Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VvKAIvV
02.14.2012 , 09:38 PM | #591
I don't mind the Samurai kind of style, they could have actually chosen medieval knights, it's the execution, it looks like a cosplay nerd with lunch pale on his back. How bout some cool blues and silvers since Imps are very black and red, real samurai gear would have been better, how bout futuristic spartan helmet.

Or even simpler put the mods on pvp store and let us buy them separate with commendations and put them in any gear we want without making us pay a fortune to pull them out. If I kill a sith I should be able to pick up his gear as a dark side Jedi, put it on and tea bag his lifeless body.

Oh lastly not every Jedi has to wear a robe of brown or with brown on it, we are a bunch of walking terds.

Bamxk
02.15.2012 , 02:42 PM | #592
Imagine if bioware used the in game JK pvp armor set in their opening cinematics.. LOL! I wonder who would have rolled JK after seeing that...

vortexdr
02.15.2012 , 03:05 PM | #593
ROFL so ugly...hahaha ohhh boy as a jugg (whose gear also doesnt look great) i truly feel sorry for you guys having to run around int his atrocity.

I saw some guradians that looked sweet.. Almost iconic like. I assume thats the lvl 40 pvp armor?

Bamxk
02.15.2012 , 03:13 PM | #594
Quote: Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
ROFL so ugly...hahaha ohhh boy as a jugg (whose gear also doesnt look great) i truly feel sorry for you guys having to run around int his atrocity.

I saw some guradians that looked sweet.. Almost iconic like. I assume thats the lvl 40 pvp armor?
Yeah alot of the lower lvl gear looks great. Lots of robes that have the jedi look done well. I personally ripped the mods out of my champion set and put them into an orange set i have been using since lvl 40. I just cannot bring myself to wear that mess they call "armor" haha.

RayneDancer
02.15.2012 , 06:36 PM | #595
/signed

Jedi Knight PvP gear looks *********** ridiculous. Granted, so does Smuggler and Operative.

Give the PvP sets another pass, BioWare, in the art department. It's disgustingly bad.
Ξ█()||||||||||()█Ξ██████████████████████████████████████████)

Venator-Falco
02.15.2012 , 07:47 PM | #596
First up It aint just the Knights that cop the Anime Armour.
Second it is not Just PVP gear that cops the Anime Armour.
All the high end Armour in the game for PVP and for Raiding is Anime Ostentatious garbage, they obviously took the lead art designer from WOW or something.
Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape.
What man is a man who does not make the world better.

Ryeko
02.16.2012 , 08:49 AM | #598
/signed

I'm not sure if any info has been updated in this 50+ page thread but I purchased my first lvl50 PvP armor chest piece last night. What utter and complete goofiness! I love Bioware , but they should be ashamed with that joke of a design in their JK armor...I really wish they were J/K when they put this trash in game. It is by far some of the worst armor I have seen in any game and don't get me started on the wannabe samurai helmet..lol

I really hope they have some plans to address this by adding armor or giving us some sort of better choices.

I have been looking for the 'orange' style armor that Master Zallow and other NPC guardians have been seen wearing in game. That way I could buy it and rip the mods out of the joke of the armor I have now.

I want to look like a Jedi, not a goofball from a MST-3k flick!

Arkerus
02.16.2012 , 09:24 AM | #599
Can we remove the mods from our epic PvP gear or is it locked in?
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

MasterMaiTzun
02.16.2012 , 10:23 AM | #600
After hearing folks talk about pulling the mods out of their armor and putting them in orange armor I took a peek at mine. It doesn't appear you would be benefiting by pulling the mods out. The whole idea behind "upgrading" from top solo play PvE armor to Centurion PvP armor is to get the expertise the armor gives. It didn't seem that pulling the mods out of the armor would, in fact, pull the expertise off.

If this is true then it is of no benefit to pull the mods off. It is faster (and MUCH cheaper) to run the belsavis/ilum dailies and have (arguably due to the ability to customize) better mods.

Am I correct in seeing this?