Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise

Akento's Avatar


Akento
01.10.2012 , 04:23 AM | #11
Plot Armor. Best gear one can have.
"The dead never lie."

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
01.10.2012 , 04:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
Obviously he means they're so precise in comparison to the sand people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSfz9sgeMA4

Rikalonius's Avatar


Rikalonius
01.10.2012 , 04:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberCommando View Post
And yet not one heroic character is killed by there marksmanship, despite them having ample shots. WHY?
I was having this debate with friends in 1980. Are they any worse than any other movie bad guy --for instance when some hero rides his motorcycle at a hundred submachine gun toting mooks and there is a hail of ricochets off the pavement. Yeah, it's like that. At least they were shown taking out rebels on Tantive V.

Kanubis's Avatar


Kanubis
01.10.2012 , 04:54 AM | #14
Apparently the original cut of A New Hope where Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Obi-wan were gunned down and killed by precise marksmanship on their way to the Milennium Falcon to flee Tatooine wasn't that well received.

DarkestDaemon's Avatar


DarkestDaemon
01.10.2012 , 05:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
*Opens mouth*

...

*Closes it*

...

*Begins plotting an Imperial Army filled with sand people*

Vecke's Avatar


Vecke
01.10.2012 , 05:02 AM | #16
It's because Ben was lying. It was all part of his and Yoda's plot to manipulate Luke into succeeding where they had failed.

See, Ben actually paid the Sandpeople to attack Luke, then run off like that. It's why they didn't kill Luke and why they ran when Ben came waving his arms like an idiot.

After Luke and Ben left the area, Yoda showed up and killed them all.

While Ben was talking to Luke in his house, Yoda was busy killing those Jawas, then making it LOOK like it was Stormtroopers trying to make it look like sandpeople (using the gear he got from killing the sandpeople).

Then, while Ben and Luke were looking at the sandcrawler and Ben was blaming it on Stormtroopers, Yoda was at the Lars Homestead, killing Owen and Beru.

It's really obvious, when you think about it.
"I know."

Rikalonius's Avatar


Rikalonius
01.10.2012 , 05:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
Apparently the original cut of A New Hope where Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Obi-wan were gunned down and killed by precise marksmanship on their way to the Milennium Falcon to flee Tatooine wasn't that well received.
What do they call that? Didn't test well with audiences. I guess if you were making a movie about bad@** super soldiers who round up fundamentalist religious terrorists in the desert it would work fine.

DarthMoord's Avatar


DarthMoord
01.10.2012 , 05:07 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberCommando View Post
And yet not one heroic character is killed by there marksmanship, despite them having ample shots. WHY?
In ANH the Stormtroopers successfully convince a former stormtrooper (Han Solo) that they were trying to kill them whilst firing from the hip, that they didn't accidentally hit anyone is a testament to their accuracy not a sign of inaccuracy. In addition you people need to get some experience in actually shooting a gun while on the move, it's not as easy as Hollywood would like to depict. For example on average for every insurgent killed by US armed forces in Iraq, we expended in excess of a thousand rounds.
See the sniper on the hill.
Rifle's loaded, he's ready to kill.
Kill the enemy, steal his soul.
So early. So early. So early in the morning.

Rikalonius's Avatar


Rikalonius
01.10.2012 , 05:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
It's because Ben was lying. It was all part of his and Yoda's plot to manipulate Luke into succeeding where they had failed.

See, Ben actually paid the Sandpeople to attack Luke, then run off like that. It's why they didn't kill Luke and why they ran when Ben came waving his arms like an idiot.

After Luke and Ben left the area, Yoda showed up and killed them all.

While Ben was talking to Luke in his house, Yoda was busy killing those Jawas, then making it LOOK like it was Stormtroopers trying to make it look like sandpeople (using the gear he got from killing the sandpeople).

Then, while Ben and Luke were looking at the sandcrawler and Ben was blaming it on Stormtroopers, Yoda was at the Lars Homestead, killing Owen and Beru.

It's really obvious, when you think about it.
Brilliant! That's why Obi Wan was conveniently able to speak Shyriiwook. The known Wookiee sympathizer Yoda had pre-arranged the trip to Alderaan with Chewbacca, a known associate, prior to their arrival at Mos Eisely.

Vepariga's Avatar


Vepariga
01.10.2012 , 05:29 AM | #20
maybe because they are heroic characters? heros being killed by Stormtroopers as soon as they got in the Death Star wouldnt make a very entertaining film now would it?