leguim Afinrah

The Harbringer

Wolfninjajedi
01.10.2012 , 09:31 AM | #25
Last I checked they wiped the floor with the rebel troops on the Tantive IV, plus movies don't give them justice now the books focusing on stormtroopers show how they are really elite.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Seductivpancakes
01.10.2012 , 09:41 AM | #26
Plot armor.

Sadly, Star wars isn't one one of those movies in which a main character is killed off.

At the very best, Leia gets wounded in ROTJ.

jarjarloves
01.10.2012 , 10:03 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Last I checked they wiped the floor with the rebel troops on the Tantive IV, plus movies don't give them justice now the books focusing on stormtroopers show how they are really elite.
ehh they did ok they still lost a bunch of men and even then r2d2 and C 3po were able to stumbble across their line of fire with out getting shot.

Remember Movies are the top of the food chain so if the stormtroopers can't shoot in the movies then it doesn't matter what they say in the books.

Geeluc
01.10.2012 , 11:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
ehh they did ok they still lost a bunch of men and even then r2d2 and C 3po were able to stumbble across their line of fire with out getting shot.
Always bugged me about the OT. Just that one bit. They should have died.

Although, maybe the ST are such good shots and they only aimed at the Rebels, thinking shooting droids was a waste of ammo???
Putting the smug into Smuggler

smartalectwo
01.10.2012 , 01:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
Obviously he means they're so precise in comparison to the sand people.
Though the Sand People were able to hit speeding pod racers in Ep 1... maybe they have a sniper division or something.
There is no try.

Malichus
01.10.2012 , 02:00 PM | #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
"These blast points... too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberCommando View Post
And yet not one heroic character is killed by there marksmanship, despite them having ample shots. WHY?
A couple of decades alone in the desert turned Obi-Wan into a compulsive liar. That became obvious when the prequels were released.