Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hutt Hospitality Nightmare mode

Badankis
01.09.2012 , 04:56 AM | #11
Either way, look at it this way. EV is the first raid and karraga is the second raid. If raid gear from raid 1 is required to do raid 2 I would say you would need at least 9/13ths rakata gear before entering Nightmare bonethrasher. As this was your first raid... those numbers are impossible. If you were the only dps on, i would also assume your guild didn't have this kind of gear. Just try hard mode first... it is significantly easier.
Catharsis - lvl 50 Juggernaut - Guild: Star Forge - Server: Port Nowhere

Michieltjuh
01.09.2012 , 05:12 AM | #12
We ran it with me solo healing as Operative, 6 dps and a Jugg tank for the adds on hardmode simply because the enrage is a pain.

On Nightmare, you shouldn't worry about the swipes, worry about making the enrage timer.
SWtoR: Medicine Operative
WoW: 2.7k+ rated holypala, restodruid, restosham, discpriest, armswarr.

xBuzz
01.09.2012 , 05:17 AM | #13
You're supposed to really do normal or hard core first to get to know the fight. I agree it's kinda chaotic, but if you had done it before on an easier mode, you would know the fight better and be less frustrated when you did it on nightmare.

The fight is pretty simple once you break it down. It's basically just a dps race, with a few mechanics to deal with.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Riddickcz
01.10.2012 , 08:16 AM | #14
Thanks for all Your replies guys.

Turns out I mixed up a little difficulties in this game thinking that "Nightmare mode" is SWTOR name for hard mode. Sorry for the confusion.

So the difficulty I was describing was indeed "Hard Mode" and so the video link provided was exactly what I needed. We took some aspects from what You used for the fight and came up with something ours and got the boss to 3% last night when boss enraged and unluckily JUST stomped killing us all.

Well he goes down tonight
The crazy is strong with this one.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/f744bd09b5be85fa.png

bearlol
01.10.2012 , 09:00 AM | #15
All this being said, any fight that involves forcing your main tank (IE me in my case) to either respec, or be sat, is a poorly designed fight.
Also, im fairly sure every player that plays this game agree's with the OP that Target of Target HAS to be in the game.
Alot of things that i'm sure will be implemented / fixed soon.

Just a clarification. The Rancor WAS tankable in beta, not only would the fight be more enjoyable, it would be less RANDOM, and it wouldn't involve sitting half of your main raiders.

I really hope future content looks different to this, or the other 40% of guilds that are melee heavy will never kill this boss.

Riddickcz
01.10.2012 , 09:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bearlol View Post
All this being said, any fight that involves forcing your main tank (IE me in my case) to either respec, or be sat, is a poorly designed fight.
Also, im fairly sure every player that plays this game agree's with the OP that Target of Target HAS to be in the game.
Alot of things that i'm sure will be implemented / fixed soon.

Just a clarification. The Rancor WAS tankable in beta, not only would the fight be more enjoyable, it would be less RANDOM, and it wouldn't involve sitting half of your main raiders.

I really hope future content looks different to this, or the other 40% of guilds that are melee heavy will never kill this boss.
We are actually killing this boss in combo 6 dps (2 ranged, 4 melee) and 2 healers. With proper tactic to get the fight at least a little under control it doesnt require melee to run much and gives i would say like 90% dps time on boss. Its still 10% less than ranged have but yea..its doable.

EDIT: However I do agree that on 90% of fights in this game melee dps are in multiple ways handicapped. But on the other hand Its been this way in every single MMO that went out. Thats just the way it is..you are melee u need to run from cleaves, thunder claps etc. I aint sayin its good its just how its always been.

Anyway Threat indicator and Target of Target and combat log is a MUST for MMO game of this scale. Its just sad it takes ages to implement core features that are actually required for boss fights not to be messy, when boss mechanics are build around these features.

Ginzuu
01.10.2012 , 09:42 AM | #17
Completed nightmare the other day,
Did it with a Jedi knight guardian tank and 2 healers.

Tactic: dont kite unless you really have to, that means you have to have atleast 16k+ health and get an absorb shield from a Sage to survive the swipe, you can survive it as the swipe damage seems to be from 16k to 17.k.

Still, the fight is somewhat broken without a target of target

I wouldnt suggest getting a tank tho, as you can just go with another DPSer instead.

Riddickcz
01.10.2012 , 09:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ginzuu View Post
Completed nightmare the other day,
Did it with a Jedi knight guardian tank and 2 healers.

Tactic: dont kite unless you really have to, that means you have to have atleast 16k+ health and get an absorb shield from a Sage to survive the swipe, you can survive it as the swipe damage seems to be from 16k to 17.k.

Still, the fight is somewhat broken without a target of target

I wouldnt suggest getting a tank tho, as you can just go with another DPSer instead.
Congrats on the kill.

Can I ask why did You choose to use Jedi Knight Guardian tank? to tank the ads?

Ginzuu
01.10.2012 , 10:02 AM | #19
Nah, the Guardian is a part of our core team and we raided EV nm before that so we figured we'll just try it out with him there.

It's also nice to have him enter first and take the initial swipe, I know you can do it with a Sentinel using CD's aswell but yeah, found "some" use for him

Dastey
01.10.2012 , 10:25 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Badankis View Post
Nightmare is a little different because you need a bigger health pool for this strat but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieind...layer_embedded
Ok we killed this boss saturday I believe after 4 tries on hard mode where I (Mercenary DPS) tanked the boss for 75 % of the fight untill I died at 75% (Yes I actually had aggro 75% of the fight).

I however got knocked down twice where I got gripped back up the first time.

I see the spot of where your ranged ar standing, just in front of a pillar. If u get knock back here will you fall back onto the platform or what is the reasoning behind this positioning?