Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Commendations/Loot READ

Thoffs
01.10.2012 , 07:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
I was under the impression that for operations and hard mode flashpoints, everyone no matter their profession would get a "loot bag" that would contain good gear or tokens to get good gear.

The impression I, and I suspect many of you got from this statement was that you'd never do a HM flashpoint or operation and come away with nothing gear wise, and if you did then you'd have the tokens from 1-5 bosses to buy something.

That isn't the case.
Exactly THIS.

From everything I read pre-release, this was going to be a 'different' game, breaking the mold, etc in regards to loot drops for raid-level gear, but it appears to be the same old crap. Really, how HARD is it to drop gear appropriate for the players in the group/operation?????

Frozenshiva
01.10.2012 , 07:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoffs View Post
Exactly THIS.

From everything I read pre-release, this was going to be a 'different' game, breaking the mold, etc in regards to loot drops for raid-level gear, but it appears to be the same old crap. Really, how HARD is it to drop gear appropriate for the players in the group/operation?????
From a design point? Very hard actually. but i guess for some its a difficult notion. It's not impossible, but difficult enough to not be a priority when so many other things can be fixed in the same ammount of time.

prmsntrcrps
01.10.2012 , 08:19 AM | #13
Took me ~15 runs before I saw a single inquisitor set token drop

Janyx-Nehalem
01.10.2012 , 09:21 AM | #14
Wow guys thanks for the feedback. I went to bed last night angry about this loot situation, after having written the OP. I half expected to wake up and find a bunch of troll responses that read "You suck, play moar." Thanks for not flaming me (boy I don't miss the WoW Forum community).

On the other hand, it looks like a lot of people are having similar problems, and that's BAD. This is exactly why I quit Aion: it was unlikely you were going to get any kind of reward for hours and hours of gameplay.

BW really needs to re-evaluate the time spent vs. reward formula for Hard Modes. I suggest a 100% commendation system, where ALL gear is bought (except maybe weapons, relics, implants). Then I'd tune the drop rates so players were able to afford a new piece of armor every 3-4 HMs or so.

This would even the playing field for people, making it so one person couldn't gear up amazingly fast (the gunslinger in my static party last night got 6 drops over the course of 4 FPs), and also would make it so people can get totally screwed.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. I shall not love. I shall not hate. I am the knife in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold. I am the light that brings the dawn. I am the shield that guards the innocent. I pledge my life and honor to the Republic, for this night and all the nights to come.

Exertim
01.10.2012 , 09:25 AM | #15
Having a "static" loot progression in an MMO might seem good to us players, but look at it from a developer's perspective: they need the general population to stay on the gear grind hamster wheel until they can push out the next major content patch. When your core playerbase gets everything they want gear-wise from an MMO, they tend to either quit entirely or just temporarily until the next content patch hits, ultimately causing Bioware a loss in revenue.

So while I hate running that one HM FP for a week+ and not getting my drop, I can understand why the current loot system (random) is in place.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

Graburr
01.10.2012 , 09:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
So while I hate running that one HM FP for a week+ and not getting my drop, I can understand why the current loot system (random) is in place.
but you also have to consider the demographic, tor is a veeeery casual game - I doubt they will to the abysmal geargrind for long.

I know a lot who are just fed up with the instance grind. it didn't help rift, and it won't help tor - voiced dialogs mean squat if the endgame is the same or worse than wow.
OTOH, I didn't expect anything else, so I'm not really surprised.

Janyx-Nehalem
01.10.2012 , 09:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
Having a "static" loot progression in an MMO might seem good to us players, but look at it from a developer's perspective: they need the general population to stay on the gear grind hamster wheel until they can push out the next major content patch. When your core playerbase gets everything they want gear-wise from an MMO, they tend to either quit entirely or just temporarily until the next content patch hits, ultimately causing Bioware a loss in revenue.

Yeah I can see how they don't want us to lose interest too quickly. However, that ominous feeling like you're wasting your time running content because you're not going to get any gear is what causes people to quit entierly and cancel subs. It's a balancing act, but I feel its too much tuned on the 'time wasting' side. At least in HMs. I hear Operations are loot pinyatas!
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. I shall not love. I shall not hate. I am the knife in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold. I am the light that brings the dawn. I am the shield that guards the innocent. I pledge my life and honor to the Republic, for this night and all the nights to come.

qqmoarploxify
01.10.2012 , 09:39 AM | #18
Get champion pvp gear and do norm EV and HM EV. Or do norm EV in your quest gear which works to. Whatever floats your boat.

Statements
01.10.2012 , 09:40 AM | #19
So the general consensus is that for every HM/Op done at LEAST one full piece of gear should be obtainable?

Tarengrim
01.10.2012 , 09:41 AM | #20
Actually normal operations with 8 people are easier, faster (at least it felt for me) and give about the same stuff, just that you have to split it up to 8 people.