Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Mission lag, out of sync, blaster useless, problem, help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Space Mission lag, out of sync, blaster useless, problem, help
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pattonrage
01.11.2012 , 12:06 PM | #11
Spoiler

Hi guys,

I think I may have sorta-kinda figured this one out.

I run SWTOR on three different computers. 2 are desktops, 1 is a laptop.

On both desktops, I never had a problem. I do most of my playing from these two machines.

On the laptop, I was finally in a position to do space stuff, and I discovered this issue.

The lasers seem to work for the first 10 seconds of the engagement, and then completely stop.

There are two things that were different between the desktops and the laptop.

On the desktops, I fully installed the game. Installed the patcher, and let it download all of the content. On the laptop, I copied the install directory and got it working without having to re-download everything.

The second thing that is different is that I use a small wireless mouse on the laptop, and I use wired mice on the desktops. All 3 mice are different brand / make / model. My home desktop has a Razor something-or-other, my work desktop is running a Dell standard-issue-comes-with-everything, and the laptop had a Microsoft wireless travel mouse.

Naturally, I didn't think the mouse could be the issue.

So I ran a full repair on the laptop, and let it complete. Keep in mind that the game works perfectly fine otherwise. Well, after the repair, I went in, and it was still busted.

Just for fun, I hooked my wired (the Dell one) up to the laptop and gave it a go. Holy crap, it works!

To fully test it, I started another space mission on the laptop, with both the wired and wireless mouse hooked up. I started out using the wireless mouse, and sure enough 10-20 seconds into the mission, my lasers stopped doing damage. So I moved that mouse out of the way, switched over to the wired mouse, and within 5-10 seconds my lasers were doing damage again and I was able to complete the mission.

So if you're using a wireless mouse, try a wired one, and let us all know if that fixes it for you too!

I am going to post this in the other threads, to make sure everyone who has this sees it. I hope it works for you!

Ice_mak
01.11.2012 , 12:13 PM | #12
Hmmm... we use a wired mouse and have this problem, BUT a flag that shows up is that on the PC that has this issue since the bad patch (of the 2 we have), that was the PC that had the Game Copied over, not downloaded... but nonetheless I will try to swap mice and see if it makes a difference just in case.

Thanks for your info / update.

pattonrage
01.11.2012 , 12:15 PM | #13
It could also be the drivers that the mouse uses.

The Microsoft mouse that has the problems needed to install a bunch of software the make it work. The wired mice I use both just work when you plug them in, no special driver installations or downloads.

It's weird, but it's pretty consistent.

Ice_mak
01.11.2012 , 12:44 PM | #14
Damn.. tried new mice, same result here.
Maybe you just got lucky

I will now try the potential 'bad' mouse on my other fully working system and see how it goes (as it will not have the mouse drivers by default there).

xfreidax
01.11.2012 , 12:49 PM | #15
I would try this but I'm not using a wireless mouse. And my mouse is just a basic one, no driver installation needed. Just plug n play.

You need to test it more because the bug is not consistent. As in mid mission at specific points, the blasters will magically start working again. Then past that point, stop working again. This happens 100%. I can always tell when the blasters will work again for that brief 20 second window because it always occurs at certain points in the mission.

Ice_mak
01.11.2012 , 01:13 PM | #16
Yeah, Tried a new mouse on the bad system, same result.
Took the bad-pc mouse to the good system, and did the space mission fine there with the same default driver.

If only it was that simple

pattonrage
01.11.2012 , 02:09 PM | #17
I'll keep at it and see if I can lock down what fixed it. I ran another 10 missions or so after my last post, and the behavior has been consistent.

Ice_mak
01.11.2012 , 03:25 PM | #18
Thanks.

Anyone else have this problem that reads this, could you please indicate if your on a PC that was installed normally, or via a folder copy, that might help narrow or eliminate that

Thanks!

Ice_mak
01.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #19
the ingame ticket support does not seem to think this exists or something, as they decided to just delete or close the ticket without a response. :/

xfreidax
01.11.2012 , 04:06 PM | #20
I down loaded client from SWTOR account. Then installed from there.