Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats better SWTOR or galaxies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Whats better SWTOR or galaxies?

Darth_Syphilis
01.09.2012 , 03:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Malefik View Post
Pre cu when you entered the game for the first time you were a babe in the woods with a melon and a cdef pistol.

One big thing SWG had going for it was the Time Line. Its was a real treat to see places and faces from the movies.

They are two different style games. Nobody can answere that question for you. Only you would be able to answere it for yourself. Its a shame that you will never be able to.
Oh God -- lol -- I forgot about the "starter melon" -- thanks for the reminder

RE: Timeline -- I don't agree with this. I am a huge fan of the original movies, but I prefer the SWtOR timeline as it allows for more possible variance. I also thought it was kind of cheesy to see the "cameos" of characters from the originals as they were just so familiar that it kind ofhad a reverse affect of immersion for me and just seemed like "marketing"... But I may be a minority in that opinion. I just like the expanded universe stuff a lot and don't really need to hang out with Chewie

rossonja
01.09.2012 , 03:40 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Malefik View Post
Pre cu when you entered the game for the first time you were a babe in the woods with a melon and a cdef pistol. The Galaxy was yours. You could make your charater your own with a mix and match of skills. Your actions had meaning. With every combat action you gained or lost faction pts with about 30+ factions. LvL up as a noob on Jabba's thieves, later in the game you couldn't do his missions unless you fixed your standing with him. Not to mention every time you went some where controlled by his faction you would get attacked if your standing was minus enough. If you played for the whole 8 years there would still be planets that you missed things on.

One big thing SWG had going for it was the Time Line. Its was a real treat to see places and faces from the movies.

They are two different style games. Nobody can answere that question for you. Only you would be able to answere it for yourself. Its a shame that you will never be able to.
Well said. Gotta love driving in the middle of the desert running into a rock and it blowing up your bike then you have to walk thousands of meters and get ganked by a random krayt dragon. Alot of people are dogging the pvp in SWG. It was amazing! Certainly better than wow and swtor. I, for one, enjoyed NGE pvp the most(partially because I was best in NGE :P). Restuss was always very fun. Despite the huge lag that was unavoidable in large scale pvp battles, they were highly enjoyable. I am still recovering from the death of SWG. 7 years of good times with good friends will always remain though.

jarjarloves
01.09.2012 , 03:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by rossonja View Post
Well said. Gotta love driving in the middle of the desert running into a rock and it blowing up your bike then you have to walk thousands of meters and get ganked by a random krayt dragon. Alot of people are dogging the pvp in SWG. It was amazing! Certainly better than wow and swtor. I, for one, enjoyed NGE pvp the most(partially because I was best in NGE :P). Restuss was always very fun. Despite the huge lag that was unavoidable in large scale pvp battles, they were highly enjoyable. I am still recovering from the death of SWG. 7 years of good times with good friends will always remain though.
then why in gods name are you not playing it right now?? This makes no sense to me SWG EMU it's just how you remember it.

It's like people are saying "Man I realy love Chocolate ice cream from Dairy Queen but Dairy Queen isn't around any more" meanwhile there is a Dariy Queen right down the street giving out free chocolate ice cream.

http://site.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

there it is free to play go enjoy

_Miranda_
01.09.2012 , 03:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
then why in gods name are you not playing it right now?? This makes no sense to me SWG EMU it's just how you remember it.
Because the EMU has more bugs and broken features than Vanguard did at launch?
~~>Ceridwen<~~
Republic Centurions
An LGBT friendly roleplaying Guild!

jarjarloves
01.09.2012 , 03:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by _Miranda_ View Post
Because the EMU has more bugs and broken features than Vanguard did at launch?
no it has the same bugs that SWG had at launch and guess what they NEED people to help fix it. So if you really loved it so much then why not help and be part of that community that you all love so much.

Ormathon
01.09.2012 , 04:08 PM | #26
They have been working on SWG EMU for 4++ years. It will take atleast 2+ years untill they are at the same level as SWG was. But thats mostly becouse they are making their own engine, readding all the stats for everything. And they are giving players the jump to lightspeed expansion (without the crap just the space fights and ships etc). I tried it a few years ago. They still have some classes that are not working at all last time i checked (5ish months ago). They are not getting payed ie, it takes the time it takes.

So SWGEMU is in alpha/beta phase atm. But you can play, just dont expect it to be 100% of the old swg since not everything is added.

CTFoxhound
01.09.2012 , 04:17 PM | #27
what do people mean when they say sandbox features? i keep seeing it being said

Foxfirega
01.09.2012 , 04:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CTFoxhound View Post
what do people mean when they say sandbox features? i keep seeing it being said
In a nutshell.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

rossonja
01.09.2012 , 04:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post

It's like people are saying "Man I realy love Chocolate ice cream from Dairy Queen but Dairy Queen isn't around any more" meanwhile there is a Dariy Queen right down the street giving out free chocolate ice cream.

http://site.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

there it is free to play go enjoy
It's not the same. I liked the game the way it was when it died. I want that back. The EMU has more bugs than the regular did, and they will never be able to get the code the way they want it(the way it actually was). I may give in and give it a try one day, but that day is not today. I am not saying I dont like TOR because I love playing it. I will do my best to adapt to TOR and be good in it as well. And thanks alot for making me want DQ now.

slyvarius
01.09.2012 , 04:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ibage View Post
SWG never had atmospheric flight and for it's time, the graphics were amazing.

I agree with the other sentiments.
I was told (not confirmed) that at the very end they enabled atmospheric flight. Especially to battle the star destroyers that the devs brought in before shutting off the servers.