Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

ARPeabody
01.09.2012 , 06:20 PM | #1
Being unable to search these posts I make this stab in the dark.

In two previous Beta incarnations I have been utterly unable to even faze Lord Vivicar before he hits me with something out of the blue that instantly takes me out. How do I defeat that? what does ne use against me that takes out ALL my health in one fell blow? How do I defend against that?

Prendoza
01.09.2012 , 06:41 PM | #2
Me too dude im a lvl 30 healer and he takes my tank out in seconds even shielded and i'm well geared. Im gonna lvl a bit more then come back and for payback.

Glowrod
01.09.2012 , 06:45 PM | #3
Maybe this is another one that you need to bring a friend. I required help with Darth Angral, and am close to this boss now (level 25)...

VIP Lounge Member

Evensong
01.09.2012 , 06:46 PM | #4
You have to interrupt him when he casts, otherwise he is going to one shot you.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

Ozrahl
01.09.2012 , 06:47 PM | #5
if you are levelling as the tank spec shadow believe me it makes everything way easier. If you fight him around lvl 32 the fight itself is a piece of cake. I was actually disappointed that the fight was so easy. Always use Theran, heals make for better soloing of content. You shouldn't need to bring a friend at all. Easiest way to solo the story is to roll tank.

Drudenfusz
01.09.2012 , 06:48 PM | #6
I simply asked a higher level friend who helped me out there. I think that Lord Vivicar might truly a little too strong for a opponent in a class quest which one should be able to do alone.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Vordea
01.09.2012 , 06:49 PM | #7
You think Lord Vivicar is too strong? Just wait until you meet Starke. Man, screw Starke.
I'm not saying it was aliens... but it was aliens.

ManaMonkey
01.09.2012 , 06:49 PM | #8
as above you need to interrupt otherwise he will one shot your companion and you.
dw I found out the hard way too

Interrupt and job done

I'm a seer sage and did him at the normal level, no need to come back later or bring a friend.

Pinguaq
01.09.2012 , 06:51 PM | #9
You should be able to beat him by lvl 32, if not sooner.

If you haven't made it your good friend yet, this is a good opportunity to get use to your interrupt (Mind Snap) ability when ever he is "casting" Force Crush.
Facing forward

EcrirTwyLar
01.09.2012 , 07:05 PM | #10
He's a glass cannon. Interrupt that one nasty spell he has and you will find him easy.