Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(R.I.G) Trying to bring common courtesy and friendliness back to gaming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
(R.I.G) Trying to bring common courtesy and friendliness back to gaming

Saani
12.14.2011 , 05:47 AM | #1
Hi there everyone,

I am here as a representative of a group of gamers and guilds who over a year ago came together to try and bring back some of that ‘Old School’ type of MMO community that we believe has slowly begun to ebb away from our gaming experiences in recent MMO’s, and to that end we all grouped together to try and make a change to that here in SW:TOR. A post by our founder Ty-Odi on the pre-launch forums kind of exploded and from there ‘The R.i.G.’ was born.

We currently stand at around 30 guilds being signed up to this, and we have individuals and guilds from all over the globe, and covering all manner of different gaming styles and preferences.

We are currently looking for guilds and individuals who like us, share the desire to see some basic common courtesy and respectful game play ideals such as the ones listed below in our charter return to out gaming experience in SW:TOR. If you think you or your guild would be interested in such a thing? Please do not hesitate to contact us.

www.respectingaming.com is our website, please feel free to pop by and say hi, or to just have a nose around, we are not a ruling body, nor are we trying to take anything away from any individual guild or person, we are merely trying to bring likeminded people together, and to try and make this a truly amazing experience both for ourselves and those we come in to contact with on our gaming journey, below is our charter, and if you are interested in either coming to one of our servers to game with us, or to try and take these ideals and promote them on which ever server you end up on it would be great to have you.

Many thanks for reading, and I am sure I speak for everyone on the RiG in hoping that we hear from you all soon!!

THE CHARTER

The goal of this charter is to form a group of like-minded individuals and guilds on one or more servers to foster a sense of community and respect among all players.

By signing this charter, you agree to do your best to show your fellow players the same mutual respect and courtesy that you would like to receive in return.

There are no official rules to this charter. It cannot be policed or monitored by an outside party or the development team. We will uphold it ourselves using simple common sense. We pledge our faith in community and in each other. By signing, you agree to do your part to protect these ideals.

Goals of Respect in Gaming:

· To promote universal respect and common courtesy to your fellow players at all times.

· To accept player diversity in age, race, gender, orientation, and playstyle without prejudice.

· To aid and assist your fellow players as best you can.

· To be there to help create a fun and friendly environment within PVP to not only take part in, but also to learn in, by offering hints and advice to those learning.

· To be there to help create a fun and friendly environment within PVE to not only take part in, but also to learn in, by offering hints and advice to those learning, and to do so showing as much patience as possible. To exercise a sense of fair play and compassion, when distributing loot, and to make these experiences not only about the challenge, but having fun as well.

· To be mindful and respectful of any people who are in the middle of RP, and to show support and respect for this community by allowing them to go about their business unhindered.

· To help out newbies to the game by offering advice and guidance, and perhaps even combat support if necessary, to aid them, and to do so showing them respect and courtesy even if they fail to return it.

We sign this charter and acknowledge that these goals represent the spirit of our community, not the letter of the law.
Crazies of Korriban - Sith Empire Guild, Juyo Server
R.I.G Liaison - A community based on mutual respect for all gamers.

Ty-Odi
12.14.2011 , 06:03 AM | #2
Thanks for posting this mate!

And I too would just like to say hi Whether you decide to join our community or not, I wish you all the very best, and truly hope SW:TOR brings you guys an amazing gaming experience!

Look forward to meeting any of you who do decide to wander over!

And if any of you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me, and I will do anything I can to help answer them.

All the best guys!!

Ty-Odi

Founder of the RiG
Looking to build a quality online community
The R.I.G.

damolawler
12.14.2011 , 06:07 AM | #3
I support this.

The thread i recently started touched on something similar.

http://http://www.swtor.com/communit...ad.php?t=15101

GarrettPLC
12.14.2011 , 06:13 AM | #4
/Signed!

Good plan.

Elloa
12.14.2011 , 06:49 AM | #5
I've not visited your website yet, but I really agree and appareciate this initiative.
I'm signing as individual, and I'll let my guild know about this charter. As it really fit our aspirations as gamer, I'm sure everyone will sign aswell.

/Elloa signed
Master Liy Elloa * Whìtestar *
Lord Calypho Eu

Vidéo Serie : Imperial Agent Elloa

Saani
12.14.2011 , 07:33 AM | #6
Thanks guys/girls.

You're more than welcome to pop over to the RIG site anytime and say hi and possibly meet a few of the others involved. We'd love to meet you, and have you involved if you are interested!

Damolawler - I did see your post earlier, and it's one of the reasons I made the above post. It's an atmosphere we're striving to avoid by bringing back the 'good old days' of MMO companionship and camaraderie.
Crazies of Korriban - Sith Empire Guild, Juyo Server
R.I.G Liaison - A community based on mutual respect for all gamers.

Esproc
12.14.2011 , 07:33 AM | #7
This is how I play.

These are concepts that I not only believe in, but endorse.

The guild I am in has these same beliefs and I can only hope that all our members, and fellow MMO players, keep to the principles we've declared.
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

Grome
12.14.2011 , 08:38 AM | #8
It's making for a superb gaming environment, no matter the amount of participants.

And even if it's just a personal set of principles that you follow, it is rewarding.

MajorlyCool
12.14.2011 , 09:27 AM | #9
I can't thank Ty and the others at RiG enough for starting this movement!

/signed

Velerak
12.14.2011 , 09:33 AM | #10
/Signed

An excellent idea, I'll be looking for RiG in a guilds details when I eventually join one.

Velerak.