Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

boarding party last boss(HARDMODE)

Jenrais
01.09.2012 , 04:46 PM | #1
Ok.after 3 hours of wipes and stupidity we all quit..

I was the healer.and I've got to say.Was bioware on something when they made this fight?

The nades are taking peoples like to like 30% a hit.and its constant.and i can't heal if i have to kite the melee all over the place..Really?

insanity.I need tips and tricks right now because from what i've saw healing is Ridiculously stupid here
"Some people think Im crazy for preordering CE VIP Edition." I tell them, "What else is new?"

Jenrais
01.09.2012 , 04:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenrais View Post
Ok.after 3 hours of wipes and stupidity we all quit..

I was the healer.and I've got to say.Was bioware on something when they made this fight?

The nades are taking peoples like to like 30% a hit.and its constant.and i can't heal if i have to kite the melee all over the place..Really?

insanity.I need tips and tricks right now because from what i've saw healing is Ridiculously stupid here
Anyone?
"Some people think Im crazy for preordering CE VIP Edition." I tell them, "What else is new?"

phlowbies
01.09.2012 , 04:58 PM | #3

Jenrais
01.10.2012 , 10:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by phlowbies View Post
How is it that in that video everyone is taking minimal damage?I mean when im healing everyones getting to low health in a manner of seconds because of the grenades...

badalchemist
01.10.2012 , 01:46 PM | #6
Uhh, then don't stand in range of the grenades?

You and DPS ---------------30m------------Tank----Jorland

dipstik
01.10.2012 , 01:55 PM | #7
the dps is not 30m away in that vid.

Jenrais
01.10.2012 , 02:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
Uhh, then don't stand in range of the grenades?

You and DPS ---------------30m------------Tank----Jorland
That smuggler is like 5 meters away.thats entirely wrong

jellOfish
01.10.2012 , 02:15 PM | #9
We wiped at it like 10 times and did not have bad gear at all.

Now here is what we did originally. Me (marauder) or sin would pick up chief, pull him away while the tank was holding the main dude and the healer. After chief was dead, we proceeded to DPS down the main dude. This did not work. The grenades seems to have quite some radius and his random targeting is not so random as she shot 4 grenades in succession straight in my face.

We found a workaround. Healer was standing at the entrance stairs and pulled the main guy. With the grenades hitting just 1 person it wasn't that much damage. The rest of us killed chief and then the healer. They do not really do much damage so it was easy. Then we simply zerged the boss while the healer was kiting him around a corner. That encounter cost me 200k in repairs and the loot chest was bugged.

eunichron
01.10.2012 , 02:53 PM | #10
In the beginning have your DPS kill Massey at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the encounter while the tank dps/interrupts the medic. The tank will be out of range of heals in this position, he will just have to make sure to run about half way between Jorland and the DPS/healer group to get healed. Go any closer and Massey will start chasing the tank, reducing DPS on him, but this positioning will keep the healer and DPS out of range of Jorland's grenades.

After Massey is dead burn down Jorland. Interrupt him as much as possible, spread out at max range, make sure melee are at their maximum range as well, because his grenades will splash if they are not. Have your tank positioned between Jorland and the medic so he can interrupt the medic's big heals as much as possibe.

Once Jorland is dead just kill the medic. Interrupt him as much as possible.

The enrage is somewhere around 3 minutes, giving you about 1 minute to kill each one. The medic is still capable of killing your party while enraged, but all of his damage is single target so you'll still have some time to kill it through cooldowns if it does enrage.

Now congrats! Enjoy not getting loot because you wiped on it once and the chest won't unlock!