Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aeterno
01.11.2012 , 11:25 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
do you guys plan on giving us the gear from the trailers? such as the jedi and sith outfits from the "Deceived" trailer
As far as the jedi armor in trailers is concerned, It's already in, and very sought after. It's the jedi battlemaster set (not the pvp tier called that, an orange gear set lol, the pieces drop randomly apparently).

Erudain
01.11.2012 , 11:50 AM | #162
uuhhmm yeah... so what can I customize with orange gear?
For what i've seen/heard from friends, the expertise stat and the set bonus are built in the base armor....not the mods in it.

So what do I get when I place those mods in orange gear? yeah sounds like a pve gear to me.
At least if you are not going to remake the armors, move the expertise stat to the mods (I don't know what you can do with the set bonus)

Undeadcenturion
01.11.2012 , 11:51 AM | #163
It is by far the worst armor I've ever seen in an MMO. Yeah, I went that far. We look like we are waring a TV for a chest plate. When the nerk did I become a robot? Did i roll Sith? I think not. And those who QQ about robes .. You're a Jedi, **** and love it. You're supposed to wear a robe .. it's symbolic. I will not wear the PvP chest place and considering all I do is Warzones and hope for open world PvP, that says alot in its own. I like the rest of the armor, well except the helm. I'm not a throw back Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtle so no need for a Samuri head piece. I will simply wear the best lvl robe i can find and wear it in conjuction with the rest of that armor. End Rant and happy hunting.

Shadow_Spec
01.11.2012 , 12:24 PM | #164
Wow, that armor is ugly.
The Republic Legacy

Spoiler

joaltendorf
01.11.2012 , 12:27 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexious View Post
http://imgur.com/yzVbx

I think we can easily ALL agree on this. Not only Sentinel and Guardian seem to have the same armor (which makes no sense at all), but it's also outrageously horrific.

THAT is supposed to be a Jedi? Really? There are some awesome armors in this game, including PvE ones which I dig a lot. But this is unacceptable.

It's not even the Samurai look, which could be passed as different. The helmet is the least worrysome part of the set. But the chest, the boots, the leggings, and come on, that thing on the back? We ain't Troopers!

Sign this for developer attention. I personally won't be using this armor set even if it means losing the Expertise.
hell, this is good for halloween or other jokes

Nat_Itov
01.11.2012 , 12:38 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.

Yeah I think you should actually look at the orange gear that has nothing slotted in it, it has a level requirement. I will bet you a set of orange bracers and waist for each class you are wrong.

Riotus
01.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #167
/signed

that armor is absolutely atrocious and my jk is now 43 and i love pvp but would rather be a gimp than wear that scuba gear suit

Sinnsaber
01.11.2012 , 01:06 PM | #168
Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.
Actually that's not 100% accurate, there are (orange) pieces with set levels. I bought one the other day on the galactic trade market because I REALLY liked the style but it was too high for me so I planned to pull the mods on it and replace them to bring the "(orange) no level" gear down to my level so I could look the way I wanted to and after spending my 26k credits and pulling the mods and replacing them with my level mods behold "Ancient Vindicator's Chestguard" (orange) no level gear is still level 47 /facepalm

Viconiuz
01.11.2012 , 01:49 PM | #169
They have a much lower armor-value, as I recall.

So it's not viable even with the best upgrades.
Peace is a a Lie, there is only...cake
The cake is a lie there is only.. no wait..
Argh.. dammit!

Viconiuz
01.11.2012 , 01:51 PM | #170
@ the devs.

It's kind of ironic that green lvl 10 armor looks better than the clown-suits you call end-game gear.
Peace is a a Lie, there is only...cake
The cake is a lie there is only.. no wait..
Argh.. dammit!