Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key Question

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tossey
01.09.2012 , 07:24 AM | #1
Anyone know how to remove or change a security key on your account? I have a SK on my phone and want to get a new phone. I don't see a way to unbind my app from my account and reattach it to a new app.

Tarrasco
01.09.2012 , 07:25 AM | #2
i realy wnat to know that too

Beruthien
01.09.2012 , 07:29 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings,

To remove the Security Key from your account you would need to contact our Customer Support over the phone.

Hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service ľ Forum Support

tblader
01.09.2012 , 07:30 AM | #4
All security key related issues will have to go through customer service on the phone. You cant do it through the forums or via email unfortunatly.

ĽUSA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)
ĽUK, Germany, France: 00800 0246 9273 (008000 BIOWARE)
For calls originating from countries not listed above, please call the following number: +442035642555 *

*Edit* took to long to pull up the customer service number, and the CS rep beat me.
JamesT CT-6816 West Texas Squad Leader Star Garrison
Proud Owner of movie accurate ...MK II - ABS Clone Trooper armor ~ $2000, Fiberglass Scout Trooper Armor ~ $1000, ABS Stormtrooper Armor ~ $1500
CE edition? Naw why pay extra for in-game perks when you can be the Imperial

kanedin
01.09.2012 , 07:46 AM | #5
Please enable option to remove security key, Spanish technical support does not exist and a internationall call is expensive.

Thanks.

P.D. Other MORPG games have that option, and is safe.

tossey
01.09.2012 , 08:00 AM | #6
Please make this automated so we do not need to talk to someone and wait. I am sure customer service is flooded with calls for other issues. I hate to say this but follow the model blizzard has set up. Or just have a remove option on our accounts that takes the code on the security key at least.

Aydos
01.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #7
Also, once you have it removed you cannot add another one.

I had an android and added the android mobile app the day it came out. A few days later I got a new android phone for christmas and called and had the key removed.

I then tried to add my new phone with the app and it errors out.

I have talked to customer support a couple of times and they said at this time there is not a way to add the mobile app to your account after you have it removed.

It will get you no matter if you go from iPhone to Android, Android to iPhone, or mobile to physical.

I would like an update so I could make my account secure.

kanedin
01.10.2012 , 03:35 AM | #8
Well what a botched security system

dstidham
02.14.2012 , 07:42 PM | #9
Just went through this myself ... considering I use the mobile authenticator with my WoW account, and had a similar issue a few months back, and Blizzard was able to get my back on track and using the mobile authenticator again after a simple phone call.

Boggles my mind ... I'm in software development and I have no idea how you create a feature that can only be used once in a program. I mean, it's data ... 0's and 1's.

Impatiently awaiting a fix to the broken implementation.