Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Esseles the only well put-together Flashpoint?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why is Esseles the only well put-together Flashpoint?

Zakaan
01.09.2012 , 11:54 PM | #1
We get suckered in with a well-paced, adequately written dungeon dive with lots of unique characters and tons of dialogue that displayed all of that wonderful voice acting and characterization, only to have it followed by a dozen bland corridor-filled loot pinatas.

I first noticed the huge gap when I wanted to farm social points with a friend in a higher level FP, only to find out that there were only about 3 dialogue sessions and 2 of them were with a console opening some door. Each FP was graced by a generic FP "kill or don't kill this group of scientists, doctors, or technicians" choice for light/dark points.

Even the enemies in these FPs are boring, and require less effort and coordination than your average H2-4. The bosses typically have no personality, and I have no idea who 95% of them are.

dargor-
01.10.2012 , 12:00 AM | #2
Keep leveling

The flashpoint that "aren't fleshed out" weren't supposed to exist. They were added in because people complained there were gaps between the real flashpoints.
Quote: Originally Posted by Creslan
And PVP hardcores are second class citizens. You're like the guest that won't leave and can't take a hint your not wanted so you just hang around making it miserable for everyone else at the party.
Indeed.

Zakaan
01.10.2012 , 12:08 AM | #3
Everything after Esseles until you hit 50 may as well not exist. I'd say that was a problem. Even the Jedi prisoner was boring, as 99% of the two-part flashpoint was mindless trash spam, and the rest was a 30 second conversation with and about the guy you were rescuing.

No matter how you look at it, it's pretty disappointing.

Lady_Alyria
01.10.2012 , 12:13 AM | #4
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought Esseless was what flashpoints were gonna be like, with lots of plot and a chance to earns tons of social points as I progressed through them. I get like 6 social points from the later flashpoints which makes me wonder how I get to other social tiers. Plus they are AWFUL!!!! They are like drawn out versions of regular heroic quests but with less plot.

Zakaan
01.10.2012 , 12:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lady_Alyria View Post
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought Esseless was what flashpoints were gonna be like, with lots of plot and a chance to earns tons of social points as I progressed through them. I get like 6 social points from the later flashpoints which makes me wonder how I get to other social tiers. Plus they are AWFUL!!!! They are like drawn out versions of regular heroic quests but with less plot.
The best way to gain social tiers seems to be to spam Esseles runs. I've quested through two entire planets with a partner, ran several flashpoints, and I'm still only rank one. It seems as though the only way to gain the points is through dialogue rolling, which is an extremely minute part of cooperative play.

IGsChevy
01.10.2012 , 12:26 AM | #6
I agree, most of the FPs are pretty bland, and the LS/DS decisions seem thrown in simply to have the option. However, I do think Jedi Prisoner was pretty awesome. It reminded me more of Esseles story-wise.

Valan
01.10.2012 , 12:34 AM | #7
False Emperor is kind of completely amazing
Tactician, Operative of Rapture
a 16 player Operations guild on The Shadowlands

Zakaan
01.10.2012 , 12:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Valan View Post
False Emperor is kind of completely amazing
Good to know as I haven't run that yet. I'll grab a group tomorrow in hopes that it will make up for 40 levels of staleness.

ninoss
01.10.2012 , 01:04 AM | #9
lvl 50 (and near 50) flashpoints are just awesome.

I'm doing most of them on daily basis and not getting bored. Spacebaring dialogues, yeah, but both fights and voice acting during fights is just cool.

FE could be bit shorter though, too much trash for my taste. Last fight tho - great fun.

nulian
01.10.2012 , 05:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ninoss View Post
lvl 50 (and near 50) flashpoints are just awesome.

I'm doing most of them on daily basis and not getting bored. Spacebaring dialogues, yeah, but both fights and voice acting during fights is just cool.

FE could be bit shorter though, too much trash for my taste. Last fight tho - great fun.
How can you say lvl 50 flashpoints are awesome
I did directive 7 and battle of ilum and it was just trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash and even more trash and a few bland bosses.