Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Commendations/Loot READ

Janyx-Nehalem
01.10.2012 , 01:12 AM | #1
BW,

I have officially completed my 10th HM run. I do not have a single piece of gear from those runs. Not drops, not commendation pieces, NOTHING.

I understand that I've just had bad luck with the drops. That's just how things go. However, after those 10 runs, I only have 22 commendations. Not even enough to buy a single piece of gear from the vendor.

You know what that is? ITS WASTING MY TIME.

BW you DRASTICALLY need to change the amount of commendations awarded from Hard Mode Flashpoints. The fact that I can't afford a single piece of gear after 10 runs is absolutely fracking stupid.

Yes I'm mad, but seriously I don't think I'm wrong here. PATCH THIS ASAP.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. I shall not love. I shall not hate. I am the knife in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold. I am the light that brings the dawn. I am the shield that guards the innocent. I pledge my life and honor to the Republic, for this night and all the nights to come.

Salmissra
01.10.2012 , 01:20 AM | #2
Not only that, but the ratio of crystals to commendations is also out of whack. That'd be forgivable if there was something useful to buy with only crystals (like stims, or something), but as it is, after buying my first item I'm sitting at 6 commendations and 121 crystals. Er...ok.

I'm not sure why they didn't just set it to just one type of Tion commendation and make each boss/miniboss drop one. The crystals thing is pretty redundant, confusing, and pointless.

Janyx-Nehalem
01.10.2012 , 01:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Salmissra View Post
Not only that, but the ratio of crystals to commendations is also out of whack. That'd be forgivable if there was something useful to buy with only crystals (like stims, or something), but as it is, after buying my first item I'm sitting at 6 commendations and 121 crystals. Er...ok.

I'm not sure why they didn't just set it to just one type of Tion commendation and make each boss/miniboss drop one. The crystals thing is pretty redundant, confusing, and pointless.
I agree, the ratio of the crystals is bizarre. I have WAY more of those than I need, and nothing to do with the excess. This system is really poorly implemented. It's making gearing up for operations WAY more painful than it needs to be.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. I shall not love. I shall not hate. I am the knife in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold. I am the light that brings the dawn. I am the shield that guards the innocent. I pledge my life and honor to the Republic, for this night and all the nights to come.

Salmissra
01.10.2012 , 01:27 AM | #4
Just wanted to add that I'm currently tanking hardmodes using *11* pieces of tier 2 pvp gear. Only seen a single columi item drop for my class, one weapon, and only earned enough commendation/crystal combos to buy a piece of leg armor. Seems utterly out of whack given that I've been doing 1-3 hardmodes every day for the last couple weeks.

ChrisJSY
01.10.2012 , 01:33 AM | #5
Yeap, played 10-50+ in a group of friends and did all the flashpoints multiple times and now the hard modes, Trooper gets all his stuff so quick, many times the only thing that dropped was trooper, then a lot of Consular stuff and none of us is one.

Third most popular is knight gear, except I only have 1 of them (Columi Boots) and the scoundrel has never seen a piece drop, this is 22 runs.

As above, I'm tanking in mostly PVP gear (which is almost as low), I was able to craft T3 Rakata bracers/Belt, Proc crits on boots and gloves of the Beskar'Gam Artifact quality for the slots and yep, was a good 2 days head start, since then, nothing. That was over 2 weeks ago.

I hate RNG in acquiring items, nobody should have to spend a day or more getting something than another person doing exactly the same thing.

For some, it's weeks whilst others consistantly get gear every few days, of course those who get all this stuff won't complain and tell us to stop, but they wouldn't sing the same tune if I got all my gear in the first week and they were still trying in 2.

GrandMike
01.10.2012 , 04:16 AM | #6
HMs are not worth the time, they are just fun pitstop when not raiding. I just PvP now, as it will actually yield some useful gear until raiding.

Sad.

Avnas
01.10.2012 , 04:17 AM | #7
lol atleast you guys can get groups ive been trying for the last 4 days only had 1 group that broke half way thro HM essals.......... its stupid and annoying.........
Australian with a preorder look out! we are coming to get u!

Sylvan
01.10.2012 , 04:49 AM | #8
I was under the impression that for operations and hard mode flashpoints, everyone no matter their profession would get a "loot bag" that would contain good gear or tokens to get good gear.

The impression I, and I suspect many of you got from this statement was that you'd never do a HM flashpoint or operation and come away with nothing gear wise, and if you did then you'd have the tokens from 1-5 bosses to buy something.

That isn't the case.
Jen'doon............Harkal Moravian

Trucane
01.10.2012 , 06:14 AM | #9
Yea the amount of commendations is really stupid. Normally you would have enough gear that you would never get to use the tionese commendations/crystals only because they take so long to acquire and require such extreme amounts.

Also the randomness in drops is really frustrating, getting all strength gear the one time we do not have a warrior in our team is painful. Personally the whole hardmode/operation part of the game is extremely broken and it's offending that bioware even dares to ask for money when the end game content is both shallow and awfully broken

Grannor
01.10.2012 , 06:40 AM | #10
Well, my "Hard"-Flashpoint group is doing 4-5 instances almost every night (Black Talon, False Emperor, Battle for Illum, Boarding Party, 7).
Our usual setup is: Sorc (heal), Powertech (tank), Merc + Marauder.

Guess what, most items + tokens we get are for agents. Medium armor with cunning.. awesome! And seriously I'm talking about 75% of the items. My Mako has more epic (PVE) items then my character. Lucky for us that we can cover most slots with PVP items to beat the enrage timers etc.

And yeah, please merge the crystals with the commendations.. who the hell came up with the crystals idea anyways?