Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight class finale balance adjustment (No Spoilers Please)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight class finale balance adjustment (No Spoilers Please)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jonlo
01.11.2012 , 07:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyromoo View Post
As per post by the developers, this fight was NOT DESIGNED AROUND LINE OF SIGHT MECHANICS.

So stop telling us to use them.
Why are you against using an effective strategy?

Bovinity
01.11.2012 , 08:43 AM | #22
Quote:
The problem is not him, its getting to him in the first place
True, the trash is harder than the actual boss (even if you save your companion) but still doable. Even with my T7 having some empty gear slots and level 35 crap in other slots, we made it through by planning out each pull and good ability usage. =)

Hyperionthethird
01.11.2012 , 10:33 AM | #23
I need to hit 50 before they nerf this.

Flaszap
01.11.2012 , 10:36 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
True, the trash is harder than the actual boss (even if you save your companion) but still doable. Even with my T7 having some empty gear slots and level 35 crap in other slots, we made it through by planning out each pull and good ability usage. =)
Yea, I am the same way. Just got to this quest yesterday, and my T7 unit was in lvl 30 - 35 gear. The main issue that I was running into was coming up on a group of 3-4 and at least 1 if not 2 of them were Strong, and having to down them all and heal up before the pat came back my way (which was always an elite). I would have been fine if it was just them, but once the elite jumped in, gameover.

Bovinity
01.11.2012 , 10:40 AM | #25
Oh, no doubt I ate a couple deaths when I didn't plan for a patrol mob coming by. (There's also that part right near the beginning where you enter, turn the corner, and there's a group of mobs in a blind alcove where I kicked the bucket.)

It was a challenge to be sure, but I didn't take an unreasonable amount of deaths, especially considering the state of my companion.

Chapet
01.11.2012 , 11:17 AM | #26
I seem to be at odds here :P I didn't have any problems with the trash really. The un-upgraded T7 bit the dust quite a bit on the push to the end, but I didn't suffer a single death to the trash mobs (though there were several where I felt like paper and a few close calls when engaging multiple "strong" mobs (is it just me or do "strong" mobs hit harder than "elites"?). The end fight though I am beating my head against the wall...probably 10% ui bugs and confusion and 90% user error for me though. I did find out he doesn't leash :P so if you start losing, running away isn't really an option. He followed me all the way back to the space ship and then back into the temple lol Ah well, I'll get it eventually...

khsolo
01.11.2012 , 11:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Chapet View Post
running away isn't really an option. He followed me all the way back to the space ship
lol, so true !

StormEarth
01.11.2012 , 11:31 AM | #28
Tanks, the JK DPS needs to be fixed.

He is so underpower and undertank compared to other classes.

Retired my in lvl 44.
|Ѭ|▒▒ǁȫ|████████████████████████████████████████)

Ruhx
01.11.2012 , 11:44 AM | #29
I did fine getting to him, it's the main fight that needs work.

Spoiler

Varisma
01.11.2012 , 12:05 PM | #30
You guys are all better then me. I have a guardian and I can't even get past the very begging missions where Kira get's kidnapped. T-7 is a terrible tank and even though I am lvl 18 in a lvl 16 mission and I am being destroyed fast. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing lol.
Varisma Warfull, Jedi Knight.
(█▒|▒|▒|▒|█//☼\\████████████████████████████)