Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

change character name/account name?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
change character name/account name?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

angryfatjew
01.09.2012 , 03:39 PM | #1
Can someone on here direct me on a way to change my characters name? I would hate to lose my progress, but I am not going to get banned again for logging in.

Also, is there a way to change your display name on these forums?

Lsheistaon
01.09.2012 , 03:57 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings angryfatjew,

Unfortunately, we do not offer the facility to change your forum name after account creation. It is the same for character names once the character is created.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Lsheistaon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

angryfatjew
01.09.2012 , 04:51 PM | #3
Mr. Droid Bot,

Could you explain your e-mail about my name then, I recieved an e-mail stateing that "when my suspension was over i would need to rename said character" So whom do I contact to rename the character?

angryfatjew
01.09.2012 , 04:55 PM | #4
Dear ****************,

We are contacting you regarding your account Angryfatjew for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

We wish to notify you that you are violating our Terms of Service.

From an investigation of your Account we can see that your character has carried out the following violation:

The next time you log into Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ you will be prompted to change your Character Names.

As you have violated our Terms of Service we will be applying a suspension on your account. We are suspending your account for 1 week (168 hours) with immediate effect.

If you continue to violate our Terms of Service it may result in a permanent account closure. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with our Terms of Service which can be found here

I have highleted the part in which you have either lied in this post or sent me a false e-mail... I have also taken out the character/server/and reason for 1 week suspension, as not to include any "details" of my account

Lsheistaon
01.09.2012 , 05:05 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings!

I apologize for the confusion. So in relation to your question who do you contact to rename your character, as mentioned in the e-mail you recieved:

Quote:
The next time you log into Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ you will be prompted to change your Character Names.
Once you log into your character again, you will have to change the name in a special window.

Thank you!

Lsheistaon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

angryfatjew
01.09.2012 , 06:16 PM | #6
Thank you very much, I was afraid to try and actually go past the character selection screen because i didn't want to get banned again, but once I selected the character and tried to enter the game the prompt appeared... Once again thank you

dingoperson
01.09.2012 , 06:18 PM | #7
I'm glad it worked out for you, angryfatjew

Dabeh-puffo
01.11.2012 , 04:29 PM | #8
You can allow us to change our name if we get banned but not by choice? ....Come on.
There is no Light or Dark side of the Force. The Force simply "Is" the "Force"

Dirtyb
01.11.2012 , 04:31 PM | #9
This thread was pretty funny.

Dragon-slayer
01.12.2012 , 10:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabeh-puffo View Post
You can allow us to change our name if we get banned but not by choice? ....Come on.
Ha. Asi es la vida.