Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Mission lag, out of sync, blaster useless, problem, help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Space Mission lag, out of sync, blaster useless, problem, help
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chicho
01.11.2012 , 08:15 PM | #21
I have the same problem. It only happens on my computer(M17x R1), used a different computer with the same account and didn't notice the bug. Both games were downloaded using the website client.

Ice_mak
01.12.2012 , 11:43 AM | #22
Thanks for the update, so we can rule out the folder copy.

Just can't think of what else to bother messing with to try to fix it. New network cable? (but again, how could a game patch affect that?).

I can understand that Bioware could really care less about this issue given all of the other bigger issues they have, just frustrating.

DAIPICK
01.12.2012 , 11:58 AM | #23
Have you tried to change for ATI the Flip Queue size (for Nvidia its named pre-rendered frames). you need to lower this value to its minimum.

Ice_mak
01.12.2012 , 12:15 PM | #24
not yet, though we did try buying a brand new video card, but the problem was the same (just at a higher FPS).

xfreidax
01.13.2012 , 05:03 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DAIPICK View Post
Have you tried to change for ATI the Flip Queue size (for Nvidia its named pre-rendered frames). you need to lower this value to its minimum.
Ok I tried this and it worked. I set pre-rendered frames to 0.

Tested it on all missions that normally bug out for me. No more desync or slow downs and blasters work like normal.

Thanks for the tip! Finally I can do space missions again!

RefriedHero
01.13.2012 , 09:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by xfreidax View Post
Ok I tried this and it worked. I set pre-rendered frames to 0.

Tested it on all missions that normally bug out for me. No more desync or slow downs and blasters work like normal.

Thanks for the tip! Finally I can do space missions again!
Unfortunately for me, this did not work. Neither did plugging in a wired mouse, seems I'm stuck with no way to do any of the space missions.

evileeyore
01.13.2012 , 09:48 AM | #27
My and a buddy have tons of Space Combat issues...

For me I have tremndous lag and load late into missions, in other words on a 7 minute misison, the clock says 6:20 and the entire begining is already past. For instance on Hut Cartel, I often load in after the first Thranta is already past, which makes secondary objectives difficult or impossible to coplete. The lag finishes off any chance for success at that point if it's a "bad lag day", as they come and go for me.

My buddy often has the "no damage" bug. He'll load in fine, no lag, butnothing registers damage from him.

We are on totally different machines (I'm XP, just above minimum specs, he's Win7 well above recomended) except for one thing: We both have Nvidia graphics cards (his is 550 I think, mine is 430).

Edit; Neither of us are using wireles mice, both I think do have "needs driver mice", atleast my Logitech Trackman does (without the drivers I get a lot of "wandering" but I can do 'plun-n-pray' with it).

Bovafett
01.16.2012 , 02:15 AM | #28
I posted a video about this. Any word from BW on recognizing this issue?

RefriedHero
01.16.2012 , 08:44 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Bovafett View Post
I posted a video about this. Any word from BW on recognizing this issue?
Not that I've seen. It's been pretty bad for me outside of space missions too, seems like my client is constantly out of sync - which makes no sense as I have a mid/high end computer to run the game on - enemies on my screen are almost never where the game shows them as, especially in PvP. It makes being a melee character an exercise in frustration.

Ice_mak
01.16.2012 , 11:34 AM | #30
yeah, if this happened outside of space for us, it would be game over... i couldn't imagine that.