Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Hutts

roybum
01.09.2012 , 03:56 PM | #1
Just wonding... any one else ever think about why the huts are sooo fat?

I put my thinker to it... and this is the solution i came up with....

The hutts once a strong warrior race. Made a killing in criminal enterprises.

After making tons their offspring got lazy with all the wealth so they settled at the top and just gave orders... while they relaxed....

After millions of years, the hutts became fat.

there is currently evidence that support obesity are a hereditary disorder. The hutts had a long time to develop their current form. maybe Americans will some day look the same :P (WALL-E)

Bigpapadapa
01.09.2012 , 03:58 PM | #2
I just wanna know why people listen to them. They are fat slugs just shoot them in the face and walk out like you own the place. What are they gonna do to you? Nothing just sit there and take it like a baby back B****. Seriously i say we should be able to kill the hutts and take over there enterprises ourselves. We are Jedi and SIth for god sakes what the hell is a bunch of fat slugs going to do to our force powers?

GoogleyMoogley
01.09.2012 , 04:00 PM | #3
Jaba is a bad ***

DarkestDaemon
01.09.2012 , 04:12 PM | #4
In fact, a Hutt's thick, fatty hide hid a powerful musculature, allowing them to move with surprising speed on the single muscular "foot" formed by the base of their tail and belly. Their thick, sweaty skin and the heavy layer of fat beneath it served an evolutionary role, maintaining their body temperature. A Hutt's hide was thick enough to take several blaster shots before vital organs were reached, permitting the Hutt ample time to pulverize would-be assassins who came unprepared to deal with such a fleshy obstacle. The slimy coating of sweat and mucus protected them from burns.

The Hutts were also completely immune to Force mind tricks, owing to a natural resistance possessed by the species.

Never underestimate a Hutt.

Bigpapadapa
01.09.2012 , 04:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
In fact, a Hutt's thick, fatty hide hid a powerful musculature, allowing them to move with surprising speed on the single muscular "foot" formed by the base of their tail and belly. Their thick, sweaty skin and the heavy layer of fat beneath it served an evolutionary role, maintaining their body temperature. A Hutt's hide was thick enough to take several blaster shots before vital organs were reached, permitting the Hutt ample time to pulverize would-be assassins who came unprepared to deal with such a fleshy obstacle. The slimy coating of sweat and mucus protected them from burns.

The Hutts were also completely immune to Force mind tricks, owing to a natural resistance possessed by the species.

Never underestimate a Hutt.
You realize this does not prevent me from using force choke, lighting, push or just slicing through there fat with a light saber. Your point is null, void and moot. Never underestimate someone who works around inconveniences.

AngelousWang
01.09.2012 , 04:18 PM | #6
Dispite Jabba's easy and somewhat pitiful death, Hutts have been massively improved since then.

Hutts are ridiculously strong in the EU, 80-90% of that fats it not fat, it's muscle. A Hutt's tail strike is strong enough to smash a war droid in two.

Spoiler

I mean regenerating your brain, that's billions of years beyond anything our evolution has managed.

Plus they live to around a 1000. That means there were only 1 1/2 Genrations of Hutt's between the time the ToR Empire ran away and came back. There would have only been 30-35 Generations of Hutt's since the Republic was formed until the movie period.
CE VIP

DarkestDaemon
01.09.2012 , 04:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bigpapadapa View Post
You realize this does not prevent me from using force choke, lighting, push or just slicing through there fat with a light saber. Your point is null, void and moot. Never underestimate someone who works around inconveniences.
Seems they have a resistance to the Force. They also have a resistance to burns, which nullifies lightning.

I didn't put this up, but they can stay submerged underwater for hours at a time, which means Force Choke is useless. So, you got the lightsaber part and the pushing part.

Bigpapadapa
01.09.2012 , 04:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
Seems they have a resistance to the Force. They also have a resistance to burns, which nullifies lightning.

I didn't put this up, but they can stay submerged underwater for hours at a time, which means Force Choke is useless. So, you got the lightsaber part and the pushing part.
Now you are changing what you said. In your original post you said they are resistant to Force Mind tricks not just the force in general.

As for force choke I believe that if you squeeze hard enough you could crush the trachea therefore rendering them unable to breathe altogether. This would also cause other physiological complications.

Being resistant goes only so deep. Lighting and Light sabers are a high concentration of heat so I think there resistance would not be very applicable, (maybe to lightning). Slicing there head off would be no problem.

I also put in this food for thought. If you go for the head rather than the abdomen you would have no problem eliminating them no matter what way you look at it. Another thing that would assist you would be your finesse and mobility versus a hutt.

DarkestDaemon
01.09.2012 , 04:36 PM | #9
Now you are changing what you said. In your original post you said they are resistant to Force Mind tricks not just the force in general.

As for force choke I believe that if you squeeze hard enough you could crush the trachea therefore rendering them unable to breathe altogether. This would also cause other physiological complications.

Being resistant goes only so deep. Lighting and Light sabers are a high concentration of heat so I think there resistance would not be very applicable, (maybe to lightning). Slicing there head off would be no problem.

I also put in this food for thought. If you go for the head rather than the abdomen you would have no problem eliminating them no matter what way you look at it. Another thing that would assist you would be your finesse and mobility versus a hutt.
Not changing -my- post. Got everything I had off from the wiki.

If you read what I posted and the poster two posts above this post, you'd see Hutts are dangerous. Even to Jedi and Sith.

Foxfirega
01.09.2012 , 04:38 PM | #10
I just wanna know why people listen to them. They are fat slugs just shoot them in the face and walk out like you own the place. What are they gonna do to you? Nothing just sit there and take it like a baby back B****. Seriously i say we should be able to kill the hutts and take over there enterprises ourselves. We are Jedi and SIth for god sakes what the hell is a bunch of fat slugs going to do to our force powers?
Taking out a Hutt is a simple matter. The trick is in getting there in order to do so.

They're some of the most powerful and notorious gangsters the setting has to offer, and they have all of the resources and contingency plans that such a position entails. Even if you do manage to off one, there's a good chance that people that actually liked them would start cashing in favors for retaliation. Or other Hutts (likely of the same clan).

It may be easier to just assault one of the Jedi or Dark Council members in their own homes. End result of success would likely be similar, though.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries