Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Narcolepsy
01.10.2012 , 04:06 PM | #101
/signed

Seriously? The most disturbing thing about this (to me) is that not only did someone make this and think it was cool or maybe rushed to meet a deadline but the fact that there's another person that saw this and signed off on it.

NovaGame
01.10.2012 , 04:12 PM | #102
Agree ,its the worst pvp/pve skin i have ever seen.
I mean come on BW ,you have created Mass Effect ...give us somthing better than this.

maciejmh
01.10.2012 , 04:43 PM | #103
/signed

even started playing sent becaouse of the heavy armors.
hopefully my hope came back. I believe this horror gonna end some day and there will be some clothes for guardians..

heybarn
01.10.2012 , 05:01 PM | #104
I saw the Jedi helmet for the first time last night... I won't be going for that anytime soon - awful
How to Carve Roast Unicorn blogspot
Daily pop culture and Web inspiration with plenty of awesome trawled Star Wars & SWTOR stuff

maciejmh
01.10.2012 , 05:02 PM | #105
/signed

it's ugly, horrible and scary that someone could do a mess like that.
I have even started playing sent just to stay calm.
Hope someday there will be a cloth heavy for guardians as they are the force of the jedis. Main characters from all of the movies..
Playing back on guard and hoping when I ding 50 there will be no more mess.. ;/

Skizzik
01.10.2012 , 05:14 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexious View Post
http://imgur.com/yzVbx

I think we can easily ALL agree on this. Not only Sentinel and Guardian seem to have the same armor (which makes no sense at all), but it's also outrageously horrific.

THAT is supposed to be a Jedi? Really? There are some awesome armors in this game, including PvE ones which I dig a lot. But this is unacceptable.

It's not even the Samurai look, which could be passed as different. The helmet is the least worrysome part of the set. But the chest, the boots, the leggings, and come on, that thing on the back? We ain't Troopers!

Sign this for developer attention. I personally won't be using this armor set even if it means losing the Expertise.
I have to admit, that is pretty bad. Fire that artist now before he makes any more.

Edit: also, that is a BS post Georg.

Iorveth
01.10.2012 , 05:26 PM | #107
when I first time see it, i thought it must be something wrong wrong with eyes, just cant believe A JEDI KNIGHT WEAR A MAILLOT WITH SAMURAI HELMET ***!!! PLZ CHANGE IT

cwilsonafr
01.10.2012 , 05:27 PM | #108
I have to say I completely agree with most people here that the PvP armor options are terrible where the Jedi are concerned. I've seen some of the Sith gear and its pretty awesome. A Jedi, especially a high "ranking" one, should look the part. Not to mention that by the cannon, they are simplistic and modest. Why can't we get some stuff that looks like what they were wearing in the Hope/Deceived/Return Cinematics? Robes on top, armor underneath. Maybe an option to wear the hood up or down.They should be nimble and classy but modest. Not covered in gold metal with crappy helmets. And what is with all these "goggle" options for head gear? Has anyone ever, seen a Jedi wear such things? The bands are kinda cool, but goggles?

Just my thoughts, but I find myself going to great lengths to get high enough level mods for orange gear that I like so I can avoid that kind of high level ugly gear.

Begau
01.10.2012 , 05:50 PM | #109
I too was rather disappointed when I saw this. After playing primarily on Empire and seeing the set Inquisitors had access to, I was expecting something equally as unique. Not only did this armour set really strike me as odd, but the Trooper one garnered the same reaction. The black steel plate on the chest actually made me think for a second that my model in the appearance window was glitching out and that I could see through myself. Also just looks really blocky. Doesn't give an imposing, agressive vibe at all.
Squadron 419

Strayth
01.10.2012 , 05:57 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.

So yes, you can make any gear in the game that fits your class level 50+ after the changes Emmanuel described happen.

A few notes:

When we reply to one post, we can't address all other questions that the community might come up with. Stuff like, hoods, adding more armor variation, etc. are all things we've taken note of and when we have something to announce, you will hear from us. We've always said we wanted to have customer demand driven development after launch and some of the things you've read about are just the first in a long list of things we want to do or are discussing right now.

Please also be mindful that we're not often going to give ETAs. An ETA, even though it's estimated, is essentially a promise - and that limits our ability to prioritize our development based on actual severity and impact and that is not a smart thing to do. They also create a lot of bad blood regarding broken promises if they aren't met. (In my experience, few people take notice of the E in ETA.)
Georg, I'm praying to GOD you're actually putting the "large butt feature" in the "ETC.", cause if it's not fixed, you realized 90% of the Jedi gear is HORRIBLE.

When a man looks like a woman, that's not style or preferences, that's a terrible failure.

Look at that.

http://i42.tinypic.com/14w9ls4.png

Find ONE man who actually LIKES that. Not 'doesn't mind', actually like. You won't find any.