Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

Kesari
01.09.2012 , 08:21 PM | #11
I have solod lord vivicar, all you have to do is interrupt his one-shot cast ability. Other than that its cake. If you miss a single interrupt, then you will die. You have a skill to interrupt casts, im not exactly sure what its called, but the cooldown on his cast is long enough for your interrupt to always be up when he casts it.

AlatarTheGrey
01.09.2012 , 08:32 PM | #12
Every Consular has three interupts to available (Mind Snap, Force Stun and Force Wave). Make sure you have at least one available at all times against Vivicar, and later against Stark. That might mean being close enough to use Force Wave. Be ready to use them quickly. Those are 2 fights where interupting is required to survive.

Grull
01.09.2012 , 08:51 PM | #13
His ability is called something like crushing dark, watch for it on the cast bar, you can either interrupt it, or use the environment to break his line of sight, this works and was the only way i could solo him, keep distance, use your stun only as last resort, keep your interrupt button smoking, and if you're running a healer like i was, keep your shield and instant hot rolling, also use your instant cast slow to keep him off you. Took maybe 2 full minutes to kill him without my companion as he kept getting one shot.
Collector's Edition Victim #383481934

Sibakero
01.09.2012 , 09:49 PM | #14
Sage Healer here. Probably won't have a hard time as I'm 35 now and haven't even started Alderaan :P I'll prolly be 40 by the time I get to Vivicar. I just love grabbing all the quests from a planet.

Lawsie
01.10.2012 , 12:41 AM | #15
i cant remember the fight at all but im guessing i beat it first time as i cannot remember getting one shotted by him. By other story class bosses yes.. but not him.

Pirias
01.10.2012 , 01:06 AM | #16
if you are playing sage use some of the lower level things like telekinetic throw with cedric out i play shadow but holliday would stun him for a few telekinetic throw drove him crazy and he was really easy to take down made me feel sad after those mobs (which cedric felt he needed to pull the whole room every time) but yah just interrupt him and hes dead fast

Saseav
01.10.2012 , 01:08 AM | #17
he was reallly easy.. then again I turned level 38 from beating him.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Gerudan
01.10.2012 , 01:50 AM | #18
Lord Vivicar is totally easy. Just interrupt his sudden death ability and he can't do anything.

You guys should really watch your enemy before you claim he is to strong to be beaten.

AxeGaijin
01.10.2012 , 04:25 AM | #19
Died the first time and was like: What the?! I was at 75% health...

Then I put 2 and 2 together and the second fight was easy, he hardly did any real damage and Qyzen and I took him down real quick (Kinetic Shadow lvl 31)
Interrupt or stun when you see him cast, it's not that hard as it's pretty long cast timer.
Altoholic:100%, Explorer: 80%, Socializer: 73%, Achiever: 33%, Killer: 13%
~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you´re enjoying it, you choke on it.

Cioffaz
01.10.2012 , 05:22 AM | #20
Nice to read your advices, lvl 27 sage here near to battle Lord Vivi...

So, we're going to split the money 50/50, right?

Refer me pls!