Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black/blue Lightsaber crystal. How do I get it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Black/blue Lightsaber crystal. How do I get it?

Undercoverwrx
01.09.2012 , 09:39 AM | #1
I have read that they are part of weapons but dont understand how to go from there. Where do I get the weapons and then how do I get the crystal from them to put in my lightsaber?

Sky_walkerPL
01.09.2012 , 09:50 AM | #2
Rakata vendor on Republic space station sells items with black/blue crystal. You can get tokens for them from Hardmode and nightmare operations.
But you don't want black-blue crystal. Black sabers are one of things that distinguish lame players with no respect to Star Wars from everyone else.
Besides that - even ascetic wise they are no more than glowing sticks. It's like running with training saber while everyone around have real lightsabers.
Sky Legacy, Hydian Way
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]Proudly contributed to: Color crystals RE guide DH DB. Created: Imp uniforms list.

ErikModi
01.09.2012 , 01:10 PM | #3
So, just because we like black, and you don't, we're inferior Star Wars fans to you?

Wow, that's insulting.

Scorpassailant
01.09.2012 , 01:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
So, just because we like black, and you don't, we're inferior Star Wars fans to you?

Wow, that's insulting.
Some people are just way too full of themselves...

Lanowin
01.09.2012 , 01:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sky_walkerPL View Post
Rakata vendor on Republic space station sells items with black/blue crystal. You can get tokens for them from Hardmode and nightmare operations.
But you don't want black-blue crystal. Black sabers are one of things that distinguish lame players with no respect to Star Wars from everyone else.
Besides that - even ascetic wise they are no more than glowing sticks. It's like running with training saber while everyone around have real lightsabers.
Thanks for telling us where these were located. I for one think that these colored light sabers look cool and give you something to stand out because of your achievements.

omgitsbrad
01.09.2012 , 01:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post

Wow, that's insulting.
uh, yes?

Thats like saying you want a rainbow brite unicorn mount, and a masterchief outfit, while calling yourself a Jedi.

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.

Undercoverwrx
01.09.2012 , 01:53 PM | #7
I know. And you dont see me going around saying people who dont like black lightsabers are dou@#enozzles and full of themselves either. Everyone has their own things they think look cool. It doesnt make me less of a fan or I wouldnt be playing the game. So get off the high horse.

For real responses, what level do I have to be and where do I find those missions referenced?

TrifKaylon
01.09.2012 , 01:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by omgitsbrad View Post
uh, yes?

Thats like saying you want a rainbow brite unicorn mount, and a masterchief outfit, while calling yourself a Jedi.

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.
There are precedents for all sorts of crazy lightsaber colors, actually:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystal

There's even a precedent for a black blade and a multi-colored "rainbow" blade.

I'm a pretty huge fan. I welcome crazy lightsaber colors - in fact, I think that's one of the best ways to continually expand itemization and differentiate more prestigious gear.

Personally, I would love a dual-rainbow bladed lightsaber - that would be so intense.
The Jados Legacy
Captain Trif Jados
Agent Cein Jados
Lord Carrm Jados

TurbulentFlame
01.09.2012 , 01:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Undercoverwrx View Post
I know. And you dont see me going around saying people who dont like black lightsabers are dou@#enozzles and full of themselves either. Everyone has their own things they think look cool. It doesnt make me less of a fan or I wouldnt be playing the game. So get off the high horse.

For real responses, what level do I have to be and where do I find those missions referenced?
Level 50, and pretty much anywhere there is a flashpoint in general. You get those badges from hard modes -- or is it nightmare modes? Someone else will want to clarify for me, I think.

Personally speaking I don't like the mixed-color lightsabers, but that's an aesthetic thing rather than a difficulty with the canonical status of such things. They just look ugly to me. Though, the black-and-red works reasonably well.
Dekart Ciradian
Jedi Shadow of the Seventh Legion
Vrook Lamar (US)

Jellison
01.09.2012 , 01:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by omgitsbrad View Post
uh, yes?

I'm a rainbow brite unicorn and I am INSULTED by this comment.

RAAARRGGHHH IMAD.
Flagging and getting flagged, all day every day.