Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial player curious about the Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Imperial player curious about the Republic

Jaksith
01.11.2012 , 01:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranokin View Post
From my experience, the republic side stories start off bad. REALLY bad. Dromund Kas and Coruscant were pure torture for me. Also, for the love of god dont do a lightside trooper, unless you like EVEYTHING you say to be "Yes sir!" "No sir!" and "It's my duty to defend the republic."
So far that seems to be the same for any light side republic character - the jedi knight I started does the same thing over and over.

DrunkenGundark
01.11.2012 , 01:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranokin View Post
From my experience, the republic side stories start off bad. REALLY bad. Dromund Kas and Coruscant were pure torture for me. Also, for the love of god dont do a lightside trooper, unless you like EVEYTHING you say to be "Yes sir!" "No sir!" and "It's my duty to defend the republic."
Yeah, there's a lot of that, but for me, that just makes the moments when you get to still be a good guy and still get mouthy with people all the more rewarding.

"You want me to go out and deliberately get infected by a rakghoul? All right, but if this serum of yours doesn't work, I want a statue. And not an ugly, rakghoul-looking statue, either, a nice one."

Conversations like that are priceless.

Midasear
01.11.2012 , 02:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rugi View Post
Interesting. Is Republic at least populated enough to be enjoyable, or is it going to be a ghost town up to 50?
On my Level 16 Consular alt last night (Ajunta Pall), I noticed that Coruscant had ~200 people in it and I kept getting unsolicited group invites for instances. If anything, it was TOO crowded. YMMV depending on server.

As for story, I've played every class quest except Agent up through leaving the Newbie world. My favorites have been as (darkside) Smuggler & (lightside) Bounty Hunter, for the dark comedy. The consular story appears to be very somber and serious (save your master from being corrupted by the Dark Side). The Jedi Knight story appears to be a pretty basic Star Wars adventure out of a Dark Horse Comic book (Beat the Sith baddies threatening the Galaxy).

My main is a trooper, and as someone has mentioned in this thread, the trooper story feels the least "Star Wars" of the lot. It is more like a really elaborate sidequest from "Mass Effect", with Sith & Hutts instead of Reapers or Turians . Playing the female trooper, I swear they not only brought in the same voice actress (the awesome Jennifer Hale), but recycled a lot of the same recorded dialogue. But I like Mass Effect, so that's been fine by me. Besides, hearing Jennifer Hale laugh maniacally while hitting Sith in the face with the stock of a blaster rifle is epic.

ikomajedi
01.11.2012 , 03:59 PM | #14
I am really not enjoying the story for Consular. All I am doing is curing and shielding people from the "force plague" with no real end in sight. I am level 28 and headed to either Aleraan or Tat in search of...more plague people. I have heard of other stories and I am jealous. I realize that I am maybe only half-way through the entire thing, but I really want something good to occur...
Professor Howell, Department of Necromancy, Miskatonic University.

VanorDM
01.11.2012 , 04:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
Smuggler is very much more light-hearted and comica...
Not to mention that the Smugglers seem to have a hookup on pretty much every system they visit... This is true for both male and female characters.