Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Didnt do normal mode,no hard mode for u son


zupar's Avatar


zupar
01.09.2012 , 02:33 PM | #1
I think this is stupid,just today 1 guy from my group wasnt able to do hm fp cause he didnt do it on normal mode.
wasnt much of a problem doing it on normal mode,but still,dont think its neccesary...

Olarid's Avatar


Olarid
01.09.2012 , 02:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by zupar View Post
I think this is stupid,just today 1 guy from my group wasnt able to do hm fp cause he didnt do it on normal mode.
wasnt much of a problem doing it on normal mode,but still,dont think its neccesary...
The only flashpoint I've run across where normal was required was Battle of Ilum. I haven't done a single regular flashpoint other than that one only because we didn't have the option for hardmode until afterwards.

-PiP-'s Avatar


-PiP-
01.09.2012 , 02:45 PM | #3
I never did a normal FP.... hit 50 and did hard mode, cleared most of them... you don't have to do normal mode.

zupar's Avatar


zupar
01.09.2012 , 02:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by -PiP- View Post
I never did a normal FP.... hit 50 and did hard mode, cleared most of them... you don't have to do normal mode.
then its maybe just for boarding pary?
thats the fp we were doing and the guy really couldnt do it cause he didnt do normal one before.
after we completed the normal mode,only then was he able to do hard

Afkbowflexing's Avatar


Afkbowflexing
01.09.2012 , 02:53 PM | #5
In order to do foundry on hardmode you have to clear boarding party first that's the only one i know of that you wouldn't be able to do on hard mode. As for battle of Ilum you can do it on hard mode before you complete on normal.

Mavery's Avatar


Mavery
01.09.2012 , 02:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Olarid View Post
The only flashpoint I've run across where normal was required was Battle of Ilum. I haven't done a single regular flashpoint other than that one only because we didn't have the option for hardmode until afterwards.
Normal Battle of Ilum is not required to do it in HM.

I agree with the OP, it's pretty stupid. If you were in the first batch to 50, you might not have done Jedi Prisoner (Taral V, Maelstrom Prison) or the quest for Directive 7. It's very annoying to find a really good PUG group only to disband because some have not done the quests on normal.

Miathan's Avatar


Miathan
01.09.2012 , 04:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by zupar View Post
then its maybe just for boarding pary?
thats the fp we were doing and the guy really couldnt do it cause he didnt do normal one before.
after we completed the normal mode,only then was he able to do hard
I did boarding party HM today, and I never did the normal version... so either you're wrong or that guy was bugged

tslmtslm's Avatar


tslmtslm
01.09.2012 , 05:45 PM | #8
the problem is they still have the quest for normal mode in their log so they cant start hardmode until they complete it or drop it

Enjoievaline's Avatar


Enjoievaline
01.27.2012 , 01:10 PM | #9
I never did Normal mode Bp, All you gotta do is get the normal quest, abbandon it but keep Call to arms, and then talk to the guy in front of BP for HM

TheRealTorrne's Avatar


TheRealTorrne
01.27.2012 , 01:31 PM | #10
The only normal mode flashpoints I've done are BT and D7. You can enter ANY Hard Mode flashpoint without completing the normal simply by progressing the quest leading into the flashpoint until you have two quests: [GROUP] xxxxxx and whatever the other quest is (Call to Arms: xxxx or whatever else). Drop the one labeled [GROUP] and you'll be able to pick up the Hard Mode quest from an NPC just outside the flashpoint.