Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

eldelphia
01.10.2012 , 05:39 AM | #21
Honestly I think that 32 is around the right level to take him on, but everyone here has covered it. Just keep interrupting/stunning his abilities and you'll be ok.

Sumire
01.10.2012 , 05:43 AM | #22
Think I did it solo, but just ask a mate to help you if your finding it too hard.
Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

OCoChoco
01.10.2012 , 06:23 AM | #23
Its designed to teach you how to use your abilities to overcome the challenge. They actually put effort into these class boss fights.

Saseav
01.10.2012 , 07:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OCoChoco View Post
Its designed to teach you how to use your abilities to overcome the challenge. They actually put effort into these class boss fights.
until a completionist tries to do it and is at around level 37 when he takes the act boss on
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Cody-licious
01.10.2012 , 08:19 AM | #25
Hi one-shot ability -- if not interrupted -- will hit for over-9000. No, seriously. Well, it hit both Qyzen and me for those amounts in the first run-through of the fight.

His skill induction is really rather long, so in your second run-through its much easier to spot -- and to interrupt. Even at level 40, I'd hazard a guess that if you don't interrupt him, you'll still be one-shotted.

What would life be like if we all didn't learn something new every day...?

Stevegasm
01.10.2012 , 12:34 PM | #26
I never did let him cast his spells, so I never saw what they do, but he was a cakewalk. The fighting up to him was harder. So I'm guessing, if he's hard, you're not using your interrupts correctly?

Dodger-San
01.10.2012 , 01:02 PM | #27
Just did it, had the same issues... here is the trick. And yea its cheap and it made me feel dirty.

revive at that same spot after he kills you the 1st time. Vivicar's cool down on that mega skill he uses is still running. So if you respawn ASAP and attack you will be able to get him down before he can use it again.

BTW.... I did it at 32nd Lvl with Qyness. After I did my before fight prep of force armor and a Willpower buff I sent him a force stun and let my companion jump him. I kept my distance and just layed on TK Throw with the no cool down skill. So i had a Machine gun on him the whole time even after he wacked my Companion. Before he got to melee range he was at 0 (or next to 0 as you get to talk to him after, just like the sick Masters you had to fight before).

Just do not leave the area and give him a chance to get his cool downs done.

Jabbajah
01.10.2012 , 01:09 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirias View Post
if you are playing sage use some of the lower level things like telekinetic throw with cedric out i play shadow but holliday would stun him for a few telekinetic throw drove him crazy and he was really easy to take down made me feel sad after those mobs (which cedric felt he needed to pull the whole room every time) but yah just interrupt him and hes dead fast
Breathe a little and use periods.

SpudicusOO
01.10.2012 , 02:46 PM | #29
Just soloed him at 29 (Sage Healer). Total pain in the rear because he resists the interrupts. What I ended up doing is sending in Qyzen and letting him melee Vivicar down. When he casts the Force Crush oneshot ability you can use Restoration to cleanse it off his target. Just heal smart and dont overuse your force. The fight took about 15 min but hes dead! Would of been a cake walk if I was a level or 2 higher.

Sotaudi
01.10.2012 , 06:10 PM | #30
As others have mentioned, interrupts are essential. You can also kite him. Drop dot abilties on him then get out of his range. I tried standing toe-to-toe with him the first time and got owned because I did not see the interruptable abilities. After learning my error, I kept that ability interrupted and kited him with dots, and the only reason I took any damage was that, towards the end of the fight, I decided to stop and finish him off in melee range. Even then, it was next to nothing because he couldn't use his "I win" button.
(██████████████)