Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StainedLotus
01.12.2012 , 02:06 PM | #191
While it's not the best armor in the world , I can see that Bioware made that armor as an ode the the samurai inspiration Lucas had for them.

Erudain
01.12.2012 , 02:23 PM | #192
Yeah well....wearing most of the parts (head, legs, hand, bracer, boots, belt, etc), hiding the helmet in preferences, and using some orange chest...I could hold my stomach and not puke....but not for long.

Zarthorn
01.12.2012 , 02:42 PM | #193
Easily the worst armor set in the game with the Zorro set for Smugglers not far behind.

I cannot bring myself to show the helm at all, I'm supposed to be a Jedi not some kind of offspring of the Borg from Star Trek and the Shredder of TMNT fame.

DigitalMaster
01.12.2012 , 03:14 PM | #194
Signed! That is some super rediculous gear. Why? is the only thing that came to mind when I saw that gear.
--- Proud member of =ORD= found here ---

Watch some of the best SWTOR walkthrough videos WEBGAMINGCENTRAL

nRGon
01.12.2012 , 03:22 PM | #195
Wow. Even though I don't have plans to play the Republic side anytime soon, I have to agree the armor looks horrid. I wouldn't want to wear it either.

I think that the art director/team need to not take this personally, admit that it's not visually appealing, and make something better soon. They've done some great work and they can definitely improve this.
zanth | juggernaut zanthen | mararauder

Comar
01.12.2012 , 05:43 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.

So yes, you can make any gear in the game that fits your class level 50+ after the changes Emmanuel described happen.

A few notes:

When we reply to one post, we can't address all other questions that the community might come up with. Stuff like, hoods, adding more armor variation, etc. are all things we've taken note of and when we have something to announce, you will hear from us. We've always said we wanted to have customer demand driven development after launch and some of the things you've read about are just the first in a long list of things we want to do or are discussing right now.

Please also be mindful that we're not often going to give ETAs. An ETA, even though it's estimated, is essentially a promise - and that limits our ability to prioritize our development based on actual severity and impact and that is not a smart thing to do. They also create a lot of bad blood regarding broken promises if they aren't met. (In my experience, few people take notice of the E in ETA.)
Georg, you post is not the answr the OP expected to have and it feels like you dont know what we are talking about. This thread is about the fact that you cannot change the appearence of PvP gear, i.e. Champion gear. Those items do have a mod and an enhacement, you can extract those, but you would lose:

a) the stat bonus from the set
b) the "hidden" stats which are obviously not part of the modification

This leads to lvl50 running around with the same gear in endgame, since Tionese, Columni, Rakata look all the same (except color), same with Centurion, Champion, Battlemaster PvP gear.

What we need is engame gear with armor, mod, enhancement mods which we are able to extract and out it in any orange gear we want and get the setboni plus the same stats.
Darth Sious - Synthweaver/Slicer on "The Red Eclipse"

In Beta known as:Parsec, Dredale, Sabero, Drem, Kaast, Kia'a

Thollocks
01.12.2012 , 05:46 PM | #197
terrible looking set. would rather lose the stats than wear that ugly piece of junk.

bizcuits
01.12.2012 , 06:05 PM | #198
World of Warcraft regularly implemented armor updates. In the beginning of WOW the "Valor" armor set for the plate wearer was ******... then Blizzard updated it and gave everyone a set of armor more ridiculous then a golden samurai from the 60's.

Dysturbance
01.12.2012 , 06:09 PM | #199
my friends and i all agreed that it looks like gay iron man. especially with our dance

Elysios
01.12.2012 , 10:37 PM | #200
Signed.