Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reached 50, some thoughts @ SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Reached 50, some thoughts @ SWTOR

Ron_Moore
01.09.2012 , 10:04 AM | #11
I like the droid...
<Lightsaber goes here>

Sabutai
01.09.2012 , 10:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Razyr View Post
8. Deploy the armor colorization feature, where gear matches the chestpiece. We know you have it, stop delaying. Please.

9. Refine the Galactic Trade Network. Even Tabula Rasa (lol) had a search option to browse items by type. I shouldn't have to scroll through 17 pages of bracers and belts to look for something to wear on my head. I respect you guys at BioWare, however let's be honest, the GTN interface as it stands is an epic failure for the amount of money and time you've had on this game.

12. Why do I need to go to a cantina? Sure, there's rest XP for my low level toons, but what purpose do they really serve other than an inn? Can we get some quests, or maybe earn social XP, to push people into the cantinas to dance. Maybe a personal profession system, where we choose dancing or music or something similar that we can level in the cantinas. It would help get that second "m" in the "mmo". Just a thought.

14. Get the in game CSR's to start cleaning up names now. Legacy names like "Rapetastic" and "Childmolestor" really shouldn't stand more than a few hours after being reported.

16. Fix threat ratios between tanks, dps and healers. With Powertechs and Juggernauts we lose threat far too easily. Maybe better gear at 50 fixes this, but it's frustrating at the moment. Even my healer, under Guard, can peel mobs away with just a few heals. It feels broken right now.

I've got more, but that's enough for now. Thanks for a great game, I'm looking forward to seeing it improve and grow over the months and years ahead.
Some thoughts on these points. First I kinda understand the option for removing the match color option. While its slightly annoying, so would looking like every other person in the game. Through hard work and diligently searching the vendors in game I've found a really nice set of dark grey/red armor that actually matches but is not part of a set. It just takes a little more work.

This is not SWG, we don't need dancing monkies in the cantinas. Sorry this is a feature that stuck with so many people but I really don't want to see this.

the GTN is an awful mess, I think they know this but haven't had time to address it correctly. Its improved since BETA though

I agree on the names, its awful that these names are allowed to be used as long as they are.

Threat isn't an issue for me really, the problem I would like to see maybe is some passive threat generation, so that I'm not constantly moving around. As long as the group isn't a bunch of morons and can relatively stay on 1 or 2 targets I'm pretty good with that. There are tricks and strategies you need to employ to setup a good pull but a healer with guard isn't going to pull agro after a few seconds if you are doing your job.

Stradoo
01.09.2012 , 10:08 AM | #13
I wanna be part of this WINNING post!

Great feedback.
Don't be a Sad Koala. L2PvP!

Razyr
01.09.2012 , 10:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabutai View Post
Some thoughts on these points. First I kinda understand the option for removing the match color option. While its slightly annoying, so would looking like every other person in the game. Through hard work and diligently searching the vendors in game I've found a really nice set of dark grey/red armor that actually matches but is not part of a set. It just takes a little more work.

This is not SWG, we don't need dancing monkies in the cantinas. Sorry this is a feature that stuck with so many people but I really don't want to see this.

the GTN is an awful mess, I think they know this but haven't had time to address it correctly. Its improved since BETA though

I agree on the names, its awful that these names are allowed to be used as long as they are.

Threat isn't an issue for me really, the problem I would like to see maybe is some passive threat generation, so that I'm not constantly moving around. As long as the group isn't a bunch of morons and can relatively stay on 1 or 2 targets I'm pretty good with that. There are tricks and strategies you need to employ to setup a good pull but a healer with guard isn't going to pull agro after a few seconds if you are doing your job.
I wasn't a cantina monkey in SWG either, although I did buy my wifes toon a breast augmentation so she could get better tips from the patrons. Believe it or not, it worked.

Having said THAT, I'll get to the point... every time I walk into a cantina they are so well designed I feel it is a waste the community doesn't have a reason to use them. The cantinas in this game really have the feel of nightclubs and bars, places you'd want a fun loving community to hang out in. Alot of time and love was put into making these places and they're pretty much going to waste.
Disclaimer: My post is not intended in any way, shape or form to be offensive or rude. I claim no responsibility if you, or anyone reading, is unable to determine due to insanity, negative chi or lack of medication, that my post is meant to spread love, sunshine, unicorns and rainbows to anyone that may be fortunate enough to read it. Thanks!

BloatedGuppy
01.09.2012 , 10:18 AM | #15
I'm glad I'm not alone in finding the names to be a problem. I think one out of every three names I see is at best juvenile, at worst grossly offensive. That, and some of the ridiculously long titles cause names to reach comic proportions, stretching across the entire screen. It's immersion shattering, and looks ugly as hell, to see Professor Vanderclown Cornholio, Champion of the Great Hunt go bunny leaping past you as you're naffing about in the woods.
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor." - Neil Gaiman

Elboc
01.09.2012 , 10:22 AM | #16
Agree on the bounty hunter, actually pretty much goes down hill after winning the great hunt IMO.

Agree pretty much on all other points. Only thing I would add is fix low FPS in warzones as there is 100 threads on this as well, but should be noted.
Jt - Level 55 Mercenary - Rank 75 Valor
"Agent" Smth - Level 50 Sniper - Valor Rank 97
***The Untold Legacy*** The Bastion Server -"Founder"

Arkerus
01.09.2012 , 10:22 AM | #17
Thank you for posting something reasonable and constructive. I believe most of these will eventually be addressed. I hope!
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Elboc
01.09.2012 , 10:23 AM | #18
I wasn't a cantina monkey in SWG either, although I did buy my wifes toon a breast augmentation so she could get better tips from the patrons. Believe it or not, it worked.

Having said THAT, I'll get to the point... every time I walk into a cantina they are so well designed I feel it is a waste the community doesn't have a reason to use them. The cantinas in this game really have the feel of nightclubs and bars, places you'd want a fun loving community to hang out in. Alot of time and love was put into making these places and they're pretty much going to waste.
Sabaak would fix this problem IMO, we know they want it in, just a matter of time I suppose.
Jt - Level 55 Mercenary - Rank 75 Valor
"Agent" Smth - Level 50 Sniper - Valor Rank 97
***The Untold Legacy*** The Bastion Server -"Founder"

homedjm
01.09.2012 , 10:26 AM | #19
14. Get the in game CSR's to start cleaning up names now. Legacy names like "Rapetastic" and "Childmolestor" really shouldn't stand more than a few hours after being reported.
This, but don't take out the President Obama's
may the force be with you

Madcatyoji
01.09.2012 , 10:29 AM | #20
Great post!

I'm really glad somebody took the time to list some things in a polite manner. As the player of a Twi'lek wearing the Imperial Dancer's uniform 24/7 I'm all for more incentive to hang out at Cantina's. When I'm not pvping I'm usually on a bar :P

I had a recommendation for the forums. What if they put in a "rating" system to rate other player's posts. With a provision like if you give 5 bad ratings in a row you cant give anymore for an hour it might keep the trolls from totally abusing it. My reasoning so many threads are just trash and so many posters are trolls that I swear signed up for the game just to whine on the forums. I'd love to be able to have a "rating" next to a thread and be like okay this thread is 1 star, not worth my time.

Just a thought.

(PS) you would definitely get a 5 star!
Lok'Looth Yojimbo - The Enforcer - Coon and Friends PVP Guild - The Bastion PVP Server