Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SubZeroScorpion's Avatar


SubZeroScorpion
01.10.2012 , 06:04 PM | #111
/SIGNED

get rid of this armor please
Army of light Trooper. Lieutenant Ermac Scorpion Squad Leader of Celestial Guard

::::Website:Forum:Chat:Application::::

laslaya's Avatar


laslaya
01.10.2012 , 06:11 PM | #112
How could anyone hate rocket booster samurai jedi?! Its a marvelous design, it hits everything jedi are about, rockets and samurai armor! The only things its missing are wings and horns and a racing stripe, then it will true have everything you'd expect from a Jedi in SWtoR. Bravo art team, bravo!

Csdabest's Avatar


Csdabest
01.10.2012 , 06:17 PM | #113
I want an armored Horse as a mount

Aerion's Avatar


Aerion
01.10.2012 , 06:28 PM | #114
Meh, I am okay with the look of the PvP gear, it's certainly not the best designed set in the game, but it's not nearly as horrible as you would think from the posts in this thread.
As soon as the modding update is released the whole issue will become mood anyway.
Also I reject the idea that anybody could dislike space samurai, space samurai > all, exept maybe for space cowboys.
╞▒▒▒▒(o)▒▒▒▒╣[(██████████████████████████████████)

Strayth's Avatar


Strayth
01.10.2012 , 06:38 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
Meh, I am okay with the look of the PvP gear, it's certainly not the best designed set in the game, but it's not nearly as horrible as you would think from the posts in this thread.
As soon as the modding update is released the whole issue will become mood anyway.
Also I reject the idea that anybody could dislike space samurai, space samurai > all, exept maybe for space cowboys.
You're gonna tell us it's ok to have Kim Kardashian's butt as a Jedi Knight too ?

Roak's Avatar


Roak
01.10.2012 , 06:41 PM | #116
need to add my voice to this one, it just doesn't look "jedi-ish" the level 40 knight pvp armour looks much better.

but... there are people who like this, so I think taking it out would be unfair, at this point it needs 2 options, the techno-samurai look and a more traditional jedi knight look.

not sure how this would be implemented though and if it could retroactively change already purchased pieces.
things need to change
We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this teamô
~
You have no play time.

Aleron's Avatar


Aleron
01.10.2012 , 06:43 PM | #117
And I thought Sith Warrior armor looked strange because of the wierd spikes...I take that back. Sith Warrior armor looks INCREDIBLY good compared to THIS.
"That's because unlike in Mass Effect 2 where you only had to spend around 8 hours scanning planets in TOR you will be spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours scanning planets. Everyone knows, the most fun thing about having your own spaceship is to scan planets." Rothnang

TarinKellur's Avatar


TarinKellur
01.10.2012 , 06:50 PM | #118
I refuse to wear the armour.

Space Samurai? Really?

I'd much prefer something less stupid, such as armour plates undearneath open robes (like they wear in the Deceived trailer).

But if I could only change one thing it would be the damn helmet.

Aerion's Avatar


Aerion
01.10.2012 , 06:55 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post
You're gonna tell us it's ok to have Kim Kardashian's butt as a Jedi Knight too ?
Why should anyone not be in favour of a bug that drastically improves the bootyliciousness of the Republic's proud guardians?
But in all seriousness, no I am not happy about this bug, although it doesn't rank high on the list of bugs that, well, bug me, since you can ignore it 80 percent of the time; all in all I apologise for voicing an opinion that differs from the majority, and promise that I'll try to behave from now on.
╞▒▒▒▒(o)▒▒▒▒╣[(██████████████████████████████████)

Strayth's Avatar


Strayth
01.10.2012 , 07:04 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
Why should anyone not be in favour of a bug that drastically improves the bootyliciousness of the Republic's proud guardians?
But in all seriousness, no I am not happy about this bug, although it doesn't rank high on the list of bugs that, well, bug me, since you can ignore it 80 percent of the time; all in all I apologise for voicing an opinion that differs from the majority, and promise that I'll try to behave from now on.
It's not about voicing a minority opinion, it's more about "look at all those magnificent Jedi gear we got in the game !!!" we got in dozen of trailers, screenshots, etc...

To finally realize that all there is for us, is ugly gear (look at those textures...) with a huge booty, no hood down, and when we finally got one that has none of these problems...

It's a space samurai suit.

I honestly feel I've been trolled by Bioware. Really.

Though to be fair, I could care less about the "end game gear", as what bugs me the most, is having a ridiculous Jedi Knight in all my story cut scenes :/ . Way to completely destroy my immersion.