Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World Boss Respawn Time

fathersarges
01.09.2012 , 07:20 PM | #1
The World Boss Respawn Time once they have been killed is one day. Just got that info from a support ticket as the information did not make itself apparent to me.

Trolls will trollolol

Later all

JHarkrider
01.09.2012 , 07:21 PM | #2
Doesn't seem likely... A few players in my guild took down The First a couple days ago, and I took him down early the next day, roughly 12 hours later.

(I suppose it's possible we arrived on separate instances of the planet... I wasn't paying attention)

Mechavomit
01.09.2012 , 07:22 PM | #3
BTW, would it be reportable if I killed a world boss and then shuttled to a different instance and killed the same boss again?

doctor_atomic
01.09.2012 , 07:23 PM | #4
What is a World Boss? Is that the target of one of the planet quests or something else?
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

KitloHearod
01.09.2012 , 07:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by doctor_atomic View Post
What is a World Boss? Is that the target of one of the planet quests or something else?
Raid-quality mob on a planet.
Port Nowhere to go everywhere.

Jimer_Lins
01.09.2012 , 07:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by doctor_atomic View Post
A Heroic World Boss is a very tough mob on each planet. Most planets have one, some have more than one (although I'm not certain if they're Sith/Republic specific, that's not yet clear to me).

They usually take a large operation group to take down, although you can take them if you're high enough level with just a tank and healer- most will take a decent-sized group though.

My guild does an event every Saturday called Slaughter Saturday where we get PUGs to go and kill as many as we can. It's fun! We got three last time- see the link in my sig for more about that.
Jimer Lins, Juyo Server

Be sure to tune in to my LIVE weekly two-hour SWTOR talk show, Live From the Nar Shaddaa Lounge, every Tuesday night at 7 PM Pacific!

ZingFreelancer
01.21.2012 , 04:17 AM | #7
I can confirm that I killed world boss on Dromund Kaas (The First) about 4 times in a time span of 21:00 and 03:00 and I killed him again once I woke up.

So what is world boss respawn time?

Vanderzz
05.19.2012 , 09:02 AM | #8
I believe its the same time with the dailies

Grandma
05.19.2012 , 09:27 AM | #9
I was under the impression that it could be different for some bosses and often between 2-4 hours. So unless they've changed it with a patch, we always used to be able to start on starter planets World Bosses and then make our way through them all and be able to revisit the earlier planets by the time we'd finished. Similarly when doing the rakghoul events, trapjaw was still on a 2-4hour timer.
Artula(Guardian)[50]-Grandma(Commando)[50]-Serte(Sage)-Vente(Shadow)-Tyug(Scoundrel)
INC Republic SWTOR Guild, Member of the RISA Alliance - A mature and social group of guilds (INC, Roses of Dawn, ShadowFax Alliance)
INC Gaming Clan Leader @ http://swtor.inc-gaming-clan.com

Heezdedjim
05.19.2012 , 11:27 AM | #10
They should make these spawnable the way that most quest bosses are now. For world bosses, throw in some sort of short quest to get a consumable item, or maybe a medium quest to get a reuseable item that you need to have in order to spawn the boss at his location.