Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3 Hours wiping to Soa in EV. Every wipe due to a bug.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
3 Hours wiping to Soa in EV. Every wipe due to a bug.

MetalT
01.09.2012 , 04:33 PM | #1
So I thought I would shed some light on the numerous bugs that we encountered doing Soa last night since we wiped on him for 3 hours and literally every single wipe was due to a bug. There are also bugs that slow down the process of getting rezzed up and ready for another attempt. Here is a list of bugs that I was able to come up with from my experience.
  1. If the raid wipes while people are in a mind prison you have to wait for the prison to kick you out before you can have the boss kill you to reset the fight. Sometimes the boss would already be reset and the only option would be to jump in the lava. This severely hinders the pace of the raid having to wait for people to die like this.
  2. If the boss does not reset after everyone that is outside a prison dies there is a chance that once people who are in prisons get out the boss will put them back in thus prolonging the wiping process.
  3. Occasionally after wiping and after the boss has reset everyone will be stuck in combat even if they are outside the instance.
  4. Sometimes people would just randomly die after a wipe while not in combat, especially on the speeder ride from the start of the instance to the farthest completed point. This was not exclusive to Soa and was a problem throughout the entire raid.
  5. Soa would occasionally put the tank in a mind prison and as soon as the tank was broken out the fight would reset leaving everyone at the bottom of the chasm.
  6. One of the most common bugs was that the pillars that are used to break his shield in phase 3 hit him they would not always remove his shield. We were positive that he was getting hit by them because he would kneel down in his stun pose but the shield would still be on him.
  7. Occasionally after a phase 3 wipe some of the mind prisons from the previous attempt would still be present. If you accidentally killed it during the current attempt the person that was in that specific prison from the previous attempt would be teleported to one of the ledges and be unable to move, see other players, or the boss.
  8. Ball Lightning corpses would persist even after they exploded.
  9. In phase 2 if someone is in a prison or being flung through the air when the phase 3 transition occurs they are instantly killed with no corpse to battle rez. I have a feeling this is intended but the no corpse thing seems buggy.
  10. if anyone died during the transition phases there was no corpse to battle rez.
  11. Accepting a battle rez would occasionally port someone out of the instance.
  12. This is not a bug but in phase 3 he puts people in mind prisons so far away from the center of the room that it severely hinders melee heavy groups, especially if none of the melee Shadows/Assassins with Force speed.

So this is all of the bugs that I could think of from our attempts. the two that gave us the biggest issues where the tank getting mind prisoned and the fight resetting and the pillars hitting him but not taking off his shield.

I realized a lot of people have cleared this boss already and we would have also if it had not been for the bugs, but this honestly needs to be fixed before adding additional bosses to Kragga's Palace which is in the current test realm notes. It also needs to be fixed before adding additional flashpoints which are also in the test realm notes.

In Summary, The entire raid and especially this boss would be a lot of fun if it was not for the game breaking bugs.

Cepheid
01.09.2012 , 05:02 PM | #2
1. Use the exit area button rather than waiting for the mindtrap to despawn.
2. The boss didn't bug for us after we started killing the pylons in order though it may not fix the problem. (Don't let the second platform pylon die before the first)
3. Mindtrap not despawning=DON'T TOUCH THAT TRAP (Mark it)
4. The tank getting put in mindtrap is due to his loss of threat.
5. Wait to accept your Battle Rezzes for about 5-10 secs.

Yes, the fight is buggy like many other encounters in EV. Reset the fight after every encounter.

***You forgot about occasional floor pieces missing and invisible textures (lightning balls, green AOE, the entire floor, etc.)
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

Rettuclos
01.09.2012 , 05:03 PM | #3
We spent about 4 hours last night with the same bugs...

We were able to get him to 7% HP on multiple attempts and then his shield would not come off on the last break.

Very frustrating.

Hairyzac
01.09.2012 , 05:21 PM | #4
So why did you guys stay on the encounter for 3 hrs?

Rettuclos
01.09.2012 , 05:24 PM | #5
well, you waste a lot of time when all the floors do not respawn and you have to exit, reset, run back about a mile when it happens and then hoping another bug doesn't come up on your next try.

Hairyzac
01.09.2012 , 06:18 PM | #6
rough

Yagaton
01.09.2012 , 06:24 PM | #7
We got him after 3 tries, you just have to know what to do and be focused. Got him down in 3 dps phases.

Morebeerplz
01.09.2012 , 06:56 PM | #8
Sadly my guild has had a few similar nights of 3 hour wiping to this fight as well. The biggest bug that needs attention in my opinion is the one where the boss' shield doesn't come down after clearly hitting him with the pillar. With his enrage timer it is essential not to miss more than one of those and with the bug it is hit or miss. I wish they would focus on fixing existing content before putting out new stuff which will probably be buggy too. I know of two end game raiding guilds who are now considering leaving SWTOR due to the poor polish on end game raids.
FORCE Junkies - Part of JUNKIE Nation - A community for the Old Republic

MarauderFH
01.11.2012 , 03:36 AM | #9
We had all of the same bugs plus a couple of others.

One in particular is the lightning balls are invisible if you view them from the wrong angles. Their name-plates will also disappear if viewed at the wrong angle. I would say about 33% of the balls we encountered had no nameplates. About 33% of the rest were completely invisible and could only be detected with nameplates. Some had no nameplates, and no graphical rendering.

Ultimately though, the main issue that caused wipes was the boss despawning for no reason - even when the main tank had aggro (nothing to do with mind traps).
The other encounter-breaking bug was when Soa got hit by a pylon square on the head and he wasn't deshielded.

Several times we had him at 10% with a third pylon hitting his head with the entire 16 up and he despawned, or he didn't get deshielded.

Sometimes pylons would appear and crash into the ground 3 seconds later.

Those are the worst two bugs, but combined the bugs that are present are infuriating.

We lost a good half dozen kill shots where no one is dead, and uncontrolalble bugs happen, and really just ran out of time for the night. The fight isn't even that difficult, but the bugs make it frustrating beyond belief. (Note we didn't see all of these bugs in the 8 man, and the 8 man is infinitely easier because of that).
It's lotto.

Terrible

Noodz
01.11.2012 , 04:06 PM | #10
Haven't had any of those bugs, downed him successfully last week. The problem we're having this week is that when he's being moved to position under the pylon he'll stop to cast lightning balls and the pylon will miss him.
Getting him to 9% with two of the pylons is no problem, if we could hit him with a 3rd then we'd down him but he just keeps stopping.