Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

amonre
01.10.2012 , 01:56 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable. The solution to that lies in allowing players to control their own style, a function that the core game currently provides via customizable (orange) gear.

Please see Emmanuel's post on extending orange gear viability into endgame to get an idea of our intentions. Obviously, new appearances will also be added to the game over time as well.

Regards
Georg
This is false. So far the only "choice of appearance" is the same appearance in varying colors and a couple added pieces of metal. JKs have exactly two looks, besides PvP gear; hooded robe or hooded cape. You then add some bits of extra metal around the shoulders to simulate "choice." And this is all of it. Don't include Social gear, because it's all Light Armor, meaning it is useless for anything other than JCs or Companions.

Auxili
01.10.2012 , 02:02 PM | #92
Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable. The solution to that lies in allowing players to control their own style, a function that the core game currently provides via customizable (orange) gear.

Please see Emmanuel's post on extending orange gear viability into endgame to get an idea of our intentions. Obviously, new appearances will also be added to the game over time as well.

Regards
Georg
So orange level 50 gear will be added?
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

Jedi_Moat
01.10.2012 , 02:15 PM | #93
This gear is plain and simply hideous.. No where at all have I ever seen a metallic samurai in Star Wars. If you want this game to be "iconic and starwarsy" you will actually make Jedi Knights look like Jedi Knights.

If this concept art for this armor was brought to my desk I would seriously consider firing the artist... How it made it to a live version of the game blows me away..
I was born Sith, raised by Jedi.
I am neither Hero nor Villian.
My future is Clouded, but one thing is certain. In this great conflict I control my Destiny

GeorgZoeller
01.10.2012 , 02:25 PM | #94 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Auxili View Post
So orange level 50 gear will be added?
Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.

So yes, you can make any gear in the game that fits your class level 50+ after the changes Emmanuel described happen.

A few notes:

When we reply to one post, we can't address all other questions that the community might come up with. Stuff like, hoods, adding more armor variation, etc. are all things we've taken note of and when we have something to announce, you will hear from us. We've always said we wanted to have customer demand driven development after launch and some of the things you've read about are just the first in a long list of things we want to do or are discussing right now.

Please also be mindful that we're not often going to give ETAs. An ETA, even though it's estimated, is essentially a promise - and that limits our ability to prioritize our development based on actual severity and impact and that is not a smart thing to do. They also create a lot of bad blood regarding broken promises if they aren't met. (In my experience, few people take notice of the E in ETA.)

Apocalypse-
01.10.2012 , 02:40 PM | #95
The Knight PvP gear is completely disjointed from the rest of the gear available to knights. Wearing it you don't look like a knight. The helmet is the worst offender of this, with the rest of the set just looking excessively bland.

When you then look at the Sentinel Champion gear in solid gold, the set is revolting. The other color schemes aren't terrible, but the set is absolutely revolting in a solid gold.
Rookie / Trage / Za'ell
"I didn't say I left the Jedi Order. It left ME." ―Jolee Bindo
All the way to Alderaan

Rasui
01.10.2012 , 02:41 PM | #96
Hi Alexious,

Regards
Georg
Future plans are great and all, but until it actually happens, saying this just comes off as disingenuous.

Acoustek
01.10.2012 , 03:03 PM | #97
Playing both Emp and Rep it seems to me that way more thought was put in to the Empire side. Their armor is awesome, where as Republics are just down right horrid. Nar Shaddar is a failure of a planet. Even the +10 holocron takes Empire 10 mins to get, for us its a 2 hr process.

The armor the characters were wearing in the CG cutscenes were bad ***. Hell even the NPC
s at the Jedi Temple look awesome.

Large fail, Bioware.

Valorak
01.10.2012 , 03:06 PM | #98
Wow, that is some truly atrocious looking armour. Hell, it would be awful for any class let alone a Jedi Knight.

I'm also more than a little pissed off at Georg's response. Yes, style is subjective but you'll struggle to find more than half a dozen people that love that armour and think it's a fit for a Jedi Knight. Not only that, but he's listing alternatives that aren't even in the game yet! But then I distinctly remember reading a very condescending post of his back in one of the beta weekends, so I can't say I'm surprised.

DarkZeron
01.10.2012 , 03:47 PM | #99
this is an OP gear. I will die laughing when i see them coming towards me...
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Bioware!

-Rioh-
01.10.2012 , 04:00 PM | #100
Agreed. This armor set is stupid. @#$%*@& STUPID