I don't like Directive 7

This flashpoint is annoyingly painful. It is all pretty easy to do up until the blasted Bulwark boss. Jeez this guy hits like a truck and has massive amounts of HP. Its like fighting SD-0 all over again!

So we understand that you got to interrupt his Smash and stand to his sides when he Bursts but what is with everyone just suddenly taking damage out the arse? We can't figure this out and it is really annoying as we have spent at least 60k each in repairs on this guy.

This is yet another example of requiring a combat log due to not knowing what is killing us.

When he does his massive aoe, have everyone hide under the console. It will deflect all damage and make this encounter really easy.

What console is that? Care to make a crude drawing to illustrate it? I never really noticed D:

On the left and the right side of where the Boss stands are 2 trapezoids they look at bit like solar panels stand beneath those and they will deflect the DMG. He has 2 abilities that he actually casts (you see the castbar).

One is Bulwark burst which cannot be interrupt and deals massive DMG unless you stand beneath those shield panels. The other ability is called bullwark smash and can be interrupted otherwise deals a whole lot of dmg. He usually does stun the tank right before he starts to cast this one so its better to have someone else interrupt it since the tank might not be able to depending on where he stands when he gets the stun.

He also does pop a defensive shield that encases him in a green bubble and reflects dmg aslong as it is up. You can simply destory this shield by shooting the 2 shieldgenerator control consoles that will spawn right under the shield panels when he puts up this shield. Once they are destroyed he will not use his energy shield again unless you let those repair robots he spawns from time to time go about their business. Take those out asap after they spawn and its np.

What console is that? Care to make a crude drawing to illustrate it? I never really noticed D:

http://dulfyforce.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/console.jpg

Stand right where the arrow is pointed. Healers/ranged dps can stay here the whole time. Melee DPS can run to here when the aoe is casting to dodge it.

If Bulwark enrages, tank go stand under the other console and use taunts while the DPS finish him off (melee DPS remember to hide under panel or you get one shotted when he is enraged).

Only problem as melee I had you cant fully stand under those panels and still dps and then you get 1 shotted by some ability I dont know.

But I did find the instance boringly long with way too much trash.

Edited by nulian

Only problem as melee I had you cant fully stand under those panels and still dps and then you get 1 shotted by some ability I dont know.

But I did find the instance boringly long with way too much trash.

We're clearing it every day and I must say it's one of the shortest if not the shortest (with Taral V) - takes about 30 minutes to complete. You can skip like 70% of trash pulls, also you can use mounts throughout all instance + bosses are really easy if you do it correctly (i'm saying from a healer perspective, but we have a good tank and dps which makes it even easier). We did wipe on Bulwark a couple of times on normal mode the first time and then read the tactics somewhere on the interwebs and never ever had a problem since then, he's actually the easiest of the bosses in the instance (again, from a healer perspective).

Well we did it after something like 20 wipes. His charged something can be disabled by using 2 consoles on both sides, when available. From time to time he will call repair bots to repair those consoles, but they are regular mobs easy to kill. Worst part of that fight is the moment you engage him, he can easly do around 10k dmg by firing some uber lasers shots from his "back".

Funny thing that robot.

Edited by Zorpen

Went through this the first time on normal, and then hard mode last night. It wasn't too bad.

We weren't able to get through the final phase on the last boss though. Does anyone have some tips on that? As a healer the green beam was doing about like 10k damage and with all the missiles and the stupid claw thing I was never able to keep people up long enough to get through it.

Went through this the first time on normal, and then hard mode last night. It wasn't too bad.

We weren't able to get through the final phase on the last boss though. Does anyone have some tips on that? As a healer the green beam was doing about like 10k damage and with all the missiles and the stupid claw thing I was never able to keep people up long enough to get through it.

Tanks can taunt the claw to make it easier on the healer. Having to move around constantly and healing people was a challenge considering the only thing you can cast on the move is static barrier on people and resurgence (sith sorcs)

Edited by Iwipe

Went into D7 hardmode for the first time last night. No one in my group had even done the place on normal. We wiped once on Bulwark, everyone else we one shot. The Mentor fight was pretty cool and fun.

Out of all the hardmodes it's probably my favorite.