Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yes. I want WOW with Wookies and Lightsabers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Yes. I want WOW with Wookies and Lightsabers.

Bantic
01.09.2012 , 04:03 AM | #21
I was told this game was WoW + better story + better crafting + no grinding. It is WoW - customization - end game - addons - good pvp - arena - LFD + space combat + voice overs + interactive story... That's all. So many negatives not enough positives. Looking forward to when this game gets better.

Kunitsukami
01.09.2012 , 04:03 AM | #22
WoW is awful, it's just the only monthly pay MMO that had any longevity from 2004 till now. It does not have depth that's absolute rubbish and it was ruined by add ons, macros and the like, although they are only a minor reason as to why it went downhill, the main points were horrific story lines and quests, terrible look and feel and a complete lack of variation.
Worship the mighty Hutt planet leaders! Moving incredibly slowly with their tiny arms and huge body mass which is easy to hit with any weapon!

Red_Cruiser
01.09.2012 , 04:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Chocobar View Post
I share the same opinion. I wanted a WoW copy set in the SW universe. EA killed Warhammer. They will do the same to this game. SWTOR will hover at around 500K subs and it will make them money but will be considered a total failure by the community. I'll wait for that Warhammer 40K MMO.
Mythic Entertainment killed Warhammer Online and the remnants of that company are going to kill SW:TOR. If you think that EA is to blame after allowing 3+ years in development and $130+ million dollars, you are nuts. Most game studios would kill for that kind of support from their publisher. Anybody who thinks this game was going to get drastically better with another year of development is really deluding themselves. EA used to be the kiss of death, but now they are just as likely to put out a decent game as they are a stinker and unfortunately, SWTOR falls in the "blah" area between the two.

Ghaiana
01.09.2012 , 04:04 AM | #24
Ask WoW to introduce lightsabers for elves.

CelestrialFox
01.09.2012 , 04:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bantic View Post
I was told this game was WoW + better story + better crafting + no grinding. It is WoW - customization - end game - addons - good pvp - arena - LFD + space combat + voice overs... That's all.
So much like wow they whine how much this game doesn't copy wow and should copy x features off wow...

Black_Rabbit
01.09.2012 , 04:05 AM | #26
I want this game to be more like Guitar hero, it makes sense people, do not be blind fools for not seeing this!!!!!!!!

Since we are out in the open, can we put Chuck Norris and ponies too? I really like those things, and I think everybody in here should like what I prefer.

Chosenxeno
01.09.2012 , 04:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kunitsukami View Post
WoW is awful, it's just the only monthly pay MMO that had any longevity from 2004 till now. It does not have depth that's absolute rubbish and it was ruined by add ons, macros and the like, although they are only a minor reason as to why it went downhill, the main points were horrific story lines and quests, terrible look and feel and a complete lack of variation.

I don't want it's Quests. I want it's bells and Whistles. Macros and addons have never moved me out of fire btw. I did that on my own.

Red_Cruiser
01.09.2012 , 04:06 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Bantic View Post
I was told this game was WoW + better story + better crafting + no grinding. It is WoW - customization - end game - addons - good pvp - arena - LFD + space combat + voice overs... That's all.
Honestly, the best review I've seen for SWTOR yet. Nailed it in like two sentences.

Brevity is an art form.

Endel
01.09.2012 , 04:06 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghaiana View Post
Ask WoW to introduce lightsabers for elves.
How simple but the best solution offered here.

You wan't WoW with lightsabres. So why not cry on WoW forums for it OP? This will be much easier solutiong for everybody.

PS: can someone enlighten me on how to rate a thread? Send this precious info via PM if you think it's better to keep it away from community
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

discosoc
01.09.2012 , 04:06 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by flunkorg View Post
If you wanna play WoW, then play WoW.
Its as simple as that.
I have a feeling that a lot of people are burned out of World of Warcraft;s setting. It's not that they dislike the gameplay. Most probably still love the game play; it's very polished and responsive and the dev's have done a good job over the years of keeping mechanics and class skills relevant and engaging. I think people are just tired of the setting and story.

I'm one of those people. Every time I'd hear someone complain that SWTOR is doomed to fail because it's "just another WoW clone", I thought to myself: "I sure hope it's a WoW clone because the game play is still very fun."