Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conflicting Story

Kalyth
01.10.2012 , 07:18 AM | #11
Oh yeah, here it is:
Kun was the first to build a double-bladed lightsaber in Republic territory, and the first to wield it against a Jedi in millennia.

And again
The original double-bladed lightsabers were created by the Old Sith Empire, hence the name "Sith lightsaber", who also apparently designed the modern standard lightsaber.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Kalyth - Jedi Consular/Shadow [Luka Sene]

Cwyn
01.10.2012 , 11:16 AM | #12
Kao Cen Darach, Satele Shan's master, was duel wielding a double-bladed and a single-bladed lightsaber in the "Return" trailer before Malgus killed him over the skies of Korriban. You can't get a much more "aggressive" lightsaber style than that, huh?

Lugtor
01.10.2012 , 11:21 AM | #13
no wait till we have the first one dual wielding double bladed light sabres.

and then a species with more then two hands. afaik there even was such an abomination. dont remember its name though

Malastare
01.10.2012 , 12:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugtor View Post
...and then a species with more then two hands. afaik there even was such an abomination. dont remember its name though
That would be Pong Krell.

Uh... Yeah...

Note: I'm not condoning such silliness... just fulfilling a request.

Note #2: At least he's not wielding extra sabers in his two free hands.

Foxfirega
01.10.2012 , 12:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
That would be Pong Krell.

Uh... Yeah...

Note: I'm not condoning such silliness... just fulfilling a request.

Note #2: At least he's not wielding extra sabers in his two free hands.
Well, there were actually a number of species with multiple appendages if we want to get technical. Codru-ji and besalisks being the two I can think of off the top of my head, but there's at least 5-6 others.

Pong Krell being a besalisk.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Tenkari
01.10.2012 , 01:51 PM | #16
dont forget to add random people like General Greivous to the list of multi-appendaged beings. though him being mostly droid, i wouldnt call it a race? but if there was one, htere could be more people like that. and if i recall, he weilded upto 4 sabers? not bad for being a non-force user if i recall correctly.

Foxfirega
01.10.2012 , 01:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenkari View Post
dont forget to add random people like General Greivous to the list of multi-appendaged beings. though him being mostly droid, i wouldnt call it a race? but if there was one, htere could be more people like that. and if i recall, he weilded upto 4 sabers? not bad for being a non-force user if i recall correctly.
Grievous was an anomaly - the kaleesh only had the usual humanoid allotment of arms/limbs (you can pick one up as a companion as a Sith Inquisitor, infact).

EDIT: I should clarify the anomaly was in the fact he had extra, cybernetic limbs attached, as well as having his feet modified to function as hands as well (seriously, he was a head and a giblet bag for the most part).
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

DarthMoord
01.10.2012 , 03:16 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by masterleonidas View Post
I read that in the old republic, using a double bladed lightsaber and wielding two at the same time was frowned upon by the jedi council. SO why is a ton of people on the republic side running around with them?!?
It only became frowned upon after the Ruusan Reformation. Prior to this the Sith were an ever present danger and so they were expected to fight Sith and their soldiers. After Ruusan with the Sith believed dead the Jedi had no reason to hold onto their more aggressive weapons and gave up their armor to signify that they were finally giving up war.
See the sniper on the hill.
Rifle's loaded, he's ready to kill.
Kill the enemy, steal his soul.
So early. So early. So early in the morning.

Commander_Talos
01.10.2012 , 03:33 PM | #19
I don't know why Atton says you get more kills per swing with a double blade, but double blades are wielded similar to bow-staffs which is usually defensively. The notable exception is Darth Maul who wielded a dual saber offensively, but only to showcase his exemplary skills.

ChampionChains
01.10.2012 , 03:37 PM | #20
A'Sharaad Hett was a master who regularly used dual lightsabers. One was his own and the other belonged to his father who was killed by Aura Sing.

A'Sharaad Hett was the son of Jedi Master Sharaad Hett. Padawan of Ki Adi Mundi and the Dark Lady. He was also one of the few Jedi to escape Order 66 and after returning to the Tusken (his people), he was tracked down by Obi'Wan who defeated him in a duel, cut off his arm and got him exiled from his people (in an attempt to "persuade" him to give up his ideas of revenge for the Jedi Order). He then became a bounty huter and discoveres a Sith holocron on Korriban. Later he became Darth Krayt, one of the more influential Sith to ever reign and created the Rule of One. He was eventually killed by Cade Skywalker.