Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Mercs SUCK.

Xhyron
01.09.2012 , 03:38 PM | #1
I am really, really, REALLY sad I wasted my time leveling this character to 50 only to find out the amount of balls it sucks is unreal.

First, I have a jetpack strapped to my back but are by FAR the most immobile of characters... What the hell is up with this? People sprint away from me in combat, jump halfway across the screen, or just flat out disappear only to come back 10 seconds later at full health and kill me... I have a rocket on my back, but get to stand around looking stupid? What the hell? The lack of mobility is beyond comprehension. Any plans to give us ANY type of utility from this thing that we should be able to use atleast once a minute?

Why are we the only class that has no distraction ability? Its nice that my only good attack gets taken away from me in PvP by every single person I fight, not to mention the chain stuns laid upon me while i slowly bleed away my health leaves me aghast. If I amazingly do get the upper hand, the fact that other class just calmly leaves the fight is astounding.

Now that I am done ranting, is there any plans to make a DPS merc a viable PvP class in the future? Sure, I am great shooting off rockets when no ones attention is turned on me, but god forbid if I get in a 1 on 1 situation. People have no issues escaping a merc; they are a joke. The fact this class is called a bountyhunter is somewhat of a joke in itself as they can't catch anything but NPCs. The class description we get when asked to choose our advanced class is a downright lie.

This class genuinely sucks. I have never been so disappointed with a class in an MMO and will probably re-spec it a healer and move on to a class that isn't a joke.

snuff
01.09.2012 , 03:44 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Xhyron View Post
I am really, really, REALLY sad I wasted my time leveling this character to 50 only to find out the amount of balls it sucks is unreal.

First, I have a jetpack strapped to my back but are by FAR the most immobile of characters... What the hell is up with this? People sprint away from me in combat, jump halfway across the screen, or just flat out disappear only to come back 10 seconds later at full health and kill me... I have a rocket on my back, but get to stand around looking stupid? What the hell? The lack of mobility is beyond comprehension. Any plans to give us ANY type of utility from this thing that we should be able to use atleast once a minute?

Why are we the only class that has no distraction ability? Its nice that my only good attack gets taken away from me in PvP by every single person I fight, not to mention the chain stuns laid upon me while i slowly bleed away my health leaves me aghast. If I amazingly do get the upper hand, the fact that other class just calmly leaves the fight is astounding.

Now that I am done ranting, is there any plans to make a DPS merc a viable PvP class in the future? Sure, I am great shooting off rockets when no ones attention is turned on me, but god forbid if I get in a 1 on 1 situation. People have no issues escaping a merc; they are a joke. The fact this class is called a bountyhunter is somewhat of a joke in itself as they can't catch anything but NPCs. The class description we get when asked to choose our advanced class is a downright lie.

This class genuinely sucks. I have never been so disappointed with a class in an MMO and will probably re-spec it a healer and move on to a class that isn't a joke.
Cry more?

You went arsenal.... Thats the down side of arsenal, your immobile and everything you have is castable. It does great GREAT dps but yeah a guy gets on you and you are in a dicy situation.

Go Pyro if you want to do dps and be mobile, I mean... YOu do have a choice you know.

Yazule
01.09.2012 , 03:59 PM | #3
really?

you rolled and spec'ed a pure dps class and are whining because you are pure dps?

I am AS and I am fine with it, get some friends, they need the dps and you need the heals.
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

SheepishOne
01.09.2012 , 04:00 PM | #4
Most people picked the class before the relative class comparisons were really well known. You need to play by your strengths. You are difficult to kill and efficient to heal. If you play with an active guard+spot healer you will be indomitable, and surpass the need for your own mobility/CC. Other than that, sorry. You're one of the worst 1v1 classes in the game. There's nothing wrong with your damage, it's just a complete lack of 1v1 utility.

I'm still not sure why anyone would take a DPS in PvE or PvP that can't interrupt. At least you're not a sniper/slinger, and have the chance to get bugged out of your required stances to use core attacks.
----------------------------------------
Selfish - 50 Mercenary - Jung Ma
----------------------------------------

Egosv
01.09.2012 , 04:06 PM | #5
Why tell someone their playing the wrong way, then not explain what their doing wrong? To the OP, why don't you tell us what you do in a particular 1v1 class you have trouble with? You can't honestly say the damage sucks if you've leveled as a Arsenal Mercenary, perhaps your not utilizing what we do have? I'll admit it's not a lot in 1v1 but in group scenarios where most of the pvp happens, it's enough.

Typheran
01.09.2012 , 04:07 PM | #6
I have a 50 BH with champ gear.... I'd have to say that the OP is semi-correct.

If left alone I and usually the top in damage and 1 or 2 in kills.

But add 1 melee guy into the mix and I fall to 5 or 6 in both categories.

Ars BH have zero survivability, even with champ gear.

They need a interrupt and a blink ability to help balanced them.

I don't mind being immobile to DSP, but like mages in WOW I should be able to blink away to escape.

Yazule
01.09.2012 , 04:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xhyron View Post
To the cry more flamers, etc, move out of your mothers basement then maybe I will reply to you. When I state what I dislike about a class and you act like a jerk off you will be treated as such.

Simple fact is, utility of our jetpack would go a hell of a long way to legitimizing this class.

As of right now, it is total garbage in a PvP situation unless you are part of a gank squad.

There is NO denying this.

solo pvp isnt part of reality

gank squad? try team.

if you want solo pvp play an FPS

this is NOT a solo pvp game.
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

Skapek-Skocap
01.09.2012 , 05:10 PM | #8
Take a deep breath.

Just because you died 11 times in a warzone doesn't mean the class sucks. Keep your chin up and either continue to play or respec.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler

Skapek-Skocap
01.09.2012 , 05:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Typheran View Post
I have a 50 BH with champ gear.... I'd have to say that the OP is semi-correct.

If left alone I and usually the top in damage and 1 or 2 in kills.

But add 1 melee guy into the mix and I fall to 5 or 6 in both categories.

Ars BH have zero survivability, even with champ gear.

They need a interrupt and a blink ability to help balanced them.

I don't mind being immobile to DSP, but like mages in WOW I should be able to blink away to escape.
I kinda agree with this. DPS classes aren't mean to be tanks... we're supposed to turret people from far away.

But, I agree we need a longer CC or a Combat Sprint that breaks snares so we can at least move away for a second.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler

Xhyron
01.09.2012 , 05:22 PM | #10
Something to give us even the smallest bit of escapability is warranted.

We are a class that is 'supposed' to hunt down people. Given the fact we have a jetpack with ZERO utility amazes me.

At this point, a MERC couldn't even hunt down our own shadow without it sprinting away or disappearing.