Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bad FPS and Connection to Swtor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bad FPS and Connection to Swtor

Teashi's Avatar


Teashi
01.09.2012 , 07:27 PM | #1
Okay. I've been trying to get help from in-game tickets, but its not working.

Basically, my connection to Swtor is always really bad.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...uka/th_map.png

^Notice the little bar by the map. Its almost always at one or two bars; only occasionally at three or four, letting me play lag-free.

My FPS is also usually down at 20-ish; and from what I understand, thats bad.

I THOUGHT that getting cable internet would solve my problems, since I'm a tad far from the source of interwebs... but then I remembered I had a perfect connection during beta.

Can anyone help me out here?

Edit- And yes, I usually do have most everything in the background closed. That is, unless messengers count too.
Proud Member of the GalacticeNerfHerdersUnion

Teashi's Avatar


Teashi
01.09.2012 , 10:00 PM | #2
Bump. I would seriously like some help and advice on this. I'll probably stop playing the game if this lag keeps up; I am not about to go try my solution until I'm sure it will work (because it would require me spending even MORE money... and me being angry if it didn't actually work).
Proud Member of the GalacticeNerfHerdersUnion

DekarSisk's Avatar


DekarSisk
01.09.2012 , 10:04 PM | #3
I would also like to see someone help with this as I have the same exact problem. My internet connection is decent but my fps is terrible. Drops to like 10-20 and get real bad in warfronts. Thought I would bump this as no one has helped me in game or on here either.

Lockfordead's Avatar


Lockfordead
01.09.2012 , 10:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Teashi View Post
Okay. I've been trying to get help from in-game tickets, but its not working.

Basically, my connection to Swtor is always really bad.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...uka/th_map.png

^Notice the little bar by the map. Its almost always at one or two bars; only occasionally at three or four, letting me play lag-free.

My FPS is also usually down at 20-ish; and from what I understand, thats bad.

I THOUGHT that getting cable internet would solve my problems, since I'm a tad far from the source of interwebs... but then I remembered I had a perfect connection during beta.

Can anyone help me out here?

Edit- And yes, I usually do have most everything in the background closed. That is, unless messengers count too.
Try going to the options and setting the graphics presets to HIGH then ONLY turning off shadows and unchecking bloom. It worked for me and my computer isn't exactly top of the line.

Teashi's Avatar


Teashi
01.09.2012 , 10:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lockfordead View Post
Try going to the options and setting the graphics presets to HIGH then ONLY turning off shadows and unchecking bloom. It worked for me and my computer isn't exactly top of the line.
I thought for a second that it worked (Had four full bars for a second) but it only made it worse :T

Edit- Its not laggy in a jumpy, choppy movements way... but its like, delayed actions. You know? Hit a skill, wait a second or two, action happens.
Proud Member of the GalacticeNerfHerdersUnion

Lockfordead's Avatar


Lockfordead
01.09.2012 , 10:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Teashi View Post
I thought for a second that it worked (Had four full bars for a second) but it only made it worse :T
Does anyone else use your internet connection? Or perhaps someone is downloading something? If it's a connection issue it's prolly your ISP unless everything else on your computer runs smoothly online.

Teashi's Avatar


Teashi
01.09.2012 , 10:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lockfordead View Post
Does anyone else use your internet connection? Or perhaps someone is downloading something? If it's a connection issue it's prolly your ISP unless everything else on your computer runs smoothly online.
Only my younger brother at the moment (my grandfather too, but he isnt using it atm). My brother could be downloading something, but I usually check on that kind of thing before I make these posts.

I thought it might be my ISP, but how can I be sure? :T I was told before that when I have wireless internet, I can't have anything metal blocking the space between me and the router... and I have the air conditioner in that space, in the walls. Thats what made me think I needed to switch to cable instead of wireless, if that makes any sense at all.
Proud Member of the GalacticeNerfHerdersUnion

Teashi's Avatar


Teashi
01.11.2012 , 06:16 PM | #8
Bumping this one more time.

This game's lack of decent customer support disturbs me.
Proud Member of the GalacticeNerfHerdersUnion

Balnazaar's Avatar


Balnazaar
03.23.2013 , 11:10 AM | #9
SWTOR = No support, no company care, no assurance, no connectivity, no effs given by its so-called owners that are now 100% crap.

Nel-Luc's Avatar


Nel-Luc
03.23.2013 , 12:20 PM | #10
A bad connection issue is not always caused by swtor (unless you're in a warzone and the server lag causes you to get killed by the fire pit you passed a solid 3 seconds ago, then it is.)

A few more questions for you: are you connecting to the internet using WiFi? What is your upload/download/ping when using speedtest? What wifi router do you use? Is windows firewall set to block SWTOR.exe?