Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Mercs SUCK.

Grescal
01.09.2012 , 05:26 PM | #11
I fail to see what your problem is if you roll arsenal your not going to be mobile make use of your surroundings stay close to pillars and walls and LoS people make them come to you ... electrodart em and run away ..... pretty simple concept
<DecemberCrew> Putting off today what we don't wanna do tomorrow either.

SoNofHuD
01.09.2012 , 05:28 PM | #12
I was full arsenal spec - starting to try a few other specs now just to mix it up. The DPS for this class is pretty dang good; however, powertech and sorceror are more powerful as far as DPS goes. The arsenal spec just isn't really a PvP spec for most players unless are you willing to accept the fact that you will die and you will get beat most of the time against a good player of other classes. Does not mean there is a problem with this class/spec, it just has to be used as part of a team to be effective.
== wHo-DAT Kardashian ==
<PACE>

Airees
01.09.2012 , 05:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xhyron View Post
Something to give us even the smallest bit of escapability is warranted.

We are a class that is 'supposed' to hunt down people. Given the fact we have a jetpack with ZERO utility amazes me.

At this point, a MERC couldn't even hunt down our own shadow without it sprinting away or disappearing.
You do have jet boost... although the CD is sorta long if you don't have gear and spec, when you do (which you should have) it's a core ability that gives you a ton of escapability. You could also argue that rocket punch is a jetpack ability and it also gives a decent amount of escapability if specced.

DukSaber
01.09.2012 , 05:33 PM | #14
It doesnt suck if we can stay outside of melee range. In some of the warzones you can stay uptop on melee and literally stand there and kill player after player. Generally someone sees you and rips you a new one but i think thats the whole challenge to the Class and im sure it was intended. You never want to be in melee range, and if you are then get out of it before you attack. I think it gets more fun if you see it like that,,,,playing at the right range and the challenge to stay there.

The_Duck
01.09.2012 , 05:52 PM | #15
I thought the way the original poster did until a few things happened:
  1. you need to spec to blow melee away from you (and into the acid or over a ledge, use direction to your advantage).
  2. i thought the stealth-scan ability was ******** until I saw everyone stealthing away from me just before they died. USE THAT ABILITY! It is great! The first time i used it I saw that bastard Marauder and beat the poop out of him! woot!
  3. i think for pvp, the rocket-punch knockback and slow spec IS A MUST. you can rocketpunch the melee IN TO THE ACID or over a ledge. DONE.
  4. use your stuns wisely. if you are 1v1, use your instant stun to your advantage either to get away from a bad situation or to turn the tide in a close battle
  5. pvp gear helps A LOT. i only have 2 pieces and that makes a big difference.
  6. know when to run. this is strategy and the best players use it. don't just fight to the death for the sake of it.
  7. get a guild and PvP with them. I PvP with our healer and I am pretty much unstoppable/unkillable. most healers don't bother JUST HEALING. our healer is awesome. all he does is heal during PvP and everyone stays alive. it is great.
  8. splashing a bit in to our heal tree can save your life (or your teams lives!). plenty of times I've run to help someone who is 1v2. with 3 points in healing I can keep anyone alive and save the day (not to mention save myself or main-heal a flashpoint)
  9. Unload can slow people. I used to have this specced and I kind of miss it. it is very useful for when those idiots try to run away. Unload .... slow them ... kill them.

in summary:
if they sneak, cast your stealth-scan.
if they run, slow them with unload
if they gang up on you, jet boost and run away
otherwise, enjoy your 30 kills and 2-4 deaths. you just won.
- The Duck

Magnuzone
01.09.2012 , 05:55 PM | #16
Even if you do have heavy armor. *Positioning*
Same as with weak rangers in other games. Don't go up front.

Wolfeborn
01.09.2012 , 06:42 PM | #17
Merc has some pretty high end dps and great range. The point of the class is to kill the target before it can get to you or run away. Skills require cast times(means you can't move) so range, target and LOS (line-of-sight) should play a large role in all situations. The Merc class and specs are fine as is. They just don't fit you're play-style. Though this class may be what you want to play it doesn't mean it is what you need to play (which you determine from your personal play-style).

Easy fix:

-Play with consumables find what stacks/works. Current state of consumables in game are insane so use it to your advantage, while you can.

-Spam tracer missile. Always.....ALWAYS.

-vs Ranged = LOS ( No object close by then run through them)

-vs Melee = Keep range ( they have to come to you so they can LOS you by running through you, gotta kill them before that happens)

-Get use to dieing so you can get over it. ( you are going to die so no point in worrying about survivability. Your only goal is topping the damage charts. 20+ deaths doesn't look so bad when sitting next to 500+ damage done and/or a high kill ratio.)

That is about the only advise I can give you.

At least your post was about buffing your own class instead of asking to nerf another. Either way QQ ruins games. Learn to deal.

Happy Gaming!

Noviru
01.09.2012 , 07:05 PM | #18
Good evening,

We recently had to edit or remove several posts in this thread, so we thought we should remind everyone that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:
  • Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Flag, don't fight. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules don't respond to them!
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.
Thank you for understanding.

Hadlis
01.09.2012 , 07:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Grescal View Post
I fail to see what your problem is if you roll arsenal your not going to be mobile make use of your surroundings stay close to pillars and walls and LoS people make them come to you ... electrodart em and run away ..... pretty simple concept
Shows how little you know about the class....you can't electro dart anybody and run away...it last for like 4 seconds....how far can I get away from a melee class that has leap in 4 sec?...not very far...lol

The only map we do well in is Huttball because we can blast them off the catwalks...."I never play on the floor...instant death if I do."

We need and interupt and the ability to escape from melee...use of the jetpack to blast back about 20meters would be great.

Then an electro dart would be usefull.

s
Mercenary Bounty Hunter coming to a PvP server near you

Guild= FoE "Fist of the Empire"
Join here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=271844

Werdan
01.09.2012 , 07:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Skapek-Skocap View Post
I kinda agree with this. DPS classes aren't mean to be tanks... we're supposed to turret people from far away.

But, I agree we need a longer CC or a Combat Sprint that breaks snares so we can at least move away for a second.
FYI, Cure removes tech and physical based dots and snares. It wouldn't surprise me to know that many Arsenal mercs don't even have it bound to a quickslot.
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE